Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

Yes we are wounded, in terms of injures.
But where the hell did you get out of form from???
We are coming off a second place at the 2nd biggest ICC tournament...

The only players I can think of that are completely out of form are McCullum and Oram.
Mills, Vettori, Guptill and Taylor are all well in form...

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

paki007 you seem to be a real cheerleader for the Pakistan cricket team... :happy is you.
I don't see why "They cant compite with Pakitan in odi and T20s". New Zealand is a much better one day side than Pakistan, so should have every reason to be favorites going into this, with three of the top ODI bowlers in the world, as well as the in form Taylor and Guptill.

But can you match these players with pakistans odi team?
you have only these 4 or 5 player but we have all eleven players who can change the course of the match

We are facing pbomlem in selecting the playing XI because of many good players

Nzl is facing problem to complete XI players

paki007 added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

The thing you are saying again and again that you have three bowlers in top ten but tell me how can team has its players in top 10 who has not played much cricket in last 2 or 3 years?

Rana is making comeback
Gul has just recovered from injury
Aamer is new to arena
Asif is also making come back

But can you match these players with pakistans odi team?
you have only these 4 or 5 player but we have all eleven players who can change the course of the match

We are facing pbomlem in selecting the playing XI because of many good players

Nzl is facing problem to complete XI players

paki007 added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

The thing you are saying again and again that you have three bowlers in top ten but tell me how can team has its players in top 10 who have not played much cricket in last 2 or 3 years?

Rana is making comeback
Gul has just recovered from injury
Aamer is new to arena
Asif is also making come back

Bond hasn't played for almost two years, and yet he's in the top five. I agree with CG123, New Zealand are a better one day team, we probably have the second best bowling attack in the world.

The biggest threat for us is Afridi and Amjal, we play them well and we should do okay.

This is a tight series. The games will be evenly fought and there is little to chose between the 2 teams. Agree with Howsie, Afridi and Ajmal are the key since the Kiwis handled them in the semi final and they got home comfortably.

Its harder to see whether Pakistan are favorites are not. One day they will dazzle you with their skills, the other day they will play like a bunch of school boys

I'm amused by Pakistan's great situation in the bowling department; you're almost guaranteed 30 great overs from Aamer, Ajmal, and Afridi.

It's just the other 20 which leave alot to be desired (Rana, Gul, Razzaq).

Its going to be an intriguing series to say the least. If we can score over 250, I am sure our bowlers can win it for us. Its the batting where all our problems lie. I do not understand why they have picked Imran Farhat who is a tried and tested failure. He is nothing more than left handed Imran Nazir. Enough with Imrans (barring great Khan), we need some fresh faces at the top. Salman butt is a lot better than those two.

Its going to be an intriguing series to say the least. If we can score over 250, I am sure our bowlers can win it for us. Its the batting where all our problems lie. I do not understand why they have picked Imran Farhat who is a tried and tested failure. He is nothing more than left handed Imran Nazir. Enough with Imrans (barring great Khan), we need some fresh faces at the top. Salman butt is a lot better than those two.

Same here. Farhat has never really impressed me, but I think this should be his last chance. We got some talented players wiating and playing him instead would be a mistake. I am not too sure about Nazir either, he hasnt been impressive of late but he can play that one innings that changes the course of the game. The batting needs to improve though if we are to beat the Kiwis. Would like to see Umar Akmal at no.3 and see what he can do there

I'm amused by Pakistan's great situation in the bowling department; you're almost guaranteed 30 great overs from Aamer, Ajmal, and Afridi.

It's just the other 20 which leave alot to be desired (Rana, Gul, Razzaq).

Aamer is 17 years old, way too soon to guarantee 10 great overs from him.

I like the look of Pakistan's new Test team. With Misbah gone, Alam can bat at a more normal position, which he is suited too.

Salman Butt, Khurrum Manzoor, Imran Farhat, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Danish Kaneria, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Arafat, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Abdur Rauf, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmad

1. Salman Butt (He still needs to learn how to play on the legside. Maybe being dropped, might have a Gambhirish effect on him)
2. Imran Farhat (I always liked him. When he used to open with Hameed, I thought Pakistan had solved their problems, but both were dropped. Yasir played well in all the chances he did get. If Butt fails, I hope Yasir gets one more shot.)
3. Younus Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Shoaib Malik (Pakistan's best batsman imo.)
6. Fawad Alam (He plays spin so well. Personally he reminds me of Duminy a lot.)
7. Kamran Akmal
8. Yasir Arafat (He should do well in NZ. His batting is also a plus. It will add more depth)
9. Umar Gul (Even though I feel he needs a rest. Personally, he should be given a rest, much like Ponting was given. Gul hasn't looked the same since the Twenty20 World Cup. I feel that he has been mentally drained.)
10. Mohammad Aamer
11. Saeed Ajmal

Personally I would give Gul a rest, and play Asif, but Asif isn't ready for 5 day Cricket just yet.

I left Umar Akmal out, but Alam hasn't done anything to lose his spot. Pakistan could put Alam at opener again, and take out Butt, thus giving Akmal his spot, but for Test Cricket you need two proper openers.

Aamer is 17 years old, way too soon to guarantee 10 great overs from him.

Mate he has bowled many long spells in domestic first class matches on batting friendly pitches and it is very difficult to bowl in such high temperature and He has been doing it really nice

paki007 added 8 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

The Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam said New Zealand "could find the going tough without a coach". "From where I see it, it is very important for an international cricket team to have a full-time coach," he told the News. "It could be tough for him [Vettori]. I mean, the whole idea of having a coach is to ensure that the captain is spared from any headaches and can focus on leading his players on the field in the best possible manner.

Link

Mate he has bowled many long spells in domestic first class matches on batting friendly pitches and it is very difficult to bowl in such high temperature and He has been doing it really nice

Yeah, and he has had back problems due to it...

He's not physically strong enough to be bowling such long spells. He's too skinny as well. Guy needs to put on some muscle.

Yeah, and he has had back problems due to it...

He's not physically strong enough to be bowling such long spells. He's too skinny as well. Guy needs to put on some muscle.

The problem i see with gul is just fatigue i think he just need a 2 month rest and he will be back on track

New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has said Brendon McCullum will continue as an opener for the ODI series against Pakistan because Jesse Ryder's absence due to injury meant the opening line-up was already a little shaky. However Vettori said he was keen to push McCullum down the order in future in order to exploit the batting Powerplay.

Wow get him as coach full time, finally someone has seen the light.

Bond hasn't played for almost two years, and yet he's in the top five. I agree with CG123, New Zealand are a better one day team, we probably have the second best bowling attack in the world.

The biggest threat for us is Afridi and Amjal, we play them well and we should do okay.

ya ryyte!! what a jokaa!

AUS
RSA
SL
PAK/NZ

Bond
Mills
Vettori

All three would walk into any of those four teams.

I rate Vettori and Bond very high. But let me assure you, I would not give up afridi or Ajmal for vettori. Bond is however a great bowler and is the best between the two teams :hpraise.

Users who are viewing this thread