Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this square drive animation needs to be added in to the game...The current shot is good for good to short length but not at all for good to full deliveries...This shot will open player to play shots on the off more as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3uTbIVCJ4

I think that this square drive animation needs to be added in to the game...The current shot is good for good to short length but not at all for good to full deliveries...This shot will open player to play shots on the off more as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3uTbIVCJ4

yes....could use that shot. when facing pace bowlers I'm permanently stuck on the front foot so this would help.

yes....could use that shot. when facing pace bowlers I'm permanently stuck on the front foot so this would help.

Yes, this shot can open up scoring all around the wicket and mainly opening up off side as well...With the awesome ball physics the ball would behave accordingly for this shot as well, if not well timed can become a catch at point...

And other thing is that it will be the best shot against spinners..

I have been playing a game for a week now and this is first initial input of fixes I want

AI bowls too much on the leg and middle&leg stump. It's hard to develop an off side game with you know that 5/6 delivers would on the middle&leg stump.

Half volleys on the leg stump shouldn't be going straight down the fielders throats. That's really disappointing. And it happens too much. Without using any trigger button it shouldn't be going in hands especially and long leg or deep deep square leg boundary.

Career mode should start at amateur level and ad your player progresses and develop skills you can change to pro level if you want.

Field settings are atrocious. Fine leg, deep fine leg, square leg, deep square leg, mid-wicket, deep midwicket is a normal field setting in this game. Who sets a field like that? then other times there is no mid off mid on and long on and long off.

. Keeper's catching attribute should be reduced - any attempt to 3rd man against spin bowlers always caught by keeper.
. cannot hit sweep shot for six against spin

Field setting and the bowlers pace dropping should be given priority in the next patch.

. Keeper's catching attribute should be reduced - any attempt to 3rd man against spin bowlers always caught by keeper.
. cannot hit sweep shot for six against spin

That is because unfortunately there is no slog sweep in the game. Also you are right about late cut to third man.

I have not seen many claim here that they have the reactions that are quick enough to judge their back/front foot movement against a quick bowler. I would love to hear if anyone has actually perfected this way of playing.

There's an interesting balance issue here - on the one hand we are all hoping that the bowling fatigue issue is addressed but I wonder if that was a deliberate balancing move by big ant. If you can navigate two overs at 140km it gets progressively easier as speeds decrease. It doesn't matter how many balls I've faced or how confident I am I am always a big risk of getting out when anyone bowling 130 comes in to the attack. Faced 40 balls of Coulter Nile and hazelwood yesterday eventually tried to cut a yorker as my brain melted from the pressure

There's an interesting balance issue here - on the one hand we are all hoping that the bowling fatigue issue is addressed but I wonder if that was a deliberate balancing move by big ant. If you can navigate two overs at 140km it gets progressively easier as speeds decrease. It doesn't matter how many balls I've faced or how confident I am I am always a big risk of getting out when anyone bowling 130 comes in to the attack. Faced 40 balls of Coulter Nile and hazelwood yesterday eventually tried to cut a yorker as my brain melted from the pressure
Playing pace is difficult but not impossible.
Now at vetran easily can manage 160+ total in t20

I confess I'm a bit baffled by the design decision not to scale speed as part of batting difficulty.

On the one hand, speed is the main vector of difficulty in real life. On the other, sport is at it's most enjoyable when you succeed at the highest level of difficulty you can consistently manage, and a one-speed-fits all design works counter to this ; nailing a pull shot from a delivery that's pushing your reaction time is exhilarating in a way that pulling a buffet long hop can't possibly match, and without scaling speed it's only going to be in the sweet spot for a certain percentage of players.

I guess they figured putting big flashing lights on the ball to telegraph the length would basically do the same job.

I guess they figured putting big flashing lights on the ball to telegraph the length would basically do the same job.

yeah well the numerous emails complaining about batting highlights this. Again, am sincerely hoping that BA come up with a compromise for the not-so-quick.

Playing pace is difficult but not impossible.
Now at vetran easily can manage 160+ total in t20

I'm ok on veteran but struggling at pro. I think it's exacerbated by career mode where you start out with such low stats.

Last edited:
I'm decent at playing faster bowlers, but not great and I haven't played the game as much as I'd like, so will probably get better yet. I still however agree with the comment regarding scaling the speed between difficulty levels.

It's important to convert people from being a one-off casual buyer to a series fan and I guess there's probably a decent section of the market who're going to find the batting a little too much on Pro and above. As for stepping down to amateur and of course rookie, it's a little too skewed towards batting for people to enjoy a T20 with scores like 250/4 etc.

Hopefully some balancing in the next patch will happen, but there's a lot being asked of Big Ant right now, so I'm sure whatever they do produce in Patch 2 will be a huge improvement anyhow.

yeah well the numerous emails complaining about batting highlights this. Again, am sincerely hoping that BA come up with a compromise for the not-so-quick.

To be fair to BA from playing CA I didn't think anyone could possibly want the deliveries slowed down any further, especially with the hud on, and in pro cam the deliveries seem quicker so that's kind of like scaling the speed.

I know heaps of people want this bowling fatigue issue sorted but I sure as hell hope it doesn't go the other way and every time they have a break they get all their stamina back.

They should get some back but over the course of a full day there should be a limit or they should fatigue quicker at the end of the day if given all stamina back. T20's or ODI's maybe diff story but longer games no way.

----------

How do you go against Richardson, I dont find Coulter Nile or Hazelwood that bad, Richardson takes some work till he slows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread