Pakistan Tour of the West Indies - July/August 2021

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Roach striking in the very first over, getting some excellent movement in off the seam. But he's an experienced enough bowler to get the ball to just hold its line too. That will bring the edge into play.

I'm not sure I would have dropped Warrican for Joseph. Yes, I like Joseph and yes, Warrican should have been dropped...but...I don't know.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Oh, also great to see Jeff Dujon back on commentary. We both share an intense love of crossword puzzles, plus he was one of the first to define a wicketkeeper-batsman. But like I've said before, Duj once said (paraphrased) "When you've got Greenidge, Haynes, Viv, Lloyd, Richie coming before me...there wasn't really much I could add to the batting."

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Speaking of wicketkeepers...I did say Roach will get one to hold the line and take the edge. Great diving catch from young da Silva, who keeps improving his keeping skills everytime I see him.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
What a ball from Seales. @Aislabie, you're on holiday now...but man you picked one hell of a player when you said he'd be great.

EDIT: And you know that Roach is immediately going to go around the wicket to the left hander. That's just modus operandi for him, and he's the best bowler in the world against left-handers.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Azhar started his career as an opener. He needs to open with Sharjeel. I still couldn't understand why they dropped Asad Shafiq? Few players need to work on their technique and mental health.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
It's so funny that you guys are talking about Pakistan and their opening issue. We in the Windies have our own issue too. Brathwaite, yes. But who the hell opens with him?

The only person I can say right now is Shai Hope.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I still couldn't understand why they dropped Asad Shafiq?
He played for too long, actually. His performances dipped massively. Most of his runs in his last few matches came when the match was already over.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Not yet, imo.
Disagree, just because a player performs once in every 5 series, means he still sucks for 4 series. I don't think he would be kept based on that.

Honestly, I haven't been a fan of his for a long time but he seems to perform every few series and people just jump on his bandwagon

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
considering we were 2/3, I feel like Babar and Fawad have gotten us a decent score by Lunch.

They just need to hold off, because we've lost quick wickets right after a break. If they can survive that period, I feel like Pakistan will have a good chance to end the day with wickets in hand

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
A quick wicket or two after lunch could change that. I feel as if this pitch is going to get better for batting as time goes on. Maybe by Day 4 can get some good spin. expect to see Chase into the attack very soon despite that though, it's going to turn somewhat on Day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread