Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Considering how often people do it accidentally, clicking down on the right analogue stick might be a good block button.

I was thinking maybe an emergency jam the bat down on the ball as quickly as possible sort of thing might work.

And this is purely speculative but I really think it would be a huge improvement if you could trigger an emergency defensive after an initial attacking shot selection, if there is still a reasonable amount of time before the ball arrives.

Currently there are moments where I know I've started the wrong shot quite early, but the option to adapt it into a defensive shot as I would in real life isn't there. If I could act on that impulse and switch my shot I think I'd save myself from the odd dismissal in a satisfying way, and I'd feel a greater degree of control over my batting in general.

I was thinking maybe an emergency jam the bat down on the ball as quickly as possible sort of thing might work.

And this is purely speculative but I really think it would be a huge improvement if you could trigger an emergency defensive after an initial attacking shot selection, if there is still a reasonable amount of time before the ball arrives.

Currently there are moments where I know I've started the wrong shot quite early, but the option to adapt it into a defensive shot as I would in real life isn't there. If I could act on that impulse and switch my shot I think I'd save myself from the odd dismissal in a satisfying way, and I'd feel a greater degree of control over my batting in general.

Some way of triggering an emergency leave as well would be just as useful/realistic.

I definitely agree with the idea of an emergency defensive shot you can use to somewhat get yourself out of trouble. It needn't always work (doesn't in real life), but the option is certainly felt by its absence.

I would also love for the straight drive to be made a viable scoring shot. It's nice that bowlers now drop most of them so it isn't a guaranteed wicket, but it's still unrealistically difficult to score straight down the ground (unless you loft it). Another thing that would be helpful would be if drives (and cuts/pulls come to think of it) played with just the analogue sticks had a better chance of staying along the ground rather than floating along at fielder height.

Last edited:
Things i have started noticing that need some work:
Batsman not grounding the bat when returning on a cancelled run.
More often these days the outer fielders seem to walk to the ball, instead of running. Especially those in the area behind the bowler.
When you score a 50/100 etc it shows the aerial map of your shots. Then it says Press A to continue. However it skips past it after 5 seconds. Would be nice if it did not skip it so quickly and let you manually do it.

How about fixing the leaving the ball animation so you don't drag your foot out ofthe crease and get stumped EVERY time you leave a ball from a spin bowler?

Improvement Wishlist

Batting:
  1. The batsmen should be able to play paddle sweep shot when the bowl is bowled outside leg stump. (Tendulkar and Lara best paddle sweepers. the bowl goes right behind the batsmen).
  2. The ability to play aggressive/slog sweeps and reverse sweeps. I would like to hit a six on a reverse sweep.
  3. Abilty to play Advanced ground shots (coming down the wicket or walking down the wicket to play ground shots)
  4. Better direction for advance block. currently its very difficult to play directed advanced block as the direction stick is used in executing the shot while no option for direction is available.
  5. The batsman on non striker end rushes back to bowling crease after every dot ball in an awkward annoying style as if he is going to get runout on everyball, need better style here.
  6. Inclusion of a local multiplayer cooperative mode.
  7. Batsman should be able to check on screen field position (on screen field radar) by pressing a button or by turning on an option through menu.
Bowling
  1. It would be nice if the bowler is able to bowl special delivery (Yorker,bouncer,special spin) after taking a wicket. (to make it valuable the bowler should get this special delivery only after first new wicket- no special after consecutive wickets).
  2. Need a better way to bowl deliveries outside off, on off, on the stumps or on legstump. currently its very difficult to bowl at different lines as the stick cant be moved prescisely at last jump.
Others
  1. Need better camera angles after the batsman hits the shot. current camera angles are not satisfactory.
  2. No Cheerleaders or option to turn off or male dancers like Pakistan-Bangladesh.

Emergency block/leave is a great suggestion - it could also lead to context sensitive animations where the batsman looks like he's panicked/uncomfortable, like if you initially try to drive a yorker off the back foot and switch to an emergency block, you may have a chance to to jam the bat down and dig it out but it won't look textbook, it could also produce more natural looking and greater variety in bowled/lbw situations as well as making the batsman look shaken by bouncers etc.

This could be tied in with player attributes and confidence so that well set batsmen can deal with the emergency blocks/leaves better than tailenders for example.

Not something I'd expect in a patch though, as it would require a rework of the animations to add more of them and blend them smoothly, but I think this is a great idea for the future.

Patch 2 set x (on PS3) as a leave, so maybe O as an emergency jam the bat down defensive stroke is a good shout.
I get caught at cover point far more frequently since patch 2, maybe tone this down a little bit.
The lag on PS3 is an issue.
Fielders slowly wandering the outfield as the AI runs singles and fielders 'flopping' on the ball near the boundary need adjusting.
The AI isn't aggressive enough in limited overs, in my opinion. They only usually 200 in 50 overs and 120 in T20's.

Bowling
  1. It would be nice if the bowler is able to bowl special delivery (Yorker,bouncer,special spin) after taking a wicket. (to make it valuable the bowler should get this special delivery only after first new wicket- no special after consecutive wickets).
  2. Need a better way to bowl deliveries outside off, on off, on the stumps or on legstump. currently its very difficult to bowl at different lines as the stick cant be moved prescisely at last jump.

It's rare that a disagree with someone on here so much about suggestions, but:

1. "Special deliveries" are gimmicky rubbish that I hope to never see in this series, the bowling is wonderful at this time, the best part of the game
2. There is no need to change how to get the line, it's brilliant at this point, it takes practice but offers so much depth to the bowling

On thing that might be a good addition is the ability to select skill levels to the varying match type in career mode, as it is you go up 2 levels, 1 when you reach #2 helmet rating and another when you get to international, and as I understand it once you've gone up 2 levels you don't go up or down, so where you found it all easy at first, even county cricket will be on pro. i think it would be cool to be able to set say t20 county games at rookie, pro 40 and 1st class at amateur, international t20, IPL and ODI at pro and test at veteran or whatever your preference may be. Just an idea, what do you guys think?

Option to save the Interactive Replay? Might prove handy while posting bugs as well as an easy alternative to recording without any frame loss. In my case, I'm unable to record and play at the same time because of the low end PC, so this feature would be very helpful.

- Fix zombie fielders!!!

119825d1393239278-don-bradman-cricket-academy-beta-99-94d-available-now-zombieian-cricket-2014-early-beta-graphics.gif

Improvement Wishlist

Batting:
  1. The batsmen should be able to play paddle sweep shot when the bowl is bowled outside leg stump. (Tendulkar and Lara best paddle sweepers. the bowl goes right behind the batsmen).
  2. The ability to play aggressive/slog sweeps and reverse sweeps. I would like to hit a six on a reverse sweep.
  3. Abilty to play Advanced ground shots (coming down the wicket or walking down the wicket to play ground shots)
  4. Better direction for advance block. currently its very difficult to play directed advanced block as the direction stick is used in executing the shot while no option for direction is available.
  5. The batsman on non striker end rushes back to bowling crease after every dot ball in an awkward annoying style as if he is going to get runout on everyball, need better style here.
  6. Inclusion of a local multiplayer cooperative mode.
  7. Batsman should be able to check on screen field position (on screen field radar) by pressing a button or by turning on an option through menu.

Others
  1. Need better camera angles after the batsman hits the shot. current camera angles are not satisfactory.

+1
:thumbs

----------

:lol :P

Last edited:
Just to throw a spanner in the works...has BA even confirmed that patch 3 is in the works? Im just asking because at some point they will have to think about the next installment of the game - no point in patching and medicating the game into semi-perfection and then making it almost impossible to improve upon with a future release...

Not sure how much business sense it would make to continue releasing patch 3, 4 etc etc..

Users who are viewing this thread