Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to BA from playing CA I didn't think anyone could possibly want the deliveries slowed down any further, especially with the hud on, and in pro cam the deliveries seem quicker so that's kind of like scaling the speed.

This is a recurring theme in many threads right throughout the Don Bradman boards. People saying well "I couldn't possibly want X, so I hope it doesn't get implemented". Options for people who aren't the same as us are important.

In some threads, some people (by some I've seen a heck of a lot) have expressed an interest in a fielding radar to just be in the options menu, for those who want it for a couple of seconds. Then there's another large group saying "don't implement it, I don't want it", when they'd never have to ever turn it on. Are these people suspicious of themselves that they'd want to turn it on?

With batting difficulty, there are people who aren't able to handle the pace and difficulty of the jump to Pro and want some changes. Either to Amateur (harder and a little slower speed for top pace bowlers) or Pro, (a little easier and a tiny bit off the screen pace of the top bowlers). Then there are people who are handling it easily and they don't want any changes to difficulty on any level (even the ones they don't play on), but these same people aren't playing Veteran or Legend.

Then with the click in R3 leave, there are people accidentally doing it quite a bit and getting out, who'd like it moved or switched, but then there are others saying, no leave it as it is (even if they don't use it).

Also, there's people in the "which view do you use" threads, who don't think people should use broadcast, even for multiplayer. When once again, this has nothing to do with them. The default views are promoted well ahead of broadcast and yet, that's not enough.

There seems to be a real push from some people to tell others how to play the game, or how it should be. I firmly believe that the game would be best served by catering as much as it can to the widest possible audience. Options do this.

I have noticed one more thing which I am not sure is suppose to happen or is it a bug but I am playing the career mode as a fast bowler and I always am one of the opening bowlers. But sometimes, I am not called in to bowl until around 40th over. This is very stupid because I took 7 wickets in first innings and when the other team started their innings, they required about 400 runs to win. I wasn't called in to bowl until they were only 100 runs away with only 1 wicket down.

This One lol, from my career game today

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    507.2 KB · Views: 44
I have noticed one more thing which I am not sure is suppose to happen or is it a bug but I am playing the career mode as a fast bowler and I always am one of the opening bowlers. But sometimes, I am not called in to bowl until around 40th over. This is very stupid because I took 7 wickets in first innings and when the other team started their innings, they required about 400 runs to win. I wasn't called in to bowl until they were only 100 runs away with only 1 wicket down.

It's happened to a lot of people, even me. I personally put it down to a) maybe you're still fatigued' and there are others in the line up who have more capacity to bowl, b) the pitch conditions have changed and caused your particular bowling to not be as highly sought at until that point (when the other bowlers are too fatigued to contribue well), or c) your player was to egocentric due to your wonderful performance in the first innings and the Captain is making an example of you to the rest of the team.. ;)

There seems to be a real push from some people to tell others how to play the game, or how it should be. I firmly believe that the game would be best served by catering as much as it can to the widest possible audience. Options do this.

This.

I game quite a lot and I love cricket. My hopes were/are high for DB14 however I've been let down by the batting particularly (I can hack all the other problems). What pisses me off are the comments of 'so what? you want to score a hundred every tiime you bat?'.....well, yes I do. I've effectively paid $90 for a bowling/fielding simulator. I too want to bat like Ricky Ponting, even if I can't do it IRL and the rules have to be bent slightly for me to achieve this. You know what? I'm not the only one. Thats why I game (and I'm in the age group which loves to game AND can afford it).

Why do you think its so EASY in FIFA and NBA? These are highly profitable franchises because they cater for the masses, not for a handful of players with good reflexes. They WANT you to love the game...to score 40 goals in a season as an 18 year old striker. Why? because you'll love it so much that you'll buy the next version and the next version and so on.

anyway, to round off this little piece - WE NEED THE PATCH ASAP.

That is because unfortunately there is no slog sweep in the game. Also you are right about late cut to third man.

Thanks. I thought L2 would work with all the shots.

Also i noticed aggressive ground shots was not effective, even a well timed ground shots races quicker to boundary.

I know heaps of people want this bowling fatigue issue sorted but I sure as hell hope it doesn't go the other way and every time they have a break they get all their stamina back.

They should get some back but over the course of a full day there should be a limit or they should fatigue quicker at the end of the day if given all stamina back. T20's or ODI's maybe diff story but longer games no way.

----------

How do you go against Richardson, I dont find Coulter Nile or Hazelwood that bad, Richardson takes some work till he slows up.

Its tough isn't it. Forgive my ignorance of individual state players (being a kiwi where we all bowl a leisurely 130 with occasional swing) so I'm not sure if I have faced Richardson. I did face one ball of 148km from bird I think. Managed to get a pad in front of it outside the line so that was a victory. Next to impossible to play without premeditating every shot.

I find it slightly easier in modes outside of career as the higher batting stats make everything a bit more forgiving. In career mode on pro or higher though im finding it near impossible.

In many ways it's an unfair change but do you consider placating both crowds by letting ai bowlers tire at the current rate knowing its so difficult to build an innings - while making fatigue slower and more realistic for the player when bowling to keep that part of the game enjoyable? Unbalanced fix but a fix nonetheless

No probs mate, he plays for SA South aus and gets up to 150 k's, he often Bowles in tandem with Sayers on my game who bowls max about 100k lol. I play a career opener though so always get him full steam lol.

In be a pro mode in fifa at pro difficulty i have got 20-23 goals max (that too hard earned) and never a 40 every season. It is the difficulty,frustration and pleasure of overcoming it in a game which brings back fans to a game. Obviously nobody likes ai cheating you but a challenging ai.

No probs mate, he plays for SA South aus and gets up to 150 k's, he often Bowles in tandem with Sayers on my game who bowls max about 100k lol. I play a career opener though so always get him full steam lol.

I'm number 5 so I don't often have to face that sort of pace unless there is a collapse. I struggle enough facing 130km for any length of time! Eventually I slip and play an offside shot to a straight one.

This is a recurring theme in many threads right throughout the Don Bradman boards. People saying well "I couldn't possibly want X, so I hope it doesn't get implemented". Options for people who aren't the same as us are important.

In some threads, some people (by some I've seen a heck of a lot) have expressed an interest in a fielding radar to just be in the options menu, for those who want it for a couple of seconds. Then there's another large group saying "don't implement it, I don't want it", when they'd never have to ever turn it on. Are these people suspicious of themselves that they'd want to turn it on?

With batting difficulty, there are people who aren't able to handle the pace and difficulty of the jump to Pro and want some changes. Either to Amateur (harder and a little slower speed for top pace bowlers) or Pro, (a little easier and a tiny bit off the screen pace of the top bowlers). Then there are people who are handling it easily and they don't want any changes to difficulty on any level (even the ones they don't play on), but these same people aren't playing Veteran or Legend.

Then with the click in R3 leave, there are people accidentally doing it quite a bit and getting out, who'd like it moved or switched, but then there are others saying, no leave it as it is (even if they don't use it).

Also, there's people in the "which view do you use" threads, who don't think people should use broadcast, even for multiplayer. When once again, this has nothing to do with them. The default views are promoted well ahead of broadcast and yet, that's not enough.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I think the point here is that reducing bowling speeds as you move down difficulty levels in many ways takes away choice from players. This was a feature of IC10 where the lower the difficulty level the slower the bowlers and it seemed a poor solution to the prblem.

In my opinion, the issue people are having is not the pace of teh bowling per se but trying to pick the length (and to an extent the line) of the bowling in time to play a shot without pre-meditating. That's why my preferred solution would be for BA to increase the window in which the ball indicator appears so that we are able to see (at least the length) earlier on lower difficulties.

Last edited:
While I agree with a lot of what you say, I think the point here is that reducing bowling speeds as you move down difficulty levels in many ways takes away choice from players. This was a feature of IC10 where the lower the difficulty level the slower the bowlers and it seemed a poor solution to the prblem.

In my opinion, the issue people are having is not the pace of teh bowling per se but trying to pick the line (and to an extent the length) of the bowling in time to play a shot without pre-meditating. That's why my preferred solution would be for BA to increase the window in which the ball indicator appears so that we are able to see (at least the length) earlier on lower difficulties.

It's also a common fact that something like 80% of Guys are colour blind to some extent, with "Red and Green" being the most common issue buy far. I think Those colours were probably bad choices to use as it may very well be a contributing factor to people having issues picking it up early. If short pitched was say Blue may have been a lot easier for people.

This. I'm an allrounder averaging about 12 in first class cricket as a medium pacer. Sometimes I open the bowling with my blistering 130kmhr. Sometimes I'm third change bowler. Sometimes I bowl at tje fifty over mark.

In list a I often get the ball when the opposition needs something like ten off fifty to win or not at all. In list a I have had a fair few games of not batting and bowling one or two overs max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread