Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The Pakistanis are batting first against Somerset. The openers are playing way too many dot balls and taking way too less singles.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I reckon our best XI for the test matches will be:

1) Shan Masood
2) Mohammad Hafeez
3) Azhar Ali
4) Younus Khan
5) *Misbah-ul-Haq
6) Asad Shafiq
7) +Sarfraz Ahmed
8) Wahab Riaz
9) Yasir Shah
10) Mohammad Amir
11) Imran Khan / Sohail Khan

Man, I was looking at the Pak squad and it looks very weak. Is Hafeez in any type of form? How proven is Masood? Ali is still too inconsistent. I guess that whole batting line up depends on Haq and Khan.

The bowling looks decent but nothing special.

And why no fast/medium bowling all rounder? That is a massive omission, especially considering they are going with only 4 bowlers (likely).

Also, what ever happened to Anwar Ali? If there was a bowler suited to the English conditions, it's him.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Man, I was looking at the Pak squad and it looks very weak. Is Hafeez in any type of form? How proven is Masood? Ali is still too inconsistent. I guess that whole batting line up depends on Haq and Khan.

The bowling looks decent but nothing special.

And why no fast/medium bowling all rounder? That is a massive omission, especially considering they are going with only 4 bowlers (likely).
As far as openers are concerned to me Pakistan have faced problems in finding a consistent opener after Saeed Anwer's retirement.

After Ahmed Shehzad not being selected in tests and Pakistan doesn't have an experience opener. I think its good to select Hafeez, although Hafeez's record isn't good at all in England as far as I know. But we don't have any other choice.

Pakistan's bowling line-up is not one of the best we use to have, but I think it can cause problems to english batsmen.

About fast/medium bowling all-rounder we haven't found a quality fast bowling all rounder after Abdul Razzaq!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So far a nice start by Pakistan on this all important tour. We'll see some tough competition for 3rd and 4th bowler since Rahat, Sohail, Wahab and Imran are all good bowlers. Although I feel Pakistan should go with Rahat and Imran along with the obvious Amir and Yasir Shah for the first test. We should use Wahab for flat pitches or where we are sure to get reverse swing. Sohail Khan is a decent bowler and he swung today but as soon as the ball gets old and without reverse swing, he can be an easy target for English batsmen.
As far as batting is concerned, bulk of the runs will be scored by Azhar,Younis and Asad Shafiq as seen by this tour match. Shan is a good opener and I like his temperament but his partner is a walking wicket which will affect him. Pakistan should try Sami Aslam as an opener in next tour match.

My lineup for the first test is,
Shan Masood
Sami Aslam
Azhar Ali
Younus Khan
Misbah-ul-Haq
Asad Shafiq
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohammad Amir
Yasir Shah
Imran Khan
Rahat Ali

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
As far as openers are concerned to me Pakistan have faced problems in finding a consistent opener after Saeed Anwer's retirement.

After Ahmed Shehzad not being selected in tests and Pakistan doesn't have an experience opener. I think its good to select Hafeez, although Hafeez's record isn't good at all in England as far as I know. But we don't have any other choice.

Pakistan's bowling line-up is not one of the best we use to have, but I think it can cause problems to english batsmen.

About fast/medium bowling all-rounder we haven't found a quality fast bowling all rounder after Abdul Razzaq!

But surely any first class all rounder with a decent record and level of experience would have done? You can't go into a test with only 4 full time bowlers and no back ups. England will bat long and however good Amir is and whatever form Riaz is in will not be enough every day. Especially when they will be asked to carry such a heavy workload.[DOUBLEPOST=1467718658][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hasn't played a FC match since December 2014.

Wow, what a waste of yet another talent. Why hasn't he been picked in FC cricket?

Edit: They've had a good match so far at Taunton.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But surely any first class all rounder with a decent record and level of experience would have done?
There aren't many. That's the problem. I can count them on my hands : Mohammad Nawaz, Zohaib Khan, Akbar-ur-Rehman, Imad Wasim, Hasan Mohsin (even though he's really inexperienced), Bilal Asif (bowling all-rounder, perfect for no.8).[DOUBLEPOST=1467728080][/DOUBLEPOST]Sohail Khan is showing his true colors.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
What happened to Hammad Azam?

Sounds like a properly good game at Taunton. Hildrteth getting runs is no surprise, although I hear Amir is looking very good. Didn't stop Trescothick taking a ton off him today though.

I think the Pakistan team have left being very popular. Were great with local youngsters putting on a clinic before the match and have spent lots of time with the Somerset young players helping them out too. What tour matches should be. :thumbs

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
England will struggle with the combination of left-arm pace (in the middle order) and Yasir's legspin (in England's outstanding tail-end). Younus, Misbah, and Shafiq are remarkably obstinate when necessary, even in the least favorable conditions. Series draws 1-1.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
England will struggle with the combination of left-arm pace (in the middle order) and Yasir's legspin (in England's outstanding tail-end). Younus, Misbah, and Shafiq are remarkably obstinate when necessary, even in the least favorable conditions. Series draws 1-1.
I think Sarfraz will play a crucial role as well. His innings could be the difference between a par score and a good one, and between a subpar one and par one.
I think 1-1 is a very optimistic prediction. I'd take it one day at a time.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I'm not covinced with picking Buttler not being in the side as England were right for going in a more aggressive direction with him. I guess time will tell but the batting line up looks more one paced. I know Vince is around but he didn't really show much against Sri Lanka.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nothing is irritating me more than the stupid amount of courage on Mohammad Aamir. We get it, he has serviced his ban and is coming back. There is no need for an article a day for dozens of websites saying the same thing.

Regarding the tests, Pakistan seem a little shaky throughout. Hafeez is a pathectic excuse for a batsmen (don't even know why he is on the tour), Masood seems meh, Younis still requires some practice (got lucky a lot of times in both practice matches) and lack of batting from Sarfraz worries me a little. Aamir seems like our king pin bowler and Wahab will be a threat (if he is in rhythm); the worry is the 3rd seamer which I worry will probably be Sohail Khan. I hope Pakistan play better than they did in the practice games and we might have a great test series on.

Users who are viewing this thread