Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

latindancer

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
i can understand why ross is upset!! i mean come on. every one know this was the best game ever even without the patch. yes it can improve lot more and mind you cricket is a very complicated and tactical game. as far as this game if he can fix the AI field settings issue i think this game would be amazing. and to be honest so far they have shown commitment then any other game producer and i believe we the hard core cricket gamers should give them some time. lets face it. after Ashes 13 getting a game like this is too good to be true :clap

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am wondering why the "must fixes" have not released in a trickle patch format as apposed to a large "fix all" patch thats taking weeks to release. IE: Fix AI (patch), fix fielding (patch), fix online (patch) etc. That way a lot of the issues would already be rectified and playibg it now would be much more enjoyable. As it stands we have been made to wait over a month already for a fix to play a game that should never have been released in it's current state. Seems to be a lot of praise for BA about the upcoming patch 2 and how this is great customer service when its not. We have paid for a game and been made to wait over a month and counting to play it as it should have been upon release.

Why? Because it makes more sense to do it that way, particularly given the fact that we're talking about console patches.

I'm unsure about Sony's approach, but Microsoft reserve the right to charge for certification of patches - and they used to charge 10's of thousands of dollars for each one after the first, without question. I believe Sony to be fairly similar.

Just a quick question, who do you code for?

Bullman

School Cricketer
@Ross

Did you see me previous post regarding bowling averages.

In the scorecard bowling summary for example the stats would indicate 7 overs for 38 runs but it does not give the average of 5.4.

Is there a chance that this could be looked at?

Especially in career it would be great to immediatly see what your match bowling average is.

Thanks

B

Last edited:

sukhish

School Cricketer
Wow...It's really getting heated up in the last couple of pages i could manage to read and i really hope that some of the bugs i want to mention here would not start a war again! (well i have come across many bugs but they are not that major at the moment) P.S. Though i am sure these have been asked before however i was unable to find the real answers to them...

1. Can't understand why do we have 4 or sometimes 5 fielders outside the 30 yards in powerplay?
2. Batsmen doesn't get back even after pressing "b" (xbox) all the time. Have been out many times like this. The career as it is hard and this adds insult to the injury!
3. Super fielders (has been mentioned everywhere)
4. Whenever it rains the team betting second looses, no matter what!
5. Could have a calendar in the career mode to track the progress.
6. Option to choose squad once you become captain, it's the same boring team sheet for years!
7. Optional bowling marker (some folks here don't want that, but i do.. So i guess it should become an option)
8. Option to simulate or skip the carrier play on a particular match (otherwise, we'll never be able to finish 10 long years career)

I really hope and with all good intentions and no offense to anyone that i do get some positive response... It is indeed a good solid cricket game, however it has issues and bugs which can't be denied and we as buyers and them as sellers both need to be a little patient and understand each other's concerns.

Peace!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After many, many reports of issues for many weeks and many PM's from myself and HBK asking for more information why would anyone think I take a personal offence to bug reports? I don't. Indeed I believe that I started the first bug report thread.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I agree with Ross's post exactly. Big Ant have been absolutely receptive to the reports submitted so far and very actively reporting efforts to correct bugs as they go. Given their no doubt busy schedules, they've exceeded what would be the normal expectations of a developer.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
After many, many reports of issues for many weeks and many PM's from myself and HBK asking for more information why would anyone think I take a personal offence to bug reports? I don't. Indeed I believe that I started the first bug report thread.

Yeah that too before the official release date...:lol :p

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeap I can concur that basically 80% of the bugs I`ve mentioned have been adressed , and I hope/believe that the other 20% has just been done and will reflect in Patch No. 2

In a sense I almost feel part of the development of the game , something I`ve never had the honour of before.

I feel the need for a changelog is now the only thing outstanding , so that one can see what made it to Patch No. 2 . This will silence alot of new entries questions.

I suggest this Changelog should be stickied at the top for everybody to see , not just added to a existing thread to assist everyone in seeing it.

Big Thumbs up for BigAntStudios for the after sales support their giving this game , it more than makes up for the Originial releases well known shortcomings.:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

harryUK

School Cricketer
I don't think it's the bugs in the game that have caused the problems.
I think the engine is sound. It's the people who play tested the game and couldn't spot the obvious faults in the gameplay.
Why wasn't the superhuman fielders noticed? Or the AI batsmen at the other end who make suicidal walks up the pitch and get themselves run out or all the other faults that spoil the gameplay. Nothing to do with the game engine, just really poor play testing.

Mr Cricket 777

School Cricketer
hi guys the game is awesome! I do agree a tweak here and there could make it even better. besides the obvious mentioned already I would love to see more achievements in career mode eg. man of the
series, best bowler and batsmen, most sixes etc. also it would be great if we could spend career points on something in career mode. it would also be nice to be able to edit my career player during the career and to play with him in casual matches. I really agree with previous posts regarding the calendar and picking the team when u are capitan. I love batting with guys whose spot I take when I make the team which sucks. thanks for being willing to listen. hope my suggestions are pertinent

Alberts

International Coach
Gee wizz - this statement is getting tossed around like a Frisbee isn't it...how long is a piece of string?

No disrespect intended but IMO Games like SWC 99, Cricket 97 ATE, International Cricket Captain are all superior cricket games in the context of the period when they were made, and the style of game (interactive v management sim).

If you put peak Bradman in the same team as peak Ponting, Lara, Sangakarra, Kallis and Tendulkar he wouldn't be in the same league technically, but in the context of his era he was miles ahead, and that is why he is regarded as the best ever.

Why shouldn't the same apply for cricket games? SWC 99 was absolutely miles ahead of its time, and that's why its the best ever I think. There are numerous elements in SWC 99 that don't even exist now in modern games (classic matches, huge amount of stadiums, classic commentary, crowd sounds dependent on venue played, beach cricket!). IMO Bradman 14 falls well below average in quality expected of a game retailing at $99 in the year 2014. I don't see how this can be argued. Sure there might be a few outliers that you can refer to as case in point - some games that are just awful, but the quality of the DBC14 product upon release is below average - its as simple as that. I'm sorry if I offend.

Imagine if the developers could of supported SWC 99 and Cricket 97 ATE post release??? :eek:

Personally the only thing I really judge sports games on is the quality of the simulation, and if you'd played games like International Cricket Captain in their recent iterations you'd notice that beyond a shiny new CGI replay engine, they feel like something from the 90s still. That's the issue, the cricket gaming genre is virtually dead. In the context of it's era, Don Bradman Cricket does the following:

- The only thing approaching a playable cricket game since EA was in the market, and even then you have to consider the market to give them that much credit
- The best simulation of intricacies of cricket from a physics perspective at this time
- Controls that actually give a new take on genre, something not tried in a long time
- A brave amount of customization which has, as would be expected, lead to a lot of options for many of the bugs that have occurred

This all from an new entrant into the market in a climate where cricket games seem near unviable. It's by taking into account the context they are in that it is clearly the best, this game and it's success (hopefully) is what may potentially save the entire genre, being produced in an age where on ol' rubbish makes it onto the market with an inflated price tag. It has been a magnificent, brave effort, and I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

grkrama

National Board President
This all from an new entrant into the market in a climate where cricket games seem near unviable. It's by taking into account the context they are in that it is clearly the best, this game and it's success (hopefully) is what may potentially save the entire genre, being produced in an age where on ol' rubbish makes it onto the market with an inflated price tag. It has been a magnificent, brave effort, and I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

what is even more brave is i cant imagine small studio starting this journey 4 years before, that too with another player who despite their short comings were holding the market and if they had even had a decent outing last time would have taken a good share in the market atleast in the early stages, so it is really a brave venture in that regard, taking so many chances in such a niche genre.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Look , I have also scratched my head as to how some of the more obvious stuff got passed QC , but thats now water under the bridge , and something I believe BA would have learned from.

Other Studios , put out Beta versions of their games , specifically with the goal of ironing out all the major bugs pre-release. BA could keep this in mind for the next iteration. Only Gamers can fully test a product in all its facets.

I agree that "gamers" notice far more than the average person might, but also "gamers " want perfect graphics and things to look 100% right, but for a cricket fan, you want the game to feel right and play right! You can't just have a niche game tested by gamers!! In the whole game there's very little graphics wise I'd improve, even the animations where people go through one another don't bother me as much as the superhuman fielders or the difficulty imbalance or the AI over aggressiveness or the silly run outs. All of which will be patched by BA. This is the best cricket game we've ever had, its not perfect, but BA never promised us that, the continued support of the product by BA shows they're true to their word and they listen to polite honest feedback. Gamers will pick up on things that sports fans wouldn't, and vice versa, you can't just have one or the other testing the game you need both. Btw I'm looking for a new job Ross, I'd be happy to test the next game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread