Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't write anything that's been said already.

In career mode, update the other players' stats according to their results in the mode. Right now only your own player's stats change, and the others' remain the 'real world' ones. It does kill the immersion a little bit.

Still in career mode, make it possible to change the competition names. (I hope Big Ant have something like this in store with their new career mode options)

Also, the stadia where the career games are played have uncorrect names: for example, in CA I gave my Delhi team 'Feroz Shah Kotla' as home ground (choosing Delhi Park in the list of options) but in the career, the games are said to be played in Delhi Park.

In order of importance:

1) AI field settings - you can only play a 4/5 day game if you're willing to completely suspend your disbelief.

2) Superhuman fielders. Everything needs toning down really - bowlers are way too good fielding of their own bowling. Fielding throws are still so accurate. also, on the subject, whenever there is no pressure for a run out you can pretty much nail a bullet throw each time. If there is a chance, you will often have a slow/loopy throw? Why is that? I like the idea of the fielder getting "nervous" during a run-out attempt, but I'd rather see much more wildly inaccurate throws at full pace vs accurate throws that take 3x a s long to get there.

3) AI batting - specifically on and outside off stump. It seems like if you bowl on the stumps or fractionally outside off stump the batsman can time the ball very nicely, push the ball and inch or two wider and they play and miss much more frequently. For me one of these needs to be rebalanced.

1.scenerio editor with the ability to share them. This would ensure this game a long life like cricket online said in his excellent post on the issue
2. Competition editor fix so that you can pre set teams for competitons you create with ability to share them not have to manually add each time you start new comp
3. Co op in next patch should of been in from day 1 shocked it wasn't it's like buying car then having to wait for the wheels
4. Field settings not resetting after every new batsmen
5. Ability to control AI partner mindset this would at least fix some of the current AI batting issues for career or allow co op player 2 to take control

To be honest, as far as "bugs" go I think the game is good and I'm perfectly happy playing it. However there are two fundamental issues I have with the game that would make experience so much better despite any number of bugs or minor tweaks:

A) Batsman AI. Fast bowling just doesn't feel like it's represented well. Sure the gameplay mechanic is good, no problems there. The issue is with how the AI play when you bowl. It doesn't seem to matter how quick you bowl - the AI never seem to be rushed, even tail enders. Also, when you bowl a good delivery the batsman don't really play down the wrong line - eg bowl a great out swinger but the batsman plays outside the line of the ball when they are "fooled", where as they should be play and missing on the inside of the ball. They also miss the ball by a foot when they are beaten, instead of a ball moving just enough past the bat to hit the pads or clip the stumps. It's either miss by a foot or nothing. So basically the lack of reaction to pace and realistic reaction to being beaten are issues, not to mention lack of edges but that has been bought up many times before.

B) Batting mechanic just doesn't give you enough time to react properly. I love that fast balls actually feel fast - this shouldn't change, but there has to be a way of giving players a bit more forewarning of where the ball will land if we are to make decisions on shot types and modifiers as the ball is bowled. I want to be able to leave good balls outside off, decide to smack the cover off a half-volley, concentrate on finding the gap through covers but this just isn't possible at the moment and most of it comes down to premeditation, especially for the shot modifiers.

This could be controversial, but I'm going to suggest a "doughnut" on the pitch (but not adjusted for swing or drift) just as the bowling player would normally flick the stick up to bowl. This would give batting players the extra split second needed to make a proper decision about playing the ball and the actual speed of the deliveries wouldn't need to be toned down. It would also be more realistic in representing batsman in real life picking up where the ball is going to pitch just as it leaves the bowlers hand.

Last edited:
Reduce amount of slower balls delivered.

no, as a slower ball may be a key ball for the AI bowling. fair enough if its not their stronger skill. but reducing the amount of slower balls is technically making it easier for yourself

- change the animation so that your player does NOT move during batting other than stepping forward/back in line with LAS input. If you try a leg glance (LAS = back, slightly left; RAS = down/left), your batsman will MOVE 1 foot to the right. This is wrong. Unless advancing down the pitch, your batsman should not move further than 1 step in any direction. You can recreate this in the nets with Bradman (he will also jump to the right).
Try this with any fast ball aimed at Leg Stump (which is normally bread and butter for good batsmen to glance down to fine leg) and you'll jump to the right and will see your leg stump go flying.

I find when going for a slog the ball gets way to much flight and you get caught out a lot this needs a fix imo

Another must fix: invisible walls that stops the ball as a fielder is in slide animation.

Normally if you're in a slide and ball bounces in front of you, it is expected that the ball with bounce over you. But that does not happen and the ball magically ends up with the fielder.

Here's the video of it:

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. A more detailed scorecard (boundary count strike-rate, etc)
  2. Fielders run too fast and are too athletic
  3. Run out and stumping bug
  4. Fielders celebrate a catch and throw the ball over the boundary but the wicket remains and no boundary is rewarded
  5. Also had a bug where I got bowled out on a free hit
  6. And my first class and one day career skipped the last 5 rounds and then started the next season

Last edited:
Okay for the umpteenth time: THIS thread is about things that ARE in the game that need fixing in patch 2. NOT about things that ARE NOT in the game. A nice clean thread so Ross can see what the priorities are as far as we are concerned.

So... you're looking for suggestions?

no, as a slower ball may be a key ball for the AI bowling. fair enough if its not their stronger skill. but reducing the amount of slower balls is technically making it easier for yourself

The point I'm making is it isn't realistic. Bowlers don't bowl 3-4 slower balls an over in FC cricket..

I've had a bowler bowl vary his pace from 145km to 120km to 110km. That's not realistic.

My thoughts. Hopefully I haven't replicated anything already here. These are mostly wishlist rather than must fix.

1) ability to sim innings, x overs, or match in career mode. It could be like other titles and give you a small amount of the xp you would otherwise.

2) Make the defensive trigger/shot combination a bit more effective for hitting singles. Early in career mode (pro) I find it really hard to build an innings by doing anything but block or hit a boundary that skews off the bat. Grinding out 20 runs in that method isnt as satisfying.

3) add ability to include custom leagues in career mode. Ie choose to start off in a local nz comp based on custom teams or a randomly generated club players.

4) being able to select different difficulty for batting/bowling. Finding bowling fairly easy and batting a bit too hard on pro for a batting all rounder.

5) tweak displays to always say many runs behind the team is.

I played the game a lot on weekends and I am afraid to echo the majority opinion that the AI is not good enough.
In career mode, I was playing a T20 tournament. The AI had five slips in place when my team was 150/3 in 15 overs. Even When we needed only 30 to win of 3 overs, the same field persisted. The AI does not think over its field setting except for plugging the gaps where you score mostly. The field changes don't make sense and surely the above scenario can't be explained.
AI it seems, is way too hard to implement in cricket game. I would be interested in know if this can even be patched. I am not a techie but straightening this out must surely be a huge headache if Bigantstudios do indeed decide to face this seemingly insurmountable challenge.
A word from Ross or any of his other colleagues on this matter if not already mentioned, must be of great interest.
Also the superhuman fielding has not been sorted out via Patch 1. I have seen fielder from midoff run back and take a catch at the boundary at long on. I also had a few runouts, where my partner was inside but stepped out again for some odd reason. I was also pushed out of the crease by a fielder and then stumped. These are minor bugs though and don't mess much with the gameplay. AI issue is of much more importance and must be addressed immediately if possible.

Last edited:
When batting you get the odd ''England were 30/1 after 10 overs...'' pop up and you never get enough time to read it because by the time you've finished the bowler is already charging in plus you haven't had time to check the field.

Would be nice if you could check score comparisons after X amount of overs through the scorecard somehow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread