Story Pakistan's International season [BLIC]

Based on the WC in WI thread, who do you think will excel in these tours?

• Total voters
Looks like a spinner's track. Kumble and Harbajan were doing the damage for India and now Afridi. How's Kaneria doing? Neways, Dhoni needs to be taken care of if Pakistan wanna build a lead.

Akhtar sinks India deeper into trouble

Shoaib Akhtar struck another crucial blow to India as he took out Yuvraj Singh with one of his high rising deliveries. Up till now, Yuvraj had done a pretty decent job facing Akhtar, but this one bouncer was too much for him. The Pakistani captain Inzamam-ul-Haq took an unbelievable diving catch at short square leg to set India back 229/6. There are only 5 overs left in the day and Irfan Pathan is up to bat now.

Last edited:
Dhoni ends the day with fireworks

India not only managed to play out the last few overs without losing another wicket, they did so while scoring some quick runs. Dhoni, the Indian keeper, in particular took advantage of the attacking field settings and knocked the ball around ending the day for India on a high note. At the end of the day's play, India are 245/6, with Dhoni and Pathan batting.

Please Play Imran Farhat some ODI , please.

Dravid disappointed with batting

58243.jpg

The Indian captain spoke out after the end of days play. "Although I am very disappointed with the batting display shown here by us today, I would like to stress that we are thinking positive and are looking to pass Pakistan's total by the end of the first session tomorrow morning. In Dhoni and Irfan we have two very able batsmen who are completely capable of scoring 100+ runs between them". Dravid went on to state the obvious by showing further disappointment at throwing away a great start.

The Indian captain was the top scorer of the day for India with 56 runs. The only other major contributor was the ex-captain Saurav Ganguly who chipped in with a valiant 47 off 60 deliveries. India felt especially down and out when their biggest gun, Sachin Tendulkar, failed to fire. But Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh were able to pull India out of trouble with a fast paced 72 run partnership.

Inzamam impressed by bowlers

After India got off to a dream start of 104/0, not many would have expected India to be down 4 wickets after adding another 33 runs. Shoaib Akhtar was the one who provided Pakistan with the break through they so desperately needed, after which Shahid Afridi showed everyone exactly why he is such a crucial part of the team. He was 3/34 for the day after bowling just 16 overs. The aggressive allrounder dismissed three of the most experienced players from the Indian side, namely Dravid, Tendulkar, and Ganguly.

"The bowlers showed a lot of resilience against the Indian batting today and I have to say that I'm impressed" said the Pakistani captain. "After seeing such a good start for India, I didn't expect our bowlers to make such inroads in such little time". He went on to praise Akhtar and Afridi. "They bowled very well and played with the batsman's mind. We plan on using our fast bowlers to bowl out India early in the morning. I expect Amir to bowl more wicket taking deliveries tomorrow rather than these long economical spells".

Would people like to see this thread resurrected? I just wonder how many people will be interested in it. In the past, the lack of feedback has been a discouraging factor, so I'd like to get some now please.

Yes i would like to see it up and running as there are 31 pages and so obviously you have done a lot of work and have had people posting :)

good luck

treva said:
Yes i would like to see it up and running as there are 31 pages and so obviously you have done a lot of work and have had people posting :)

good luck
That's 31 pages in the last year and a half though :p

Ok, I'll revive it for the umpteenth time :D This time I might not be posting regular updates though. With the CT coming up I'll have a lot of scoring to do in the FC comps, add to that my school and work. I'll try to put something up tonight.

For those of you who haven't read this story before and would like to, I'd suggest reading from here, since this is where I started using the real tough patches.

Users who are viewing this thread