Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why my preferred solution would be for BA to increase the window in which the ball indicator appears so that we are able to see (at least the length) earlier on lower difficulties.

They already said they cant do that. Whats next on the preferred list?

----------

It's also a common fact that something like 80% of Guys are colour blind to some extent, with "Red and Green" being the most common issue buy far. I think Those colours were probably bad choices to use as it may very well be a contributing factor to people having issues picking it up early. If short pitched was say Blue may have been a lot easier for people.

Lol what! 80% .. mistype I assume?

It's also a common fact that something like 80% of Guys are colour blind to some extent, with "Red and Green" being the most common issue buy far.

It's more like 8% I think (possibly a typo?).
We did get quite a bit of feedback on AC09 and IC10 that some people struggled with the colours: changing the tones slightly fixed it for a lot of people (from memory making red significantly darker helped) so maybe this it something easily fixed.

I've effectively paid $90 for a bowling/fielding simulator.

- WE NEED THE PATCH ASAP.

You can make the argument that career mode is too hard and needs a lower setting, but thats just one aspect of the game. You paid $90 for a game where one mode is too hard for you.

All the other modes have amateur and even novice difficulty. Im not sure what novice mode is for though when a blind monkey playing with is feet could score a ton every match on amateur but they are there.

That said I have no idea why they decided to limit career to pro and above, it makes no sense at all.

At least opening all difficulties would be something I guess. I dont think its a great solution as the lower setting are way too easy. But if they dont have time to fix it properly that might have to do.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I think the point here is that reducing bowling speeds as you move down difficulty levels in many ways takes away choice from players. This was a feature of IC10 where the lower the difficulty level the slower the bowlers and it seemed a poor solution to the prblem.

In my opinion, the issue people are having is not the pace of teh bowling per se but trying to pick the length (and to an extent the line) of the bowling in time to play a shot without pre-meditating. That's why my preferred solution would be for BA to increase the window in which the ball indicator appears so that we are able to see (at least the length) earlier on lower difficulties.

Well, it's obvious we have a differing opinion on the pace of the delivery for the lower two-three difficulty levels, but that's fair enough, I see your point to an extent.

I'm not actually talking about the bowlers not displaying that they are bowling their usual speeds (144km/h etc), but just the speed of the animation of the ball in the air taking a very fractional increase in time (maybe the equivalent of a couple of extra frames of it in the air per second) to travel from hand to wicket. Still, that may be what you were disagreeing with in the first place.

As for the length indicator showing up just a tiny bit earlier, well that solution could be a good one and I've also thought that myself. It certainly would be one possible way to get the major issue adressed by displaying the length colour a little earlier. Even around the hand in the delivery stride. :thumbs

From threads I've read there sure is a hell of alot of peeps asking for a the donut back :/ If tihs happens I hope its optional and I'd suggest it appearing at the same time the bowler delivers and nothing like the codemasters/trickstar games where it shows the direction of seam movement and spin.

Well, it's obvious we have a differing opinion on the pace of the delivery for the lower two-three difficulty levels, but that's fair enough, I see your point to an extent.

I'm not actually talking about the bowlers not displaying that they are bowling their usual speeds (144km/h etc), but just the speed of the animation of the ball in the air taking a very fractional increase in time (maybe the equivalent of a couple of extra frames of it in the air per second) to travel from hand to wicket. Still, that may be what you were disagreeing with in the first place.

As for the length indicator showing up just a tiny bit earlier, well that solution could be a good one and I've also thought that myself. It certainly would be one possible way to get the major issue adressed by displaying the length colour a little earlier. Even around the hand in the delivery stride. :thumbs

I think that would make a fair bit of difference to batting.

As it stands I think the game does a great job how difficult it is to replicate needing to judge pace, length, angle and movement like a pro. Long story short - I'm not up to facing Mitchell Johnson in real life and I probably fare marginally better in the game.

Taking one less bit of reactive thumb twiddling out of what we need to do (all at the same time no less) would assist. If I could pick front or back foot a few tenths of a second before the release I'd just need to worry about whether I want to use a modifier and where I want to hit. Many of my dismissals have come from making errors trying to translate all of those decisions into three simulations button presses and failing

there is no rotation of players in career mode as same player in all formats of games....
for eg if one is not playing properly he has to be out that is not happening....

From threads I've read there sure is a hell of alot of peeps asking for a the donut back :/ If tihs happens I hope its optional and I'd suggest it appearing at the same time the bowler delivers and nothing like the codemasters/trickstar games where it shows the direction of seam movement and spin.

Ive been on this forum every day since the game came out and I havent seen a hell of a lot of people asking for the "donut" I cant recall anyone really asking for it to be honest certainly not many if any.

You can make the argument that career mode is too hard and needs a lower setting, but thats just one aspect of the game. You paid $90 for a game where one mode is too hard for you.

All the other modes have amateur and even novice difficulty. Im not sure what novice mode is for though when a blind monkey playing with is feet could score a ton every match on amateur but they are there.

That said I have no idea why they decided to limit career to pro and above, it makes no sense at all.

At least opening all difficulties would be something I guess. I dont think its a great solution as the lower setting are way too easy. But if they dont have time to fix it properly that might have to do.

I dont agree fully mate.

Career and Online is fixed at Pro for Career and Pro/Veteran on online. So he is stuck with only playing custom games against the PC on the easier levels.

This can not be fair to the more casual gamers that wants to enjoy the game.

I dont agree fully mate.

Career and Online is fixed at Pro for Career and Pro/Veteran on online. So he is stuck with only playing custom games against the PC on the easier levels.

This can not be fair to the more casual gamers that wants to enjoy the game.

I didnt think about online. I have no interest in it. But thats just me,

The same thing applies to that as to career, theres no reason to not include the lower difficulties as an option imo. But again, the lower difficulties are not fun so simply including those isnt a great fix.

lol you don't get it do you? For me, career mode is THE aspect of the game - I don't care about anything else. I've played countless hours in the week or so I've had this game...and I haven't played anything BUT career mode.

So tell me, if you paid $90 of your hardearned $$ on a game that you expected a lot of...and got less than what you expected....what would you do? Thats why I'm on here - raising my 'voice' to the makers of this game to say 'hey, I love this game but you have to do something about the batting' because I'm entitled to. Just as you're entitled to your opinion..except don't try and smother mine because you don't agree with it.

As someone else here raised, what us the customers are asking for are options....options so that, if you don't have any problems batting in career mode, then good for you...and don't apply the options. But if you do, here's an easier version (as hard as that is for me to admit) to play with.

As far as I can see...I'm not the only one struggling with batting in career mode.

As far as I can see...I'm not the only one struggling with batting in career mode.

I'm managing. My average is 15 but now I'm able to score runs, and as far as I can see...I'm not the only one managing to score runs in career mode. All we did was practise and not moan about how hard the game is.

lol you don't get it do you? For me, career mode is THE aspect of the game - I don't care about anything else. I've played countless hours in the week or so I've had this game...and I haven't played anything BUT career mode.

So tell me, if you paid $90 of your hardearned $$ on a game that you expected a lot of...and got less than what you expected....what would you do? Thats why I'm on here - raising my 'voice' to the makers of this game to say 'hey, I love this game but you have to do something about the batting' because I'm entitled to. Just as you're entitled to your opinion..except don't try and smother mine because you don't agree with it.

As someone else here raised, what us the customers are asking for are options....options so that, if you don't have any problems batting in career mode, then good for you...and don't apply the options. But if you do, here's an easier version (as hard as that is for me to admit) to play with.

wtf ... try to read the whole post before you get your panties in a bunch.

The only part I disagreed with was the stupid bit about buying a bowling / fielding simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread