Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this question has been asked before, can anyone please tell me when will Patch 2 be released

im pretty sure only BIGANT know this, rumble was early june but as i say only they are in the know and unlikely they will answer your question

Are we patched there yet?

I am wondering why the "must fixes" have not released in a trickle patch format as apposed to a large "fix all" patch thats taking weeks to release. IE: Fix AI (patch), fix fielding (patch), fix online (patch) etc. That way a lot of the issues would already be rectified and playibg it now would be much more enjoyable. As it stands we have been made to wait over a month already for a fix to play a game that should never have been released in it's current state. Seems to be a lot of praise for BA about the upcoming patch 2 and how this is great customer service when its not. We have paid for a game and been made to wait over a month and counting to play it as it should have been upon release.

So what you're saying is hurry up you're taking too long to fix the game but also take your time, don't release it until it's ready.... cool.

We got a patch out in record time, further patches will take a lot of time - do you have examples of any other Console games with multiple patches within a month?

We will have more frequent updates on Steam and then roll those updates into bigger patches for Console.

BTW I haven't made you do anything, you could actually wait until patch#2, or even wait for patch#3.

Last edited:
Will you be releasing an eye patch? I'm disappointed you're not releasing a free copy of Patch Adams?

Im not sure what happens on wides because Ive never run on one I dont think. Why would you? Or are you talking about a wide that the wicket keeper doesnt field and goes for byes?

Anyway, the overthrow situation works as you describe in my experience, Ive had quite a few runs from ot.

Overthrow does work. You're right. I have also scored runs from it. But the problem is, the overthrow situation can occur when the ball goes for byes when balled as a wide. I think in this case the game doesn't allow overthrows or runs. But I may be missing something here. I'll confirm.

So what you're saying is hurry up you're taking too long to fix the game but also take your time, don't release it until it's ready.... cool.

We got a patch out in record time, further patches will take a lot of time - do you have examples of any other Console games with multiple patches within a month?

We will have more frequent updates on Steam and then roll those updates into bigger patches for Console.

BTW I haven't made you do anything, you could actually wait until patch#2, or even wait for patch#3.

why release a game with so many issues in it then?

*rolls eyes gif*

Is ball going through the bat fixed in Patch#2??

Nah, I imagine they'll keep that in there. It's the new "bobble heads"

One field-set idea I had is, you have all these batsman "types" that are really only to give the AI different traits. Why not give us an option to set default fields for batsman types, that way when the AI is bowling against itself it has a user initiated "plan" to use. Would be even better to be able to set specific fields for specific players - again - have a "plan" to bowl to that you could save as a preset for certain players? Would save a ton of jumping in and out of menus every other ball.

You could set a defensive/attacking preset for certain players in the academy, then it's just a prompt when the batsman arrives at the crease (or during the walk-in sequence) to ask you which preset to bowl to. Wham bam, done.

Would also give the AI some logical guidelines to work with so it's not inventing field positions.

Guys before starting a career, go into the academy and change the default batting line ups. People have gone to the trouble of making 2/3 different line ups for 1st class, one day 20/20, but have then forgot to assign the different lineups for the different formats. At least you won't have to play with the same XI in every match if you do that!

Nah, I imagine they'll keep that in there. It's the new "bobble heads"

Why are you being so retarded? They are only asking questions which are, to some extent, viable. The game has a lot of issues that shouldn't have been there in the first place and still everyone is patiently waiting for the patches. Yeah this is the best cricket game to date but it failed to meet the hype it created as it has many bugs which are totally ridiculous such as ball going through the bat, being caught and given out when the ball is hit along the ground, bowlers' speed dropping significantly after 4th or 5th over, etc. If I recall correctly, isn't the most important point of cricket is to hit the ball with the bat? Then why the flick is ball going through it??? So I suggest you stop being rude and take a chill pill.

Yeah this is the best cricket game to date but it failed to meet the hype

Happy for you to give me suggestions on how to manage the level of hype to whatever you believe is the appropriate level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread