Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small issue. The commentators called a county championship 4 day game a 'test match'.

Yes I am a she, thanks "Dutch" for clarifying. I talking about after the batsmen has taken a run, the wicket keeper still hits the bails even tho the batsmen is clearly inside the line and has enough time to be relaxing lol. This is the same trigger movements seen in previous cricket games except it's little better on this one.

Makes this really GOOD game look bad when it happens. I am sure it will be fixed.

Ross states this was fixed in first patch but I am seeing it regularly still also?

AI field placings HAS to be top of the list. The bowling and batting mechanics are so good in this game, but it just makes for a frustrating and unrealistic expereince when you come in to bat with 9 men saving runs and no catchers in a test/4 day match. #Massive oversite/lazy programming.

The two main issues I think are:

1. Bowling speed dropping significantly after couple of overs.

2. Not enough edges to match the realism.

If these two issues are fixed then I am very happy. I seem to get a lot of wickets via catch and bowl. This needs to be fixed as well because a hard hit ball is caught very easily which is unrealistic. But if the above 2 issues are fixed then I really don't care about the other small issues yet. Other small issues include bowling camera after being bowled, run out after a dive to the crease, slow stumping, and AI is too aggressive.

AI field placings HAS to be top of the list. The bowling and batting mechanics are so good in this game, but it just makes for a frustrating and unrealistic expereince when you come in to bat with 9 men saving runs and no catchers in a test/4 day match. #Massive oversite/lazy programming.

I think lazy programming is pretty harsh. The game clearly has had a lot of love, time and attention. But it is baffling how the AI fields passed QA.

MOM need fixing.

Just played a T10. Batted to 95/5 with S.Africa. D.Miller getting 51 off 29.

Bowled India out for 45 with Morkel getting 6 wickets for 5 runs.

Miller got man of the match.

Why are people complaining about the Wicket Keeper Issue, it is not a big deal, It does not fundamentally change the gameplay at all. We should be concerned with Bowling Speeds and Online gameplay, as they are far more important.

The AI for me is the main thing that needs improving. So many mid off catches due to aggressive AI in tests.

And it would be nice to see team changes in career if its not already in there

This is all related to Career mode:

1. Batting still ridicously hard, no matter how much you practice

@Ross - are you guys going to tweak say bowling speeds to make batting a little bit easier? You've probably noticed this but there's posts all over the place from users complaining how, no matter how much practice they/we do, its still difficult.

@Ross - are you guys going to tweak say bowling speeds to make batting a little bit easier? You've probably noticed this but there's posts all over the place from users complaining how, no matter how much practice they/we do, its still difficult.

Batting is fine and doesn't need tweaking. It's AI batting and bowling speeds due to fatigue which need to be fixed.

Yes I am a she, thanks "Dutch" for clarifying. I talking about after the batsmen has taken a run, the wicket keeper still hits the bails even tho the batsmen is clearly inside the line and has enough time to be relaxing lol. This is the same trigger movements seen in previous cricket games except it's little better on this one.

Makes this really GOOD game look bad when it happens. I am sure it will be fixed.

Oh sorry, you said stumping, which implied that you meant they were taking the bails off simply after a shot.

Yes, the wicket keepers do put down the wicket a bit too often, but it's a bit better since the patch.

----------

why are people complaining about edges.
I don't want anymore edges..its annoying.

Because they are the key mode of dismissal in First Class cricket. They should make up about 4-5 wickets per 10, but instead barely make 1 out of 10 for many. That is a problem.

Oh sorry, you said stumping, which implied that you meant they were taking the bails off simply after a shot.

Yes, the wicket keepers do put down the wicket a bit too often, but it's a bit better since the patch.

----------

Because they are the key mode of dismissal in First Class cricket. They should make up about 4-5 wickets per 10, but instead barely make 1 out of 10 for many. That is a problem.

nah I don't want anymore edges.
I got out by edging plenty of times.

Batting is fine and doesn't need tweaking. It's AI batting and bowling speeds due to fatigue which need to be fixed.

nah mate, the number of posts saying batting is difficult begs to differ. Hell I can attest to that. Remember, not everyone has lightning reflexes which is what you sometimes need when facing pace bowlers in order to:

1. judge the ball
2. select the shot
3. carry it out

Whilst I'm all for difficulty, constant failure results in frustration. Dunno bout everyone else but cricket for me is about scoring 50's, 100's, etc, not taking 5 wickets. My highest total 3 years into my career is 14 which is a one off. I have so many ducks its not funny. And I'm your average gamer, in my late 30s so my reflexes aren't the best. Having said that, they shouldn't need to be. We're not talking about 'allowing' everyone to score centuries first off (although given paid upwards of $90 for this game, they shd be allowed to do whatever the hell they want), but compromising.

My solutions are:

1. slow down the bowling for pace bowlers (make fast bowlers bowl med/fast speed until you get to int'l level); or
2. in career mode (which starts at Veteran level), include an Amateur level as well where bowling is slower (as above, fast bowlers bowl med/fast speed, med/fast bowlers bowl med speed, etc) - that will allow us to get used to watching the ball; or
3. (unlikely) create a Div 1 below state level where #2 is implemented - remember, you're a 16 y/o playing for your state. How did you get to be there? making lots of runs at club level...thats how. i've stated before, we're going from zero to facing 140kmph bowling. You can't 'learn on the job' on a cricket pitch as its all or nothing.
4. I'm against putting in a doughnut or whatever unless you have to. Not my call.

Also, @Ross, is it possible to switch the LAS and RAS? I've figured out my biggest problem - I keep using the LAS as the RAS (I'm sure cricket games in the past used the LAS as the direction to hit...unfortunately I can't seem to train myself out of it). Is this possible? Keep everything else the same, just give me the ability to select forward/back with the RAS, and shot direction with the LAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread