Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Updated my post. Damn if everything on it is released then we might as well rename it as DBC15! Also added in a feature when the keeper passes the ball to someone near him who shines the ball.

I think it we would be talking more like DBC 20.;)

just a thought, maybe add the option to press the lofted trigger and the sweep shot bumper together to hit a slog sweep.

LT + RB = slog sweep (XBOX):)

Okay :

AI Batting :
*Situation Awareness (Like They don't even try to hit a free hit now)
*Less Aerial Shots, More Grounded Shots, no weird shots to third man and fine leg for sixes.
*AI Should Take Risky Singles , Twos, Threes sometimes and should also Run Out currently they are impossible to run out.
*AI can't be stumped so far I played 2 dozen matches and couldn't stump them.
even though sometimes a bug appears when a AI batsman gets a twitchy animation and the keeper automatically stumps him with ease even though he was in the crease doing that twitchy animation...
*Umpires are too damn good on nicks and lbws (I Love this features but it maybe it should be loosened a bit?)

USER Batting:
*Good,Bad Timing Display option.
*Slog Sweep(for both AI and user)
*More Realistic Shots (For both AI and user)
*The Bowling end batsman always runs back after every delivery when you don't run.
*The Non-Striker Should Try to avoid oncoming ball from the batsman
*When Sometimes trying to play to thirdman the ball hits the bat and pad.

Fielders :

*Walking Fielders towards ball, giving AI easy singles, twos.... it's very annoying.
*AI Fielding choices are very poor
*A Click Noise coming every time someone picks / grabs the ball, why ?

Cut-scenes:

*Cut-scenes need to be worked and shown from "just before the ball hits the bat" not show a flying ball going for six etc...

Third Umpire:
*I'm sure it haven't been pointed out so far but a third umpire replay is very short and a bit fast so it's very unreal please make it a bit longer and in real slow-mo so third umpire animation would be interesting.....

Bowling :

No complaints here :)

Thanks for this great game I will add more as I remember. :cheers

----------

6) look at the zone of influence for all fielders. They cover too much ground, too quickly, and the amount of ground they have to cover has no effect on their lieklihood of making a catch. For every 10m they have to cover, they should be losing 10% probability of making a catch/stopping the ball.

This is most important...

Last edited:
I would like to be able to put the career player in a team, once created to make a career player XI.

for me, on the user batting I would like to see.

* Late shots go into the ground. if the bat's late, it's pointing down, it's a weaker shot but it doesn't result in lofting the ball every single time.
* Same with playing a 6 late, the result should be a ball that doesn't get up enough, not one that launches into the air.
* the outfield is too slow, if you hit a drive to a completely vacant area once in a blue moon it's not going to make the boundary (usually when it's late so it's hit the ground and slowed down, something that never happens in DBC) I'm hitting shots that fly through the air for 20 feet and still grind to hault before the boundary ot are caught from a guy running the distance of the field.
* reaction time of the bowler toned down. fair enough close in fielders having quick reactions, they're waiting for it, a bowler bowling then immediately jumping 6 feet to his right to block the ball is nonsense when it happens every single time.
* fielders in the deep still too fast, I don't mind them up close but a straight hit fielder covers both long on and long off due to their fantastic speed.
*better foot placement. I've gotten out bowled because when I tried to play a glance my player basically teleported to outside off stump, if i had moved across a bit fair enough but try and get a system that helps the player, not makes the game even more punishing. another time I got out to a ball going comfortably down leg because I pushed a straight forward defensive, only my batsman lept miles to the onside so it ended up catching an outside edge. fair enough if I miss it, but it should have been an inside edge at least.
*still think most bowlers are too fast, make the fast and fast-medium bowlers the equivalent of about 5 miles slower. in some ways this is people that edited the games fault as they loaded teams with fast bowlers so I'm going to fix this myself. boyd ranking is not a 90pmh fast bowler for example.

if more was done to help bowler you could actually put more extreme movement in the pitch and stuff. i.e. it would make batting on a green top hard but batting on a flat top a lot easier. which would be closer to reality.

Last edited:
My top asks/requests for patch 3...

1. Allow standard hook/pull & cut shots (the ones played without any trigger buttons) to be hit along the ground. Rest all the shots are fine as they are.

2. Reduce the variance in bowling speeds for fastest & slowest deliveries that can be bowled by bowlers in the game. The variance for any bowler has to be within a 20 kph range, i.e. 155-135 kph for fast, 140-120 for fast medium and 115-95 for medium. Those should be the limits else it leads to cheesing either online or AI. I'm getting sick of the no. of times I get LBW or bowled due to loopy slower deliveries in career mode. In real life a 110 kph long hop would be hammered by club cricketers but in a video game it isn't that easy to deal with especially when the bowler's top speed is 140+.

3. Fix the remaining online bugs. E.g., batsman given not out when bowled or batsman bowled when the ball is nowhere close to stumps.

Rest of the stuff such as better AI field sets, enhanced AI and better edge physics (or more edges with wide variety of edges) is more a next iteration thing than a patch IMO and I hope will get addressed in DBC 15 (or 16).

Rest of the stuff such as better AI field sets, enhanced AI and better edge physics (or more edges with wide variety of edges) is more a next iteration thing than a patch IMO and I hope will get addressed in DBC 15 (or 16).

These things unless BA have coded completely differently to ever other cricket game before it could be patched in to some degree. I say this as I have addressed all these points on Ea's games previously

It depends if they have the will and inclination I guess?

These things unless BA have coded completely differently to ever other cricket game before it could be patched in to some degree. I say this as I have addressed all these points on Ea's games previously

It depends if they have the will and inclination I guess?

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, these things are easy to tweak (not a swear filter) but extremely hard to balance. For example, let's say Big Ant modify the game to add more edges but they will need to test the game extensively to see the game doesn't become too hard for majority and that it doesn't break anything else.

Gameplay balancing takes lots of time & effort, and if you are talking about modifying edges or enhanced AI it will require extensive testing of the game which may not be feasible in this iteration. I'm talking from my experience of playing Madden series and even trying to find the right set of sliders takes a community of hardcore gamers ages to get right. Tweaking things may be easy but getting them right will take lots of effort which would make more sense to be part of next iteration else we may be left with a game neither here nor there.

well they need to let me do it then as I have done it on previous cricket games no problem ;)

Edit: plus if edges not addressed (the frequency certainly) I would eventually stop playing game

Last edited:
well they need to let me do it then as I have done it on previous cricket games no problem ;)

That's what EA does with Madden and that's why you have communities of users /gamers trying to get the right slider settings to reflect a realistic game of NFL (football).

IMO Big Ant can go with providing sliders for most of the gameplay elememts the way EA does with Madden. You should be able to tweak slider settings related to batting, bowling, fielding, catching, reaction time, edges etc. for both human user and AI to get the right experience for you. If you want less edges when you are batting, lower the human user edge setting and conversely increase the same for AI.

Big Ant can tie these slider settings to DBC/Cricket Academy and ensure these are managed in the academy itself as part of your profile. This will stop the pirates from tweaking and customizing the game and force more users to purchase the game.

for me, on the user batting I would like to see.

* Late shots go into the ground. if the bat's late, it's pointing down, it's a weaker shot but it doesn't result in lofting the ball every single time.

* the outfield is too slow, if you hit a drive to a completely vacant area once in a blue moon it's not going to make the boundary (usually when it's late so it's hit the ground and slowed down, something that never happens in DBC) I'm hitting shots that fly through the air for 20 feet and still grind to hault before the boundary ot are caught from a guy running the distance of the field.

* reaction time of the bowler toned down. fair enough close in fielders having quick reactions, they're waiting for it, a bowler bowling then immediately jumping 6 feet to his right to block the ball is nonsense when it happens every single time.

* fielders in the deep still too fast, I don't mind them up close but a straight hit fielder covers both long on and long off due to their fantastic speed.

1.)I agree with this...

2.)Yes this needs to be rectified as well...I have run 4 many times...

3.)For me they don't even attempt catches sometimes...Its irritating and the fielder reacts late...For shots played closer to boundary the fielder is like "What should I do now" and walks here and there and then fields the ball...Its not nice to see that visually..

----------

I would like addition of moving forward the crease atleast 2 steps for an aggressive approach...:)

following on from the conversation @zimrahil and @cricket_online have had, i'd say i really want to see a big improvement, via patching, of the AI field-placing and a few other things in this iteration. without it, i'd be highly unlikely to buy a DBC15 (or whatever iteration) until reviews were in and i saw there was an improvement.

it's churlish not to recognise that this game is overall a huge improvement in cricket gaming, and some elements (principally the controls and removal of pitch-markers) are quantum-leap improvements. equally, it's one-eyed not to note that at the same time there are things wrong in DBC that i don't recall other games getting wrong.

i played lara 96 and it's follow ups on mega-drive and ps1, and the EA 2004(or 5?) game on ps3, and i don't recall any of them having issues like the frankly nonsensical AI field-placings (and constant field changes), spinners regularly opening the bowling, extremely infrequent AI-edging, and lack of appreciable difference in conditions. (even in the first lara, batting on a green top, a cracked dust bowl, and hard pitch were three very different experiences, in DBC they're essentially the same).

i'd like to at least see them moving in the right direction on some or all of these before i would go for a second iteration.

I just noticed that there are many gameplay improvements in the latest update... like better replays.... cutscenes, AI Try to run and sometimes take risky runs.. their batting is very aggressive and fielding is much better by them now....

following on from the conversation @zimrahil and @cricket_online have had, i'd say i really want to see a big improvement, via patching, of the AI field-placing and a few other things in this iteration. without it, i'd be highly unlikely to buy a DBC15 (or whatever iteration) until reviews were in and i saw there was an improvement.

it's churlish not to recognise that this game is overall a huge improvement in cricket gaming, and some elements (principally the controls and removal of pitch-markers) are quantum-leap improvements. equally, it's one-eyed not to note that at the same time there are things wrong in DBC that i don't recall other games getting wrong.

i played lara 96 and it's follow ups on mega-drive and ps1, and the EA 2004(or 5?) game on ps3, and i don't recall any of them having issues like the frankly nonsensical AI field-placings (and constant field changes), spinners regularly opening the bowling, extremely infrequent AI-edging, and lack of appreciable difference in conditions. (even in the first lara, batting on a green top, a cracked dust bowl, and hard pitch were three very different experiences, in DBC they're essentially the same).

i'd like to at least see them moving in the right direction on some or all of these before i would go for a second iteration.

It's a strange one, this.

I think, so far, I've probably had more fun with International Cricket 2010, but the challenge - and potential - is much greater here (apart from bowling which, at Pro level at least, is far too easy to get wickets as a pure batsmen). I also felt more control over my shots and ability to find gaps in the field on IC10, too and the fielding was much more sensible.

That said, I love the career mode (which is all I'll ever play) and hope patching helps to tackle some of the issues in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread