Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I'd be very disappointed if they put a Patch 3 out without first pushing the tweaks to the PC version to get feedback before putting it on console. Given how infrequently they can patch on consoles by comparison, it'd be a waste not to take advantage of the PC users to make sure the console update actually delivers on fixing all the things.
If trying to avoid people complaining about release dates leads the patch just dropping on consoles and PC at the same time to avoid that, it's a major missed opportunity to get things right.

ya i hope they do it like patch 2 testing it out with pc guys here first and then rolling it out. I for one wouldn't mind to trying out any beta version they push out extensively.

ya i hope they do it like patch 2 testing it out with pc guys here first and then rolling it out. I for one wouldn't mind to trying out any beta version they push out extensively.
I think they can select a group of PC members and provide the patch to them to check it out and also provide info on what changes has been applied and what the gamers are expected to look into...So people from different countries and with different config PC can check that out and solve issues if any....So they can experiment on that to get the combo right and result in a well balanced gameplay which we all want...

I think they can select a group of PC members and provide the patch to them to check it out and also provide info on what changes has been applied and what the gamers are expected to look into...So people from different countries and with different config PC can check that out and solve issues if any....So they can experiment on that to get the combo right and result in a well balanced gameplay which we all want...

That is a very good idea, and a good way to select the "group" would be to see the number of hours the person has played DBC14 on Steam as those who play more often will have a better chance of spotting some issues. I just hope BigAnt have their listening ears on and consider this idea.

That is a very good idea, and a good way to select the "group" would be to see the number of hours the person has played DBC14 on Steam as those who play more often will have a better chance of spotting some issues. I just hope BigAnt have their listening ears on and consider this idea.
Hope so as @MattW said it would a waste if they don't USE the PC version for getting the patch right...

Just read the whole thread and everything I can think of that seems important enough to be patched if possible has already been suggested. These are the main ones for me:

1. Non-aggressive shots going in the air too much - though I don't mind this so much with pulls and cuts as they tend to go in the air in real life anyway, it's particularly annoying with straight drives because it makes them way too dangerous to attempt. If it's possible to tweak it slightly so that perfectly timed ones go down and early or late timed ones still go up in the air that'd be obviously be ideal. I wonder if that is how it is at the moment but that the amount of 'perfect timing' required is too hard to achieve? I have noticed that drives from full deliveries always seem to go along the ground which is great.

2. Pitch being more responsive, and deterioration having a bigger effect. I suspect this would be pretty hard to tweak but I have played one match at Durban Fields with a grassy, hard pitch and every now and then there would be a ball going sideways, particularly off Philander and Morkel, which was really, really cool. If it could be made so that this happens more frequently in say session 1 and 2 of Day 1 and then on Day 4 and 5 that would be amazing. Same with there being more spin on Day 4 and 5.

3. Odd field placings like having a regulation mid on as well as a long on.

4. More stats. It's a nice idea to have stats or the scoreboard being shown in between overs. I also like the idea of a highlights package at the end of an innings, even if it's just the wickets like on Cricket 07. This one is probably more likely not to be feasible for a patch, of course, particularly as the way it is at the moment stats and replays for deliveries outside your playing session aren't available. Is this the way it is on PC as well? (Oh, and for us pedantic types, please put the bowling average in bowler's stats when they come up at the bottom of the screen! :))

5. Final suggestion which I only saw mentioned once: It'd be great if the AI bowlers bowled more deliveries on or outside off on a good to full length in first class matches. At the moment the way they bowl is perfect stylistically for ODIs and T20s, but I'd love if there was more of a need to leave balls in first class matches.

This game is already amazing - by far the best cricket game I've played - and it's ridiculously cool that you guys are trying to improve it by taking feedback from users. This also makes me even more excited for the eventual sequel because if you can get all these suggestions about tweaking the mechanics right and spend more time on aesthetics and adding more stadiums and such then it's going to be something really special.

This game is already amazing - by far the best cricket game I've played - and it's ridiculously cool that you guys are trying to improve it by taking feedback from users. This also makes me even more excited for the eventual sequel because if you can get all these suggestions about tweaking the mechanics right and spend more time on aesthetics and adding more stadiums and such then it's going to be something really special.
ya these guys are amazing i have never seen game devs work with a community on this level and on daily basis.

All the points you have made are very solid ones and also echoed by many of us here and sure bigant are listening and making changes.

Just thought of another one I don't think anyone mentioned. Only a minor thing, really, but I've noticed that in Test matches the overs get bowled too 'quickly', as in, over 30 overs will be bowled in a session so they'll end up finishing early in the day at like 5:35pm or so. In real life they are lucky to get 90 overs bowled by 6:30pm.

Last edited:
1. Non-aggressive shots going in the air too much - though I don't mind this so much with pulls and cuts as they tend to go in the air in real life anyway, it's particularly annoying with straight drives because it makes them way too dangerous to attempt. If it's possible to tweak it slightly so that perfectly timed ones go down and early or late timed ones still go up in the air that'd be obviously be ideal. I wonder if that is how it is at the moment but that the amount of 'perfect timing' required is too hard to achieve? I have noticed that drives from full deliveries always seem to go along the ground which is great.

Just on this one, a straight bat shot that's late shouldn't go aerially by default. It should possibly draw more edges - but one of the points of playing late when playing with a straight bat is that it keeps the ball down. I'd like to go back to patch 1, when I could deliberately play spinners late in order to stop the ball floating to mid-on/mid-off.

Well, I hope there is still going to be a patch 3 because Big Ant have come so damn close to nailing it - but the ball does go in the air a bit too much with certain shots.

Well, I hope there is still going to be a patch 3 because Big Ant have come so damn close to nailing it - but the ball does go in the air a bit too much with certain shots.

They've confirmed they're definitely working on a patch 3.

They've also confirmed that they will not be giving an ETA for the patch, because the forum were dicks about it last time.

*edit* I should be clear, they didn't actually say it's because we were dicks about it. That was me paraphrasing.

Good. Take your time guys and release when ready. This is already a magnificent sporting simulation, and definitely the best cricket game of all time - file down those rough edges and it will be even better! :)

One thing I would like is a shout from the AI batsman on when a clear run is available I find sometimes you wait for a run having no idea how close the fielding is to hit ball.

Also why doesn't the AI initiate the run when at his end? In real life you trust your team mate to give a correct shout.

And can the knick noise be just a touch louder I still sometimes miss that and have a commentator berate me for not inquiring lol

Just read the whole thread and everything I can think of that seems important enough to be patched if possible has already been suggested. These are the main ones for me:

2. Pitch being more responsive, and deterioration having a bigger effect. I suspect this would be pretty hard to tweak but I have played one match at Durban Fields with a grassy, hard pitch and every now and then there would be a ball going sideways, particularly off Philander and Morkel, which was really, really cool. If it could be made so that this happens more frequently in say session 1 and 2 of Day 1 and then on Day 4 and 5 that would be amazing. Same with there being more spin on Day 4 and 5.

these two go sort of hand in hand, the frustrating for me is that I feel big ant have made all the challenges for batting associated with timing, which, while important, shouldn't be the crux of good batting.

if the pitch was made to have more of an impact, if conditions made it swing, if the ball deviated off cracks or shot through, if the ball spun on a dusty pitch or bounced unpredictably that would make batting challenging. as it is the pitch plays pretty placid at all times and so it seems the challenge in batting has to come from the massive difficulties in timing it right, especially quick bowlers who are near impossible to pick in time.

a flat, nothing pitch should have you walking out and thinking, "gosh, this is easy." knocking runs all over the place, perhaps getting out going for a stupidly aggressive shot or having a mind meltdown and playing totally the wrong shot. harder conditions should be where you worry about not covering the swing/spin, or getting the odd horror ball randomly change direction off the pitch or something like that, and that's how you get out.

just making the timing window tiny and having you chip any ball not in that window is just lazy.

just making the timing window tiny and having you chip any ball not in that window is just lazy.

It would be, if that was what was happening. The fact that you can get an edge (or miss the ball completely) in the nets with ideal timing means that your statement doesn't reflect the way the game works.

@BigAntStudios , It would be great if Bigant can include some celebrations for bowlers and batsmen based on user input when the bowler gets a wicket or a batsmen makes a century, like the different celebrations included in FIFA when a goal is scored....

Users who are viewing this thread