Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
With "AI field settings" in the OP, I'm not sure if this has been covered (delete as appropriate).
But a thing that needs to be fixed is the AI not following the field restrictions in ODI's, like having 6 fielders outside the circle.

Ability to play as an associate it career would be nice

Good everything is covered I would like to add fix broken replays and weired catches as well as playing straight shots.

Another must fix - clipping issues.

I've had at least 3 instances in career where the ball went through my batsman onto the stumps. (I would likely be lbw is almost all of them but still).

Must haves:

Optional setting to add field radar for batsmen.
More camera options for two players.
No red circle on ball in field.

Preferably angles from a straight on angle especially when bowling because at the moment they're 100% pointless.

On veteran with batsmen on precise or conservative they chug along at 3-4 an over in Tests nicely if bowling well?!

Am i missing something!?

AI Fields and slight increase in edges to slip would be nice. I get enough to keeper so many just the thickness of the edge?

Most important to me:
1) Man of the Match in Career: They are shit. If a batsman scores 50 in each innings of first class and a bowler takes 6 and 5 wickets in two innings, then they give man of the match award to the batsman. I am yet to earn man of the match award in my career as a bowler even after taking 10 wickets in a match (first class). I also bowled 4-8 in 10 overs but still my teammate got that who score 60 something. This fix is must. :facepalm

2) Bowler fatigue: It never improves after 1 session is over which is strange. I am fast bowler and I ball so slowly after some time. I bowl at 120-125 kmph.

Rest I think everything is fine.

Must haves:

Optional setting to add field radar for batsmen.
More camera options for two players.
No red circle on ball in field.

Radar... No thanks
Cameras... Yes please and Fielding 1 for career
Red circle already known & answered

Most important to me:
1) Man of the Match in Career:

Rest I think everything is fine.

Funny, I think 1) is not even slightly important.
And everything else is fine... Not even close to true.

I think we need a thread where can put our priorities in what must be fixed in next and what could be added. Remember, don't post the issues which you can ignore and move along or suggestions that are not possible to include in short time frame for a patch. Keep this thread only for things which halts your game experience.

Must Fixes
Fielder reflexes
Bowler fatigue
Difficulty Balance
Bowlers bowling leg side
More Edges
AI field Settings
AI over-aggressive batting
Cancel Run bug
Stumping bug
Camera Angles

Wishlist
Semi-Pro Difficulty - a little harder than Armature but easier than Pro. (or a different difficulty levels for batting and bowling)
Squad changes throughout career mode for AI team
Ability to assign Non Striker/AI to play defensive/attacking/rotate strike/go for draw or win. (But only if you are captain or senior partner i.e having more Batting skills or something like that)
More detailed scorecard
Editing Preset fields

PS: I don't have the game yet so this is all I can gain from reading posts from most people.

bit late to comment on this but I'd say this.

Fielder reflexes - for me, fielders are fine, if anything they don't react quickly enough, not diving forward for catches and misjudging runs to cut the ball off, the bowler is slightly too quick, stops a few too many going over his head (though not often catching them) but that's it.
Bowler fatigue - yes, the fatigue meter is fine, but the effect it has on your bowlers is over the top. half way shouldn't be a 90mph player bowling at 65 mph. I'd personally like to see more pace variation though, the timing meter is an analogue dial, why not the speeds? the middle of perfect should be top speed, but a mite either way should be 1-5 mph slower.
Difficulty Balance - will get to this later
Bowlers bowling leg side yeah, more consistency with bowlers, the problem for me is bowlers don't bowl according to the field, but the field setting is a mess anyway. dunno if it's unrealistic, but the AI should set a field and then bowl to it, this would obviously mostly involve setting fields to get a nick bowling outside off.
More Edges - for me, it's not more edges, the edge ratio is fine, it's that the batsmen miss the ball way too much because the play weird shots. perhaps the game should compensate a bit more and bat should hit ball a bit more. the computer can swing away all hours and gets away with it because it misses the ball so much. if the game got the bat closer to ball it would mean trying to straight drive a swinging ball would end in more edges rather than swing and misses. (would also cut down down a little on the bowled and lbws) this would address the difficulty balance too, batting would be a bit easier and bowling would be a bit harder.
AI field Settings YES! definitely, one for the top of the list. must sort.
AI over-aggressive batting yeah, too many slogs attempted. you come in and a guy is 12 off 50 deliveries then starts attempting to hit sixes. bit odd.
Online dunno
Cancel Run bug yep
Stumping bug think stumping is fine, you go for a big hoik you get punished, as it should be.
Camera Angles are fine, would be nice to select to some better angles in replays/

AI catch everything.... needs fixing

Also how about separate identities in Cricket Academy for FC/OD sides? E.g Warks CCC and B'ham Bears

Okay for the umpteenth time: THIS thread is about things that ARE in the game that need fixing in patch 2. NOT about things that ARE NOT in the game. A nice clean thread so Ross can see what the priorities are as far as we are concerned.

Just to add my bugbears:

Lose the cut scenes of the pitch. These get tiresome very quickly.

Add more swing, seam and spin. This will help your bowler achieve more edges and bring the slips more into play and bring more excitement to the game.

At the moment when the ball hits the stumps the ball just drops down to the base of the stumps and has very little effect on the stumps themselves. The only time the stumps seem to be uprooted is when the fielders throw them down.

Someone mentioned somewhere on the forum that that the bowling HUD should be in mph or kph. Good idea in my opinion.

I would like a camera immediately behind the bowler and batsman, and not set to one side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread