4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Oram / Franklin
7. Vettori
8. N. McCullum
9. Mills
10. Butler / Southee
11. Bond

Only player not in that team is N. Broom. He needs to go back to domestic cricket and find some form, after a horrid start to his international career.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My team:

1.Martin Guptill
2.Bradley Watling
3.Neil Broom
4.Ross Taylor
5.Scott Styris
6.Brendon McCullum
7.Daniel Vettori
8.James Franklin
9.Nathan McCullum/Ian Butler
10.Kyle Mills
11.Shane Bond

Not liking the Southee selection though, he should be given a full year in domestic cricket.

ekfaysal

School Cricketer
The big question for Pakistan .
will Younis lead the team or Afridi will be the captain.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Great to see Nathan McCullum back in the squad. I'm still divided on Tim Southee though. I'm a big fan of him, no doubt about that. But if he bowls rubbish he tends to get smashed around. I'm quite sure he got smacked for 100+ runs against India earlier in the year. Overall, nice looking squad.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
More than likely Afridi will lead the team because Younus has to recover from the finger injury anyway, regardless of whether his resignation isn't accepted (or whatever outcome comes out of this).

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
McCullum
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Broom
Franklin
Vettori
N. McCullum
Mills
Bond

why is he in the team, seriously? i would rather take another seamer or even a batsman. but Ryder is injured so i would take Tuffy or Butler

Ari

International Cricketer
I like playing with two spinners unless one of them is Patel. Butler is an option but he has been unwell also. If Styris plays thats another seam option so I would like a more varied attack.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Watlins in the side at last! Hope he doesn't cock it up, he's supposed to be who we turn to when McCullum retires so he's got to prove himself. It'll be a grudge series with Pakistan wanting revenge.

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
Weird squad. Can't decide if I like it yet really. But I DO like that Watling gets a chance. I hope he makes them most of it and then gets a test call up.

I do like that N MCCullum is our second spinner over Patel who I never want to see play for NZ again, and Styris is back. Southee is strange, but I guess with so many injuries.

My XI:
Aaron Redmond
BJ Watling
Martin Guptill
Ross Taylor,
Scott Styris,
Brendon McCullum (wk),
Daniel Vettori (capt),
James Franklin,
Nathan McCullum,
Kyle Mills,
Shane Bond,

Jacob Oram (12th man)

Broom sucks. I also bet we open with McCullum still. I left out Butler incase he's injured. If he's 100% he can play instead of N McCullum. I like that Butler gets wickets, just needs to stop being so expensive and he'll be a really good bowler. Would be good if he could fix his death bowling. We need someone for that role.

And yes Oram's in my XI. He's below Vettori and Franklin though where he won't get much of a bat. Oram could play over N McCullum I guess

I hope Southee gets a game and that he's improved. He's one of my favorites. I really want the guy to succeed.

Last edited:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Good to see Umar Akmal in the test squad, good future for Pakistan cricket, with him and Aamer.

Yep, it is good to see him in there. I've liked the look of Umar Akmal. Very exciting player.

Users who are viewing this thread