Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
saisrini80 said:
Ha Ha man. When Ganguly is going through a bad time, you strip him of even the good moves that he makes. Finally, its all down to the captain's decision and i am sure you have to compliment him for that decision.

do you really think yuvraj, kaif and sehwag can make an impact in the captain of coach's decision? esp. when dhoni failed in the previous few innings??
May be it was Ganguly's call... But, it might have been suggested by Yuvi, Kaif or Sehwag or anybody in the team. I think Yuvi, Sehwag and Kaif must be suggesting Ganguly about some things. But it ultimately comes down to Ganguly, Dravid and Coach to take the decision. I feel that youngsters opinions are important too. I am not taking anything away from Ganguly. May be he should score some runs now though. Is it too much to ask from a Team Captain?
Also if sending Dhoni was Ganguly's call , you might see it in a negative light too(even moreso if Dhoni had failed)... Ganguly ready to sacrifice inexperienced Dhoni to save himself from another personal batting disaster...

indiancricketer said:
Sachin got by luck... if he was a little more taller had a bigger reach i bet you he would had caused much of a damage to pakistan
:) Had tendulkar been taller, bigger then he would have not been Tendulkar in the first place :)

bharat said:
As Aditya said ,Dhoni is a Gilchrist in the making.
Typical Indian Mentality... One match and people start comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist!! Let him get a couple of ducks and the same people will brick-bat him. :)

Last edited:

We have to wait and see before coming to this conclusion.If he maintains his form,it's good for India.

See what I had said before.

rahulk666 said:
Also if sending Dhoni was Ganguly's call , you might see in a negative light too(even moreso if Dhoni had failed)... Ganguly ready to sacrifice inexperienced Dhoni to save himself from another personal batting disaster...

If Ifs and Buts were pots and pans then there would be no tinkers.
I think it was a very bold decision and a right one. I agree Dada's hasnt been in the runs in recent games, but you have to compliment him on his bold decisions.

bharat said:

Okay....no doubt he played really well today....but come on, its just one match....and it was on a flat dead pitch.

One thing that beats me is the exclusion of Pathan. Okay, I agree Nehra picked four wickets, but surely if I had to choose between Pathan and Nehra, I would go for the former.

As far as Pakistan is concerned, I think they are short of one batsman. Mohammad Hafeez is good, especially since he can bowl as well, but I think they need Younis Khan in the team and in full fitness.
Their bowling, as usual is very very unpredictable. Sami produces one good ball and two decent balls, and three bad balls in an over which gets punished by people like Sehwag. Despite Bob Woolmer's attempts, Pakistan's bowling continues to disappoint.

Coming to the pitch, though it being a nice high scoring affair, I felt it was too flat a wicket. I mean no turn, no pace, no bounce......nothing.

At the end, I think India was clearly the better team today. Pakistan fought well, but 356 is too high a total to chase.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the remaining four games now. India are on top, but I dont want to start talking too much just as yet............maybe I will after they make the series safe.

Wonderful match. It was anyones game, even after India made the 356. But I think Pakistan lost this match more than India won it.

Good work by Razzaq and Youhana for putting a fight up to try and win this game, but they needed more than 2 players to make Pakistan win this match

3rd ODI - India vs Pakistan

April 9th at Jamshedpur

Odds:

India - 4/6
Pakistan - 5/4

Bets will be accepted until 03:00 GMT on 9th April and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

Why the hell dont we play Asim Kamal! He has alot of good qualties. unlike some of our other players he could stop the ball and take his time! he could become a pakistani Rahul Dravid, and then Pakistan need Azhar Mahmood to fill in a allrouder spot at the bottom!

Only if malik could bowl then Hafeez would be out and we could bring in a full time batsman.

Last edited:
Pak_cricketer said:
Why the hell dont we play Asim Kamal! He has alot of good qualties. unlike some of our other players he could stop the ball and take his time! he could become a pakistani Rahul Dravid, and then Pakistan need Azhar Mahmood to fill in a allrouder spot at the bottom!

Only if malik could bowl then Hafeez would be out and we could bring in a full time batsman.
You are complaining because we made "only" 298 chasing 350+? There's nothing wrong with the batting at least in this match. The game was lost when the toss was won by India on this shirt-front of a pitch and then some smashing batting by the Indians. Even Australia would find it hard to chase 350+ batting second too. I dont think Azhar Mahmood can do anything to add to this lineup. Sure Shoaib Malik not bowling has made a difference but I think in the end, it all evened out. Who is going to be dropped even to make place for Younis Khan??
And as usual we see the "normal" cock-a-hoop reaction by the Indians after winning two matches. Same team that was beaten four times in a row.. its more of a relief reaction from the fans than anything else. Comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist after one innings?? Give me a bloody break.
In any case, Pakistan regularly stomped on India for close to ten years. Its time India had the ascendency. The normal ups and downs of cricket.

shahid6995 said:
You are complaining because we made "only" 298 chasing 350+? There's nothing wrong with the batting at least in this match. The game was lost when the toss was won by India on this shirt-front of a pitch and then some smashing batting by the Indians. Even Australia would find it hard to chase 350+ batting second too. I dont think Azhar Mahmood can do anything to add to this lineup. Sure Shoaib Malik not bowling has made a difference but I think in the end, it all evened out. Who is going to be dropped even to make place for Younis Khan??
And as usual we see the "normal" cock-a-hoop reaction by the Indians after winning two matches. Same team that was beaten four times in a row.. its more of a relief reaction from the fans than anything else. Comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist after one innings?? Give me a bloody break.
In any case, Pakistan regularly stomped on India for close to ten years. Its time India had the ascendency. The normal ups and downs of cricket.

But India certainly needs credit given to them for their performances so far in the two ODI's. We have really performed well no matter what the playing conditions are. Ur post makes it sound like it was Pakistan who lost and India did not do anything to win with luck and time period playing their part!!

shahid6995 said:
And as usual we see the "normal" cock-a-hoop reaction by the Indians after winning two matches. Same team that was beaten four times in a row.. its more of a relief reaction from the fans than anything else.
what can be said about your reaction? ;) sour grapes..

shahid6995 said:
Comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist after one innings?? Give me a bloody break.
One can not deny he is an exciting prospect. How many batsmen have played such inning by their 5th odi? Obviously Gilli is miles ahead but you never know. Indian fans surely remember how people used to laugh when Sehwag was compared to Sachin in his early days..

I didnt write it at that time but I was 200% sure SOMEone would say something about sour grapes. Thanks for being so predictable Shailesh lol.
And I didnt imply that India did not play well, I mentioned the "smashing batting" by the Indians didnt I? I just feel your exuberance to be a bit over the top. But you are entitled to it.

Shailesh said:
what can be said about your reaction? ;) sour grapes..

One can not deny he is an exciting prospect. How many batsmen have played such inning by their 5th odi? Obviously Gilli is miles ahead but you never know. Indian fans surely remember how people used to laugh when Sehwag was compared to Sachin in his early days..
And for all we could know he just got lucky this match...maybe he might play like ganguly is right now

cheaterr said:
And for all we could know he just got lucky this match...maybe he might play like ganguly is right now

It wasnt a lucky innings.. he has displayed his talent.. he is a very talented youngster.

now what we need from him to always keep his head down and play the way he always does. he has lot of fire (passion) which he should not lose in the subsquent matches. and more importantly, from now on, he needs more of luck.

How many of you are betting on a Pakistan win in the 3rd ODI? I am!! I feel they will win this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread