Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder once again that this isn't a "features for future versions" thread. Several of the "bugs" posted are feature requests not essential bugs requiring fixing. Adding them just dilutes the effectiveness of this thread.

I know its been said, but AI field setting is the number one, close to game-breaking issue for me (no slips in first class, three slips in T20 WTF?), along with AI bowling selection (spinners opening the bowling on a green pitch in England). It's baffling that Big Ant have got that so wrong, when they have got so much else right. There is so much about this game that really is "best cricket game ever", but this is actually "worst ever", I mean I can't think of any other cricket game that didn't know what a realistic field setting looked like.

Fix those two things and bowler fatigue and i will be very happy.

----------

Oh, and remember the difficulty in casual mode. If it can remember i played a T10 Eng v Pakistan in Lahore, why can't it remember I played on Pro difficulty not amateur?

Also, be nice to have audio bowling assistance at Pro level, it's only ever worked for me on amateur.

So yeah, those 5 things would be aces :)

I know its been said, but AI field setting is the number one, close to game-breaking issue for me (no slips in first class, three slips in T20 WTF?), along with AI bowling selection (spinners opening the bowling on a green pitch in England). It's baffling that Big Ant have got that so wrong, when they have got so much else right. There is so much about this game that really is "best cricket game ever", but this is actually "worst ever", I mean I can't think of any other cricket game that didn't know what a realistic field setting looked like.

Fix those two things and bowler fatigue and i will be very happy.

That is absolutely spot on. For those who like to play alone, irrational field settings will totally ruin the fun. Even in career mode, four slips in a T20 game breaks the immersion for me at least. I hope this issue can be addressed asap.

To be honest, as far as "bugs" go I think the game is good and I'm perfectly happy playing it. However there are two fundamental issues I have with the game that would make experience so much better despite any number of bugs or minor tweaks:

A) Batsman AI. Fast bowling just doesn't feel like it's represented well. Sure the gameplay mechanic is good, no problems there. The issue is with how the AI play when you bowl. It doesn't seem to matter how quick you bowl - the AI never seem to be rushed, even tail enders. Also, when you bowl a good delivery the batsman don't really play down the wrong line - eg bowl a great out swinger but the batsman plays outside the line of the ball when they are "fooled", where as they should be play and missing on the inside of the ball. They also miss the ball by a foot when they are beaten, instead of a ball moving just enough past the bat to hit the pads or clip the stumps. It's either miss by a foot or nothing. So basically the lack of reaction to pace and realistic reaction to being beaten are issues, not to mention lack of edges but that has been bought up many times before.

B) Batting mechanic just doesn't give you enough time to react properly. I love that fast balls actually feel fast - this shouldn't change, but there has to be a way of giving players a bit more forewarning of where the ball will land if we are to make decisions on shot types and modifiers as the ball is bowled. I want to be able to leave good balls outside off, decide to smack the cover off a half-volley, concentrate on finding the gap through covers but this just isn't possible at the moment and most of it comes down to premeditation, especially for the shot modifiers.

This could be controversial, but I'm going to suggest a "doughnut" on the pitch (but not adjusted for swing or drift) just as the bowling player would normally flick the stick up to bowl. This would give batting players the extra split second needed to make a proper decision about playing the ball and the actual speed of the deliveries wouldn't need to be toned down. It would also be more realistic in representing batsman in real life picking up where the ball is going to pitch just as it leaves the bowlers hand.

You've got (A) spot on. The biggest issue with the AI is this tendency to either middle the ball, or completely miss it. They also tend to be fooled wrong. I've seen so many balls that are swinging away suddenly, or move off the seam away suddenly, only for them to (as you say) get an inside edge instead. The issue may be that the AI reacts too fast.

There's also the issue of the bowler reacting the moment the batsmen plays, as well as their incredible agility, that makes them the ultimate fielder it seems. To get anything past them you've got to send it over them, or put it quite well wide of them. Even over head height, absolutely middled, they'll still get a hand to it. Something that definitely needs to be toned down.

As for (B), I think the whole point when facing the pace bowlers should be that feeling of terror, and the need to, at least at some level, premeditate what you're going to need to be doing, but that's a much larger debate about a mechanic within the game.

