Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

any ETA on patch 3? Really looking forward to the co-op mode.
Willing to wait though. No pressure on Big Ant.

My Suggestions for patch 3

1.i would suggest that when batsman make the 50 or century his team should give a standing applause from the pavilion.

2. Add Ball camera so ball can be visible how high bowl is going and how far is bowl being smashed like we have in cricket 2004 /Cricket revolution & brian lara series.

3. Add more crowd and noises in the ground with different drums and music when wicket taken or boundaries hit.

4. Capture every player individual batting and bowling styles at least when they taken a wicket .

Game can be improved when we keep all the cricket version in the game and put it in to the game with creativity and optimization

----------

last but not least most important please add LAN NETWORK game play so we can play with friends with different computers on LOCAL AREA NETWORK

1. Keep "Retired Hurt" option as it was in EA cricket 2004, so that other players should get chance...
2. Need "Batting partnership" chart
3. View "Scoreboard" after every over(Batting & Bowling)...

1.i would suggest that when batsman make the 50 or century his team should give a standing applause from the pavilion.

2. Add Ball camera so ball can be visible how high bowl is going and how far is bowl being smashed like we have in cricket 2004 /Cricket revolution & brian lara series.

3. Add more crowd and noises in the ground with different drums and music when wicket taken or boundaries hit.

4. Capture every player individual batting and bowling styles at least when they taken a wicket .

Game can be improved when we keep all the cricket version in the game and put it in to the game with creativity and optimization

----------

last but not least most important please add LAN NETWORK game play so we can play with friends with different computers on LOCAL AREA NETWORK

Its a patch not a new game...

1. I'd like to see basic information when selecting lineups (eg. Ross Taylor - Right Arm Batsman - Right Arm Off Spin - Batting 4/5 stars - Bowling 1/5 stars).

2. Include turn for off spinners when bowling their stock delivery around the wicket. They are currently armballs atm.

3. Finally, nullify drift when a bowler's drift skill is zero. Currently even with zero drift, the ball swerves a large amount especially on the stock ball.

----------

This is a patch not a brand new game we are talking about. Let's be realistic.

Also don't forget the game has only been released (on PC) since the end of June. Let's give it time shall we?

One thing that annoys me is the certain niggling issues with batting making it unenjoyable. I do not bat often anymore as it is not fun for me. Bowling seems to be more fun.

- The lofted shot to square leg is the most annoying shot in the game. You could be on a 100 seeing the ball like a giant basketball, but there is always a bouncer around the corner with your name on it which you will pull to square leg no matter how well you time it. Sometimes it will be to the left or right of square leg but he will pull out a diving catch and get you out.

- Fielders seem to run faster than Usain Bolt at times. I needed 3 runs to win off the last ball from a recent T20 match and I looked around the field and saw mid on was inside the circle and they did not have a long on. There was a deep mid wicket fielder at a cow corner position. So I thought I am doing down town over mid off and if I miss hit it at least there will be a three if I can clear him. I made good contact and it sailed above his head and looked to be a nice one bounce to the boundary 4 but deep mid wicket came running around the boundary and took a diving catch exactly where long on would be to dismiss me. I have seen similar catches where mid on runs back and takes the ball out on the boundary. Sometimes there is no point in hitting to a vacant area on the field as a fielder will suddenly appear from somewhere to take a diving catch. Not really run playing limited overs with such fielding by the AI.

- It is impossible to play a glide shot off the front foot. In real cricket this is an easy shot and most batsman glide it down to third man off the front foot to get an easy single. If you do this in this game and the ball is slightly shot he will try and play a front foot cut shot and you will get bowled.

- I wish there was a square drive in this game off the front foot.

- I have been dismissed so many times when I try and use the foot placement with the LS and the batsman starts walking across his stumps when the bowler runs in and when the ball is leg side he gets bowled. I am not sure if I am doing this wrong or using the foot placement makes the batsman walk across the crease. Sometimes even if my RS is not straight down the pitch and slightly to the left or right he will start walking across the crease. I have had so many dumb dismissals this way.

- I don't know if its me but many times I have aimed the RS to play through long on but my player plays a cover drive. Sometimes I aim for a nice drive down the ground past the bowler but he plays to mid on. Maybe it is my controller I am not sure.

You just do not seem in control when batting. Even with 4 star batsmen outside career mode the same problems above exist. The confidence meter should also have an influence when you build it up you should find batting easier. But it doesn't seem to be the case. I do not bat anymore and and find bowling much better and less frustrating currently. I hope they can really sort the batting out as its really just not enjoyable the way it is now. While Cricket 2007 is a real inferior game to DBC14, at least you felt in control while batting.

Last edited:
I use las at 12 o clock or 6 o clock positions only this saves the batsman from shuffling across the crease and use an outside leg stump stance.

Try to see if the fielder is there at short mid wicket and square leg, if positive use both triggers to play a grounded pull shot, you need to calculate the risk while batting to enjoy. I am using close batsman camera.

Practice this in casual matches at veteran difficulty before going in career mode as batting dismissal of career player is pretty frustrating.

- Fielders seem to run faster than Usain Bolt at times... Sometimes there is no point in hitting to a vacant area on the field as a fielder will suddenly appear from somewhere to take a diving catch. Not really run playing limited overs with such fielding by the AI.

There's another thread discussing this. I agree that the fielders are just psychic about taking long running catches. As soon as the ball is in the air they run directly to the exact spot where the ball will fall, while a real fielder couldn't know the final catching point so early and might not even get a hand on it.

- It is impossible to play a glide shot off the front foot. In real cricket this is an easy shot and most batsman glide it down to third man off the front foot to get an easy single. If you do this in this game and the ball is slightly shot he will try and play a front foot cut shot and you will get bowled.

It's true that opening the face of the bat on defensives to run the ball down to third man is an incredibly common shot, and much more common and less risky than the late cut, which the game gives you instead.

- I have been dismissed so many times when I try and use the foot placement with the LS and the batsman starts walking across his stumps when the bowler runs in and when the ball is leg side he gets bowled. I am not sure if I am doing this wrong or using the foot placement makes the batsman walk across the crease. Sometimes even if my RS is not straight down the pitch and slightly to the left or right he will start walking across the crease. I have had so many dumb dismissals this way.

There are quite a few of us trying to work out why this happens. Best guess at the mo is that the game is mangling the LS input somehow, because otherwise I just don't see what I'm doing wrong.

One thing that annoys me is the certain niggling issues with batting making it unenjoyable. I do not bat often anymore as it is not fun for me. Bowling seems to be more fun.

- The lofted shot to square leg is the most annoying shot in the game. You could be on a 100 seeing the ball like a giant basketball, but there is always a bouncer around the corner with your name on it which you will pull to square leg no matter how well you time it. Sometimes it will be to the left or right of square leg but he will pull out a diving catch and get you out.

- Fielders seem to run faster than Usain Bolt at times. I needed 3 runs to win off the last ball from a recent T20 match and I looked around the field and saw mid on was inside the circle and they did not have a long on. There was a deep mid wicket fielder at a cow corner position. So I thought I am doing down town over mid off and if I miss hit it at least there will be a three if I can clear him. I made good contact and it sailed above his head and looked to be a nice one bounce to the boundary 4 but deep mid wicket came running around the boundary and took a diving catch exactly where long on would be to dismiss me. I have seen similar catches where mid on runs back and takes the ball out on the boundary. Sometimes there is no point in hitting to a vacant area on the field as a fielder will suddenly appear from somewhere to take a diving catch. Not really run playing limited overs with such fielding by the AI.

- I wish there was a square drive in this game off the front foot.

- I don't know if its me but many times I have aimed the RS to play through long on but my player plays a cover drive. Sometimes I aim for a nice drive down the ground past the bowler but he plays to mid on. Maybe it is my controller I am not sure.

You just do not seem in control when batting. Even with 4 star batsmen outside career mode the same problems above exist. The confidence meter should also have an influence when you build it up you should find batting easier. But it doesn't seem to be the case. I do not bat anymore and and find bowling much better and less frustrating currently. I hope they can really sort the batting out as its really just not enjoyable the way it is now. While Cricket 2007 is a real inferior game to DBC14, at least you felt in control while batting.

Ive played hours upon hours of "practice matches" in the match practice view , setting bowler and batsmen skill to very good on Veteran Difficulty.

Then I will Hit 6 shots with the same basic inputs , and see the different animations.

Basically , the game compensates and makes an equation between the inputs your giving , and the line/length of the ball. If the two correspond , your shot will go exactly to where you intended.

If the ball is say , slighly wider than your straight drive input want , the game then will compensate a bit and give you a straightish "off" drive .

If the ball is still wider , you can then either edge it , or totally miss it with a totally wrong animation playing out accordingly , to the ball that was bowled.

It all seems to make sense , but it leaves one with a feeling of not allways being in control of your shots , whereas previous games , if you fixed the hitting Cone to the Cover Drive Angle , it WILL hit it there or just miss the ball.

I prefer BigAntStudio`s solution to slightly wrong inputs though.

While Cricket 2007 is a real inferior game to DBC14, at least you felt in control while batting.

Agree with these 3 in particular, especially running the ball down to third man when there is only a 1st slip and gully. That should be a fairly safe shot but instead is high risk because it isn't grounded (and the animation to play the shot is so slow?)

What is a bit frustrating is that whilst a lot of my dismissals have been my fault, there are times where I really don't feel that they were - edges to a straight ball, which was played with the same timing exactly the ball before - it feels a bit artificial. And I've said this many times already, but I still get a fair few edges given where there's absolutely no indication that I've hit it (no sound, no deviation on the ball's flight or spin and poring over the interactive replay shows nothing). Those dismissals really annoy me. Is it not possible to get vibration on the Xbox controller on PC?

It works the other way with bowling, too. I've mentioned before that I don't feel I've ever earned a wicket, more that the batsmen has given it away.

Users who are viewing this thread