Story Pakistan's International season [BLIC]

Based on the WC in WI thread, who do you think will excel in these tours?

• Total voters
Pakistan all out on 354

Just 10 overs into the new day, India were able to bowl out the Pakistanis for the modest score of 354 runs. Amir was the only tail-ender who made a solid contribution to the total with his 48 runs. Akhtar, who was also looking solid with his defense, was runout early in the morning thanks to a great throw from Agarkar. After Akhtar's dismissal, Amir and then Sami were taken out by Pathan's relentless bowling.

Good total! At the moment as england V India I am 322-9 so we're in quite similar situations

Openers make a solid start

The Indians opened their batting with captain Rahul Dravid and long time Pakistan tormentor Virender Sehwag. Both batsmen negotiated the new ball with ease and didn't give the bowlers any chances to take their wicket. The Pakistani strike bowlers, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami, had nothing to show for at the end of their spells except a couple of close LBW appeals. With medium-pacer Muhammad Amir and leg-spinner Danich Kaneria bowling, the Indian openers took the score to 72/0 at the end of the session.

Shoaib makes the break through

After lunch, Sehwag and Dravid were able to take their opening partnership past 100 in no time at all, but then slowed down quite a bit due to some great field settings by Inzamam. In the next 5 overs, India were able to score just 4 runs. At this point, Inzamam decided to bring on Akhtar. This time Akhtar was a lot more effective as he bowled Sehwag on his first delivery with a beautiful in-swinger that sent Sehwag's middle stump for a walk. India are now 104/1.

Battle heats up as Dravid gets his 50

The battle between bat and ball has been really good today as the Pakistani bowlers try to get on top of Indian batsmen. Apart from a tight line and length, Shoaib Akhtar has been sending down occasional bouncers to unnerve Dravid and Laxman. On the other end, Sami has been bowling some tight spells as well. Despite of all this, Dravid was able to make his 50 towards the end of the second session. India are now 119/1.

Afridi and Amir strike major blows

The last session of the day has so far belonged to Pakistan as they have been able to pick up 3 very important wickets. Shahid Afridi, who more or less failed with the bat in the first inning, struck two major blows to the Indian batting line-up. He was able to pick up the wickets of captain Rahul Dravid and more importantly Sachin Tendulkar, the latter was bowled out for a duck. On the other end, Muhammad Amir was able to pick up his first wicket when Laxman edged an out-swinger back to the keeper. These three wickets have put India on the backfoot, and the last session has just begun. Ganguly and Yuvraj are now batting with India on 137/4.

well done. you would have been in trouble if Sachin got in. Your doing very well indeed.

Sachin's was a huge wicket!! It can be so hard to take wickets sometimes in this game that when you do get them, you're almost as ecstatic as you would be if you took one in real life. That's how I felt when I got Sehwag out.

Now I just hope Ganguly doesn't decide to hit form. :upray

In my game against India. I brought Freddie pitched it outside off against Sachin seaming it in and when I saw off stump fly back. I jumped up so happy I hurt my head. Just a shame they made 392. Sehwag made 179. DAMN

India lose Ganguly after run fest

After India lost Sachin, ex-captain Saurav Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh aimed to calm things down by putting together a partnership. The lefties struggled at first against Amir and Sami's bowling, but compensated for the slow runrate when they faced Kaneria. The leg spinner got hit for 25 runs in two overs and Sami got hit for another 11, making it 36 runs in three overs for India. Surprisingly, Ganguly was the one doing most of the hitting. In these three destructive overs he hit two sixes and three fours, taking his personal tally into the fourties. Though he struggled against other Pakistani bowlers, he was able to drag his score to 47 off 60 balls before misreading a googly from Afridi which cost him his wicket, ending a 72 run partnership with Yuvraj. Dhoni in to bat now, India 209/5.

gary0808 said:
In my game against India. I brought Freddie pitched it outside off against Sachin seaming it in and when I saw off stump fly back. I jumped up so happy I hurt my head. Just a shame they made 392. Sehwag made 179. DAMN
Wow, I don't think I've ever had a batsman score that much against me.

Users who are viewing this thread