I will want a refund if they re-introduce the "doughnut" pitch marker for this game. This game is simply amazing the way it is. Absolutely realistic. Batting is a challenge as it should be. Its not impossible to bat. Concentration is the key here.
The only thing I feel there is a need for immediate patching is the AI field placements. Rest is just as should be.
Want doughnuts go buy some....:yes:rolleyes

I will want a refund if they re-introduce the "doughnut" pitch marker for this game. This game is simply amazing the way it is. Absolutely realistic. Batting is a challenge as it should be. Its not impossible to bat. Concentration is the key here.
The only thing I feel there is a need for immediate patching is the AI field placements. Rest is just as should be.
Want doughnuts go buy some....:yes:rolleyes

- Fast bowlers being completely buggered after 4-5 overs, not being able to get back above 125-130kmph
- Edges occurring far far less than they should
- Strange AI shot selection and various AI problems
- Super human fielding form the bowler

The game is great, but there are a myriad of problems, many of them quite serious, still to be fixed.

Yeah Ai field placings are high on the list to sort for me and also the suicidal runs ai is taking to deep mid on/off, I played a game last night where I ran out 4 players in one innings that way. I think it may be something to do with my custom field confusing the ai. I may just go back to only preset fields because it is ruining offline games for me.

Couple more things aswell (sorry if already mentioned). Bowler fielding during his follow through is still ridiculously superhuman. Also I can't seem to hit over the infield to deep midwicket against a spinner, there doesn't seem to be a slog sweep shot, small thing but a bit frustrating.

BTW, still loving the game, but ironing out all these issues and there are quite a few would probably make it my favourite game of all time.

When batting you get the odd ''England were 30/1 after 10 overs...'' pop up and you never get enough time to read it because by the time you've finished the bowler is already charging in plus you haven't had time to check the field.

Would be nice if you could check score comparisons after X amount of overs through the scorecard somehow instead.

Yup along with batting worms and bar chart/graph for the two sides, and wagon wheel/pie chart to see where batsmen scored their runs. Essentially add all the stats & graphs that were present in EA Cricket 07.

----------

Oh, and remember the difficulty in casual mode. If it can remember i played a T10 Eng v Pakistan in Lahore, why can't it remember I played on Pro difficulty not amateur?

Go to "Options" and select difficulty level from "General Options" IIRC. Once you select, say PRO, all your matches will start at PRO difficulty level by default.

What also needs to be reviewed is the ai batting. In all the shield matches the good batsmen get "normal" batting scores ie say 54 runs off 78 balls,etc. yet when I'm batting with them, they are all batting like glen maxwell - boom, boom, boom all over the park...wtf? The ai field placings probably add to it but it feels like a 20/20 batting display instead of a more subdued approach, esp when we're 3/25 or something ie. SLOW DOWN. I do notice than when I'm out, the batting figures return to 'normal'

What also needs to be reviewed is the ai batting. In all the shield matches the good batsmen get "normal" batting scores ie say 54 runs off 78 balls,etc. yet when I'm batting with them, they are all batting like glen maxwell - boom, boom, boom all over the park...wtf? The ai field placings probably add to it but it feels like a 20/20 batting display instead of a more subdued approach, esp when we're 3/25 or something ie. SLOW DOWN. I do notice than when I'm out, the batting figures return to 'normal'

Better AI batting should be one of the priorities for 2nd patch.

This is all related to Career mode:

1. Batting still ridicously hard, no matter how much you practice
2. Wicket keeper trigger movement of always stumping even though batsman is couple yards in and not moving
3. AI fielding is still superhuman, runs 40 yards to catch from behind head
4. There should be an option to skip all AI gameplay and straight to your player, instead of always pressing start then simulate to your created player at the end of EVERY OVER!
5. You should be rewarded for contributing to a wicket. I.e. if its a run out then you should get +1 for the bowling.
6. You should be able to distribute your gained points to areas you want. i.e if you have lots of in and out swing you should be allowed to put it somewhere else too.

This is all related to Career mode:

2. Wicket keeper trigger movement of always stumping even though batsman is couple yards in and not moving

...a couple of yards in? Where are you taking guard, behind the stumps? That would certainly make batting harder.

...a couple of yards in? Where are you taking guard, behind the stumps? That would certainly make batting harder.

She (I take it she is a she) is talking about the fact that the wicket keeper unnecessarily takes the bails off after the ball is returned......which is a valid point.

Yes I am a she, thanks "Dutch" for clarifying. I talking about after the batsmen has taken a run, the wicket keeper still hits the bails even tho the batsmen is clearly inside the line and has enough time to be relaxing lol. This is the same trigger movements seen in previous cricket games except it's little better on this one.

Makes this really GOOD game look bad when it happens. I am sure it will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread