Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I'd be very disappointed if they put a Patch 3 out without first pushing the tweaks to the PC version to get feedback before putting it on console. Given how infrequently they can patch on consoles by comparison, it'd be a waste not to take advantage of the PC users to make sure the console update actually delivers on fixing all the things.

If trying to avoid people complaining about release dates leads the patch just dropping on consoles and PC at the same time to avoid that, it's a major missed opportunity to get things right.

100% - the feedback from PC could have avoided a lot of the clustertweaks introduced by patch 2

After batting all the time with Pro Cam (weeks), today I switched to Close Cam and my timing, consistency and batting average all improved by a large amount. I put this down to four factors.
1. My head was clear and I could concentrate on the ball so much better due to the still camera. I didn't feel like I was in the blender.
2. I could see the ball so much better, and thus read it's line, length and speed because the Field of Vision was so much smaller (20 degrees?). So everything on the screen was double the size it is back on Pro Cam.
3. Able to judge my bat in relation to stumps, and so able to judge width better.
4. Running between wickets was easier to judge due to not having wobble cam on.

So please @BigAntStudios. Narrow the FOV for PRo Cam to the same or even less as Close Cam. I realise that this would be no good for looking around the ground to spot the field, but you could have the FOV for that remain as it is now, and then focus in on the bowler after your release the left trigger.
A way to know which guard you are taking (ability to glance down.)
A still Pro Cam that just follows the ball.
These and all the other tweaks that are talked about (super humans, grounded strokes etc), would make this game just the best Sports Sim ever made!!! Seriously believe that! So close to perfection!

Last edited:
A big IF , but if they push the Patch 3 Pack out to a select few on PC , just promise me that you will spend considerable time on the ONLINE side as well , as this is where I feel the game will stay alive after a few years , as no matter what they do to the AI , you will eventually grow bored of it , and rather play humans that react to how you bat or bowl , and not just to the ball bowled at that point.

After batting all the time with Pro Cam (weeks), today I switched to Close Cam and my timing, consistency and batting average all improved by a large amount. I put this down to four factors.
1. My head was clear and I could concentrate on the ball so much better due to the still camera. I didn't feel like I was in the blender.
2. I could see the ball so much better, and thus read it's line, length and speed because the Field of Vision was so much smaller (20 degrees?). So everything on the screen was double the size it is back on Pro Cam.
3. Able to judge my bat in relation to stumps, and so able to judge width better.
4. Running between wickets was easier to judge due to not having wobble cam on.

So please @BigAntStudios. Narrow the FOV for PRo Cam to the same or even less as Close Cam. I realise that this would be no good for looking around the ground to spot the field, but you could have the FOV for that remain as it is now, and then focus in on the bowler after your release the left trigger.
A way to know which guard you are taking (ability to glance down.)
A still Pro Cam that just follows the ball.
These and all the other tweaks that are talked about (super humans, grounded strokes etc), would make this game just the best Sports Sim ever made!!! Seriously believe that! So close to perfection!

Nice post. I use Far Cam because, well I'm used to a wider screen from the broadcast cams I've used in other games. On Far Cam it is very difficult to pick up the ball once its bowled into your body, as you can't see it!

I have tried close cam, but I get too focused on the pitch and ball and forget the fielders!

lol, i would have understood demanding for it before the fielder tagging but now its totally unnecessary clutter on screen let alone some sort of massive oversight.

There's one issue I've noticed which doesn't seem to have come up in this thread before is that the AI doesn't seem to understand the privileges of a Free Hit. They just don't throw their bats at a Free Hit. Maybe once in about 20 free hits they do. But that is just coincidence I feel. This must be looked into, considering it shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

I don't know if its been mentioned before but I have been out caught on the boundary a few times in casual games where the fielder was clearly standing on the rope, I don't recall it happening in the career so maybe its an issue with the boundary size.

I don't know if its been mentioned before but I have been out caught on the boundary a few times in casual games where the fielder was clearly standing on the rope, I don't recall it happening in the career so maybe its an issue with the boundary size.
You are correct. I also had this issue and when we are fielding, we can make the fielder catch the ball by crossing the boundary rope which in the real game doesn't happen even once......

I just encountered the silliest bug of the game. So I was playing a T10 match with a friend, I scored 57/10 and I bowled him for 57 as well. Super Over started, no toss, no option to select players! nothing.... I was automatically given the bowl first, he scored 10/1 and after I bowled the last ball, here's what happened... Seriously??? ffs I didn't even get to bat in the super over -,-

PS: I know this isn't the place to report bugs but I couldn't find the original bugs reporting thread so excuse me.

Attachments

• 2014-08-22_00004.jpg
    2014-08-22_00004.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 22
I need to echo what a few people have said in various places about Pro Cam - specifically running on Pro Cam. I can live with the wobble of sorts at the non strikers end, but the main problem is seeing where the ball is in the first place. This is particularly a problem where you are walking in at the non strikers end, as your batsman almost never looks to where the ball has been struck. Often the safest solution is just taking singles, or even not running at all, since you can never see where the ball is!

Some improvement is definitely needed to make Pro Cam running more viable, since it is in theory the most immersive way to play.

Also. Pro cam bowling and fielding please? Pleeease? :D

Users who are viewing this thread