Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

Bond
Mills
Vettori

All three would walk into any of those four teams.

but that doesnt make them the 2nd best. without those 3 players, those teams are already the best bowling line up

I am really looking forward to this series! Pakistan will have to take revenge from NZ from the CT semi final! First match is on Nov 3rd.

Pakistan should win this easily if they keep internal politics away from their team.

Mills nor Vettori could "walk" into the Pakistan side.

Vettori > Ajmal and Afridi? No thanks.

Mills > Gul, Aamer, even Rao Iftikhar?

Hmm.

We just do not need them.We already have a great side and we will show it in the series against Nzl

paki007 added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I am really looking forward to this series! Pakistan will have to take revenge from NZ from the CT semi final! First match is on Nov 3rd.

Mate i dont think pakistan played very badly in that match i accept that younus dropped a simple catch but you cant win on only one catch and what about the umpires? They just took pity on the nzl Lot of decisions were gone in the favour of nzl and many of them were simple decisions but i think there were 13 nzl players were playing 11 the nzl players and with the addition of two umpires

I was watching the match and was thinking that who says Taufel is the best umpire in the world .They were giving decision like a child

So many Pakistan cheerleaders, with their one eyed Pakistan view. :facepalm :eek: :doh

Mills equals one of the most underrated bowlers in the world.
In over 100 ODI's he has and average of 26.20 and an Rpo of 4.66.
Vettori equals the best left arm spinner and probably in the top three spinners in the world. Also most underrated batsmen in the world with a test average over the past five years of over 40.
Bond equals strike bowler. He is quite far form what he was a few years back but is still up their with the best in the world. His stats are just outstanding.

All three of these bowlers are probably the best on show in this series, and the ICC player rankings back it up.

I'm going NZ a two-one win in the ODI's, and a one all draw in the T20's.

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Mate i dont think pakistan played very badly in that match i accept that younus dropped a simple catch but you cant win on only one catch and what about the umpires? They just took pity on the nzl Lot of decisions were gone in the favour of nzl and many of them were simple decisions but i think there were 13 nzl players were playing 11 the nzl players and with the addition of two umpires

I was watching the match and was thinking that who says Taufel is the best umpire in the world .They were giving decision like a child

I got a box of tissues next to me, do you want one.

New Zealand were the better team and deservedly got into the final, with out about five of our top side.

But I Will Go with Pakistan 2 NZL 1

And can anybody Prove me wrong that umpires did not make Bad decisions in that match?

paki007 added 6 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

So many Pakistan cheerleaders, with their one eyed Pakistan view. :facepalm :eek: :doh

Mills equals one of the most underrated bowlers in the world.
In over 100 ODI's he has and average of 26.20 and an Rpo of 4.66.
Vettori equals the best left arm spinner and probably in the top three spinners in the world. Also most underrated batsmen in the world with a test average over the past five years of over 40.
Bond equals strike bowler. He is quite far form what he was a few years back but is still up their with the best in the world. His stats are just outstanding.

All three of these bowlers are probably the best on show in this series, and the ICC player rankings back it up.

I'm going NZ a two-one win in the ODI's, and a one all draw in the T20's.

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I got a box of tissues next to me, do you want one.

New Zealand were the better team and deservedly got into the final, with out about five of our top side.

If we want all deserving teams to go into the finals then South Africa and Australia Should play the final Its About only the team who prefomed on that day And Pakistani Bolwers were bowling very well but THe two umpires came in the way.
ON every moment when Pakistan got an opportunity Umpires did not showed well character and Make Their Bad decisions

and if you want tissue take a storage of them with you because you gonna need them soon

If we want all deserving teams to go into the finals then South Africa and Australia Should play the final.

and if you want tissue take a storage of them with you because you gonna need them soon

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard. SA didn't deserve to be in the final, that's why the were knocked out in the first round, they played terrible.

And yes I know I will need some tissues soon. All you Pakistan cheerleaders are going to be crying so hard that you will need someone to wipe your tears up.

TBH I haven't heard you say any thing sensible this whole thread.

And you are Just Supporting NZL not rating paki batmen and even Bowler so you are the biggest cheerleader of Nzl

paki007 added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard. SA didn't deserve to be in the final, that's why the were knocked out in the first round, they played terrible.

And yes I know I will need some tissues soon. All you Pakistan cheerleaders are going to be crying so hard that you will need someone to wipe your tears up.

TBH I haven't heard you say any thing sensible this whole thread.

I was just saying that before the tournament started every one was rating sa very high and they were the favourites to win so they should be in the final
You cant choose the deserving team between Pak and Nzl Because They Both played well in that tournament before the semis and I am not saying that Nzl did not played well I am just saying that if umpires did the justice then the result of the match will be change

Guys lets start admitting things. ITs not as hard as it looks (I mean it to whomsoever concerned)
I havent seen two much of Mills of late, only the Indian series in NZ and the Champions Trophy, and honestly he hasnt impressed that much to me atleast. Though he has been in the Top 10 bowler rankings for quite while and it aint easy to do that. Bond is easily the best FAST bowler between the teams however conditions in UAE are to test his ability and if he can take wickets then he will be a huge threat. There was an arguement that Mills, Bond and Vettori can walk into any team. I am not to sure about Mills, the rest are quality bowlers. What paki007 and zMario meant was that Bond and Vettori are great but we are more than just happy with our bowlers(Aamir, Ajmal and Afridi)

The champions trophy should be out of the question. NZ beat us comfortably in PP3 and there were some controversial decisions and I did felt we were robbed at times, but this is part and parcel of the game. Me and My pals were joking around that Taufel was pissed at losing the Umpire of the Year Award. :laugh We lost the game due to our own poor batting, and the bowlers were always going to struggle to defend 230. Though if Younis had held the Catch we might have been in the final

The series is tough, and I dont think I can make predictions, Whoever plays best (or worst) will decide the game

Mills is a good bowler but you can't compare them with quality of Pakistani bowler even at the moment You can't compare the with any of the world's team even not with Australia.
They have strongest seaming as well as spinning line up.
Vettori is a very good left arm spinner but what about variety?
Ajmal and afridi has lot which will urge team selector to choose them.

send2yaari added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

And about prediction?
well you can't predict anything when we are playing,anything can happen.

Mills is a good bowler but you can't compare them with quality of Pakistani bowler even at the moment You can't compare the with any of the world's team even not with Australia.
They have strongest seaming as well as spinning line up.
Vettori is a very good left arm spinner but what about variety?
Ajmal and afridi has lot which will urge team selector to choose them.

send2yaari added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

And about prediction?
well you can't predict anything when we are playing,anything can happen.

I completely agree with both of you and i was also trying to say that but cg123 got the wrong meaning

paki007 added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Pakistan captain Younis Khan has said though it had been a difficult time facing up to match-fixing allegations, the wave of support back home that followed after he offered to step down, persuaded him to stay in charge of the team.

"It started with the committee that called me," Younis said. "As for me, it was very hard to go there and answer their questions. If I'm being questioned on my performance or my team's performance then that's very easy, as that happens in every country, not just Pakistan. But it was hard to go there and face them [and answer questions on match-fixing] and it was in my mind that if there were any hard questions then I'd quit.

108982.2.jpg

Link

I might go and watch one of the matches of this series, if there's enough free time for planning and all.

New Zealand allrounder Scott Styris is aiming to re-cement his place in the team during the ODI and Twenty20 series against Pakistan in the UAE, since he's been in and out of the national set-up during the last few months.

"I feel like I've been away forever, even though I've had short stints with the team over the last 12 months," Styris told blackcaps.co.nz. "It's good to catch up with everybody again and get back into some work over here.

"I feel like I've been hitting the ball really well. At the Twenty20 World Cup I was relatively happy with the way that went, and since then - without playing a lot of cricket - I feel like I've been going ok. I'd just like to get out there and play some consistent cricket, as it's been a bit stop-start over the last few months."

Styris was not part of New Zealand's ICC Champions Trophy squad but was later called in as cover after injuries depleted the team in South Africa. He was included on this tour because of injuries to Jesse Ryder, Grant Elliott and Daryl Tuffey. New Zealand arrived in the UAE this week and spent their time training and getting acclimatized to the conditions.

"I remember watching the Australia-Pakistan series over here, and they were extremely slow wickets - they turned quite a bit and scoring was difficult," Styris said. "I remember the batsmen's strike-rate being very low, and a score of 200 or 220 being a good score."

"We had our first nets session yesterday and the wickets had a little bit of pace, a little bit of grass on them, and were good for batting. If they play like that there should be some high scores."

104631.2.jpg

Link

Users who are viewing this thread