Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

TBH, none of those players are household names in NZ.
They have all had patches off brilliance, but that is by no means a supreme bowling attack...
In the OD game we have 3 bowlers inside the top five, while PAK have none inside the top ten in either format.
I feel PAK have the edge in the batting department, but both order have been known to be very inconsistent.

Pakistan has some great match winners i accept that they are not consistant enough but when they perform the whole world watches

I reckon will win the Test series in New Zealand quite easily. But we'll struggle with all these outs in the ODIs.

I reckon will win the Test series in New Zealand quite easily. But we'll struggle with all these outs in the ODIs.

Look at that mate

an article at cricinfo

New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has said that Shane Bond will not be rushed back into Test cricket when Pakistan arrive next month. Vettori said Bond will be given the freedom to decide on his return after acclimatising and adjusting to the rigors of the longer version of the game after a lengthy lay-off.

107964.2.jpg

paki007 added 17 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Afiridi Backs younis captaincy

Pakistan's ODI vice-captain Shahid Afridi has quashed rumours about an ongoing rift with captain Younis Khan, and believes Younis is the ideal man to lead the team.

"I am fed up of the thousand and one stories doing the rounds about me and Younis not getting along or me playing in the hands of a certain lobby, my lust for captaincy and the like," he told Dawn, the Pakistan daily. "I take this opportunity to clarify once and for all that Younis and I go a long way as friends, almost 15 years, and are mature enough to discuss and sort out any problem under the sun in an amicable way.

Look at that mate

an article at cricinfo

New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has said that Shane Bond will not be rushed back into Test cricket when Pakistan arrive next month. Vettori said Bond will be given the freedom to decide on his return after acclimatising and adjusting to the rigors of the longer version of the game after a lengthy lay-off.

107964.2.jpg

We will win, with our without Bond.

Ryder bats for struggling McCullum | Cricket News | Pakistan v New Zealand 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Ryder and McCullum have opened together 19 times and have added a century on five occasions and the left-handed batsman was keen to continue his alliance. "It's good for both of us because our personalities combine well when we bat with each other out and he really is a calming influence on me," said Ryder, who has been ruled out of the upcoming limited-overs series against Pakistan in the UAE

It's an insanely good record for the two, it's just a shame Ryder's missed so much cricket since breaking into the team.

Its going to take Ryder's magic to get McCullum out of his slump. Hes looking a shadow of his former self.

McCullum is rubbish now!!.
Never seen a good inning from him lately

Yeah Mccullums quality of batting has gone down and its a long while when we had seen some good batting from him

paki007 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Almost Full strenght Pakistani Team is a real threat for vettori nowdays

Yeah McCullum needs to go down the order for the 50 over games, I don't really have a problem if he's up their for the T20 stuff though.

Stephen Fleming, the former captain, is not interested in replacing Andy Moles as New Zealand's coach due to the time the appointment would take up. Fleming retired last year and has been a popular choice among players and pundits to step in for Moles, who resigned last week after the side's key men highlighted his tactical deficiencies to New Zealand Cricket.

"It is not my interest to coach internationally," Fleming said. "I am very happy with the business side of things I am looking to set up, and with my family life. I do not have the time [for coaching] and I do not have the desire."

paki007 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

We will win, with our without Bond.

In your dreams

Cheers mate.

But make sure you provide a link from where you got this from next time.

Vettori keen to push McCullum down the order

New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has said Brendon McCullum will continue as an opener for the ODI series against Pakistan because Jesse Ryder's absence due to injury meant the opening line-up was already a little shaky. However Vettori said he was keen to push McCullum down the order in future in order to exploit the batting Powerplay.

"The way the game is going [with batting Powerplays], it has become more important to have a guy down the order who can finish your innings off," Vettori was quoted as saying in the Herald on Sunday. "We've fallen over a few times recently in the late stages so that's maybe an option for later in the summer but, at the moment, Brendon's got the opportunity to open against Pakistan."

Got From cricinfo

paki007 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

108599.2.jpg

At the moment ITs a wounded and out of form nzl team.They cant compite with Pakitan in odi and T20s

At the moment ITs a wounded and out of form nzl team

Yes we are wounded, in terms of injures.
But where the hell did you get out of form from???
We are coming off a second place at the 2nd biggest ICC tournament...

The only players I can think of that are completely out of form are McCullum and Oram.
Mills, Vettori, Guptill and Taylor are all well in form...

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

paki007 you seem to be a real cheerleader for the Pakistan cricket team... :happy is you.
I don't see why "They cant compite with Pakitan in odi and T20s". New Zealand is a much better one day side than Pakistan, so should have every reason to be favorites going into this, with three of the top ODI bowlers in the world, as well as the in form Taylor and Guptill.

Users who are viewing this thread