Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

2009 CT NZL WON DUE TO SILLY UMPIRING
I WOULND SAY THAT UMPIRIES WON :laugh:laugh:laugh

I would say that you're a sore loser and to get over it.

We have a better ODI side than Pakistan and have for a long time, which has been reflected by us being higher ranked than them for ages.

The Umar Akmal decision was undoubtedly terrible, but who is to say he wouldn't get clean bowled the next ball?

Seriously...

Now if we had 8 Umar Akmal decisions in that game, you might have a point, but we didn't help ourselves with our fielding in that game either.

I hope Franklin plays and Oram just doesn't walk back into the side like he did in Sri Lanka but with Vettori being the only selector there I bet thats what happens.

Southee shouldn't be over there but it will be interesting to see how he goes.

The Kyle Mills blow is pretty big.

My New Zealand XI:

1. McCullum (wk)
2. Redmond
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Oram
7. Vettori (c)
8. Franklin
9. N. McCullum
10. Butler/Southee
11. Bond

Would personally like to see McCullum down the order, but without Ryder their he will more than likely stay their.
Broom hasn't really done anything for me in his 21 international's, with a highest score of 37. I think he would be better of getting some from back at domestic level.
Only toss up for me would be between Butler and Southee, who I'm not really sure who to go with.
From our full strength team we would be missing, Ryder, Elliot, Mills (and maybe Tuffey) who are all huge losses.

Yeah losing mills is huge, hes currently the best ODI bowler.
Vettori is on a power hunt. Captain, Selector, Coach, Best player, whats next?:D

I agree with CGs team with Butler becoming a more prominent option, considering he was the pick of the bowlers against PAK in the Champions Trophy.

So as expected Kyle Mills will not play, James Franklin is also out though (stiff back).

Pakistan have chosen to bat.

So many injuries. I'm nervous about the likes of Southee playing. I like the guy, really want to see him do well, but i'm not sure he's had enough time to develop. We'll see how it goes. That with the lack of coach probably being weird for the players and so much responsibility on Vettori makes me worried about this series. If we can win 1 of the games and fight hard i'll be happy. Series win would be a bonus.

Whoo, Southee's playing. Hoping he does well.

Users who are viewing this thread