Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Patch passed one platform holder (as previously announced) however has failed the other one due to a scenario where if patching while half way through a match in career mode there is an opportunity for the save file to corrupt and not be readable.

This bug appears to be on both platforms, so regardless of the one platform pass we cannot let this potential issue into the wild. We are to resubmit to both platform as soon as possible.

Happy to wait for the patch knowing it wont trash my career save. I hope everyone can agree on that.

You said one passed it; is it possible if you released that version it could still trash their career save?
If so; you should put that in thread title so anyone who comes on saying "release that version since it passed so we can get why should we wait wah wah people" can see it.
:yes :)

Patch passed one platform holder (as previously announced) however has failed the other one due to a scenario where if patching while half way through a match in career mode there is an opportunity for the save file to corrupt and not be readable.

This bug appears to be on both platforms, so regardless of the one platform pass we cannot let this potential issue into the wild. We are to resubmit to both platform as soon as possible.

I would call it an awesome catch by that platform holder! :clap This is going to make you work more to get back to your QA on how they missed it. :p Delay is better than people taking it on an very unbelievable wild side after release of patch 2.

So another question would be, would this latest fix be available in PC release or it would be a patch for PC as well?

@Ross One quick clarification. I would like to know whether the title will be submitted for approval to both MS and Sony after fixing the issue.Do we need to still send the patch for approval again after fixing the issue, for the platform who has already approved it.

So another question would be, would this latest fix be available in PC release or it would be a patch for PC as well?

As the latest bug picked up in patch 2 only occurs an error to a career file that had a match in progress when the patch is applied.. considering that no one can really be playing the game on PC without Patch 2 in the first place.. this would not be an issue. ALL career modes on PC will be started with Patch 2 already applied.

@Ross One quick clarification. I would like to know whether the title will be submitted for approval to both MS and Sony after fixing the issue.Do we need to still send the patch for approval again after fixing the issue, for the platform who has already approved it.

We theoretically could release the patch that passed but it would trash some peoples careers - we're not going to do that.

Both will be resubmitted.

All good news then, would much rather keep m'save files...

Where is @Ross, I need my Refund..:D:D:D:D:lol:lol

Extremely Upset..:p:p

This game is @*&$..

when we can start our agitation?:D:D

Ross take your time and do all necessary testing before resubmitting, this waiting is like when you are already married and then waiting for honeymoon to start..

Not gonna lie, it's disappointing at the moment, but a week or two delay isn't a big deal. I was going to start a new career for the patch (and to change default lineups), so the bug wouldn't affect me... How about sending me an early patch 2 Xbox release @BigAntStudios ;)?

Last edited:
its funny to know that though console owners got the first taste of game but it looks like PC users will play a more refined dbc14 prior to consoles.

I was going to start a new career for the patch (and to change default lineups)

Just on that - I'm assuming I'm able to do changes to the 'Get Best' squad before starting a career right? ie. if I downloaded say 'Get Best' for Warwickshire and went and edited the batting lineup, personnel, etc and then started a career, I'm assuming this edited/get best lineup is what I would see in my career right?

its funny to know that though console owners got the first taste of game but it looks like PC users will play a more refined dbc14 prior to consoles.

Am I missing something here? If the bug pointed out by MS was not even known by Big Ant, how could they have rectified it for PC version?

Am I missing something here? If the bug pointed out by MS was not even known by Big Ant, how could they have rectified it for PC version?

Because the issue relates to installing the patch mid-career. That obviously won't be an issue if the public can't start a PC career prior to having patch 2 can it?

Users who are viewing this thread