Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

Yep, it is good to see him in there. I've liked the look of Umar Akmal. Very exciting player.

Pakistan may be picking him a tad too early though, well imo anyway. Massive talent but he really shouldn't be playing test cricket this early in his career.

Pakistan may be picking him a tad too early though, well imo anyway. Massive talent but he really shouldn't be playing test cricket this early in his career.

He's sort of like Guptill. I still think he was brought into test cricket too soon. But, who knows, this move by Pakistan could pay off. We'll have to wait and see.

I just think Pakistan could of given him more time to develop his game, it's not like Pakistan have dire problems in the middle order like New Zealand's troubles at the top.

Still it might pay of, he made his FC debut over two years ago and he's already racked up five 100's.

He'll make his debut ton against us, no doubt about it, every other international players seems too. Unless of course that bastered tofel is umpiring.

It's been ages since I've seen Pakistan play a test match.

Why the hell is Imran Farhat back? I can't recall the last time where we kept the same openers consecutive series...

I just think Pakistan could of given him more time to develop his game, it's not like Pakistan have dire problems in the middle order like New Zealand's troubles at the top.

Their batting fell apart against SL in their last Test series so I can see why they want to try Akmal.

Southee's second-coming - Cricket - Sportal NewZealand

Good news, he performed pretty well for New Zealand A in India so his hard work must be paying of.

He also had a technical issue in falling away in his delivery stride which hindered the outswinger which played a huge part in his early successes.

But with that in the past, thanks in part to work on his own indoors with old footage to help him, he is ready to make his second-coming count

That's probably the best news, he had such good movement when he first came into the team.

Good to see Southee back.
Hopefully he can get some game time, preform, and keep his place in the side.

WIthout misbah?

My team would be

Kamran
Nazir
Younis
Yousuf
Umar Akmal
Malik
Afridi
Rana
Gul
Aamer
Ajmal

paki007 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Pakistan will clean sweep the t20s

I am hoping to be a great contest between these two teams.
NZ might have some problems with no full time coach and also removal of Brendon from VC.
On the other hand Pakistan has also some controversies but as the condition are really suitable for them so I will give a edge to Pakistan.

Pakistan certainly has the edge but you never know what will happen because the Pakistan team they can do anything

One day they beat Australia next day they can lost to ireland

I am hoping to be a great contest between these two teams.
NZ might have some problems with no full time coach and also removal of Brendon from VC.On the other hand Pakistan has also some controversies but as the condition are really suitable for them so I will give a edge to Pakistan.

That should help tbh, well hopefully anyway. The less pressure McCullum has the better.

That should help tbh, well hopefully anyway. The less pressure McCullum has the better.

Its not just about the pressure mate it also depends on the quality of your team and if we see the line ups of the two teams neutrally then Pakistan is certainly on the high

Its not just about the pressure mate it also depends on the quality of your team and if we see the line ups of the two teams neutrally then Pakistan is certainly on the high

Just incase you miss understood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread