India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No we don't need India Pakistan series.

Second congratulations Pakistan, your captains determination made everyone play like a team. This isn't common for a Pakistani team. I am really happy seeing the result 2-2. That's why teams should play odd number of matches to get a series result.

Also some great performances this series got and Misbah thank you for showing others in the team what hard work and determination can get you. You should be the true idol for those millions of people in Pakistan, but

We meant we need one in GENERAL. It's not cause of world ranking and that, but we haven't had a series like this in like 9 yrs. Many people want to see this series

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No we don't need India Pakistan series
I agree. Till the pellets don't stop hitting innocents, we don't need a cricket series.
What I meant is, a series between India and Pakistan would do a lot do determine whether either team deserves to be No.1 in the rankings.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think that Hafeez is gonna get picked for our next test series too , with Iftikhar failing to impress although he bowls decent offspin.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think that Hafeez is gonna get picked for our next test series too , with Iftikhar failing to impress although he bowls decent offspin.
I hope they don't pick him. He averages 16 outside Asia! (excluding Zimbabwe)
Who do you think should be the backup opener? ( assuming Azhar and Sami will open against the Windies)

Last edited:

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope they don't pick him. He averages 16 outside Asia! (excluding Zimbabwe)
Who do you think should be the backup opener? ( assuming Azhar amd Sami will open against the Windies)
Butt, maybe? We don't really have a strong opener in our domestic circuit.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Butt, maybe? We don't really have a strong opener in our domestic circuit.
He hasn't played any FC cricket.
Maybe recall Taufeeq Umar? Or perhaps Saud Shakeel? Jaahid Ali?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Misbah says that he is proud of his team. Can't be more right. A Man of crisis made a strong team with immense hardwork and consistency and results are here. Having no home matches and still managed to rise in test rankings as Number 2 Team. Misbah and his team particularly Younis Khan performance is not just one of the best in Pakistan it is one of the best performances in the World.

You see a lot of substance from World Greats but Media and Money plays important role in making some people greats by over-rating them.

As far as India vs Pakistan is concerned. India has missed many opportunities. There is no use now. Our schedule seems packed. We should be more excited about Newzeland and Australia Series.

It will be a treat to watch[DOUBLEPOST=1471246925][/DOUBLEPOST]
He would've averaged around 25 had the 7 catches been taken. So this shows that he's been our best pacer along with Sohail.

I see but I don't think so He was at his best. His captain said he was unlucky and overall he performed OK. I hope by the time He will able to catch that old magic soon in test matches

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Problem with Amir and other Pakistani bowlers is that they didn't bowl as full as they should have. I have compared Amir's last series in England, New Zealand and Australia, he was much fuller which allowed him to use that late swing. This time around he was trying to just bowl more on the 4th and 5th stump channel and pitching the ball in good length area which is a bad idea for a swing bowler. He needs to be aggressive by pitching the ball up with occasional yorker.
I feel there is none in the supporting staff who can work with fast bowlers so its high time that Pakistan should hire Wasim as fast bowling coach since we have around 4 different left arm bowlers who can make big with just little guidance.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
The upcoming tours are going to show whether or not Pakistan can be No.1 (If they are consistent against top teams) and India, when England come.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
The upcoming tours are going to show whether or not Pakistan can be No.1 (If they are consistent against top teams) and India, when England come.

Pakistan have shown consistency for 6 years. They had the longest unbeaten streak in tests from 2010-2012 and again now. They almost completed the double against England and have consistently had some of the highest rated bowlers and batsmen...well ok, Younis Khan. On top of all that, they probably have the most well respected captain in world cricket right now.

I don't believe any team is an out right number one like the Aussies were for a while but Pakistan have a better case than India and Australia.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan have shown consistency for 6 years. They had the longest unbeaten streak in tests from 2010-2012 and again now. They almost completed the double against England and have consistently had some of the highest rated bowlers and batsmen...well ok, Younis Khan. On top of all that, they probably have the most well respected captain in world cricket right now.

I don't believe any team is an out right number one like the Aussies were for a while but Pakistan have a better case than India and Australia.

They are a very good team, no doubt that. In 2010 to 2012, they also played a lot at home which is why they are rated then as "consistent". You could say Aus is consistent as a whole when they at home. All the bowlers need to prove themselves (Amir, Rahat and Wahab) taht they can take on the best in the world. Aus is going to be a tougher tour.

Users who are viewing this thread