Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Whenever patch 3 comes, after updating the game, will the changes appear in careers that were started before it ???
I doubt that could be said with any certainty until they know exactly what is fixed and how.

Most likely some fixes will be on existing careers and some would require new careers

Its pretty bad, in that case. The changes should reflect, otherwise we will have to again and again start a new career, whenever a major update comes.
I want to see myself retire on a high.

Its pretty bad, in that case. The changes should reflect, otherwise we will have to again and again start a new career, whenever a major update comes.
I want to see myself retire on a high.

the nature of the structure of the career mode is it takes a snapshot, so that you can't for example set all opponents to zero skills. now i think it should allow cosmetic changes made in the academy to go into ongoing careers, but your request is something different.

a patch is fixes and additions. some will be minor and some will be major. it's in the nature of software development that not every change can be backwards compatible.

I will have to say this again that thing called leaderboard which would hardly be useful for a pool of 1000 players has eaten up a lot of options that otherwise would have been easier to implement.

3.) That's for loading the field not a fancy thing so cannot be changed...

Oh, is that confirmed it is not a cosmetic thing?

Today I played a game where I scanned through the field to see gaps in deep so I can play aggressive shot. A ball later, I played in one of those places and found a fielder. There was no camera sweep this time for field change, and I believe I've observed many other instances where camera sweep was not done but field still changed.

Anyways, I still find it strange that field change would require that much time to load (just thinking from previous cricket games perspective where there was almost no delay). Hope this can be implemented - just a minor irritant.

Today I played a game where I scanned through the field to see gaps in deep so I can play aggressive shot. A ball later, I played in one of those places and found a fielder. There was no camera sweep this time for field change, and I believe I've observed many other instances where camera sweep was not done but field still changed.

Anyways, I still find it strange that field change would require that much time to load (just thinking from previous cricket games perspective where there was almost no delay). Hope this can be implemented - just a minor irritant.

Yeah, I always thought the transitions were for field changes, but now fielders seem to just appear after a ball. Perhaps the transitions are for field changes that aren't in your immediate view?

Camera sweeps happen only when major field change happens not when one or two field positions are changed....Yes it is confirmed that its not a cosmetic thing...

Field changes are one of the several important bits of match information that are only given by having the commentary turned on.

Really need to add that to the HUD, along with the short ball limit, overs until a new ball and weather conditions.

A good implementation might be to just automatically have you switch into the through the eyes view with a cut to where the new fielder is. Especially as the over the head camera shows the old field setting - not even them moving into place.

Some small changes and things that need to be fixed.
I am playing career and very often when you play a 4 day game and the commentators start talking they start with "good evening". Uhmmm, its the morning of day 1.
Maybe change that they only use the "Hi".
When running between the wickets the 2 little guys at the bottom of the screen will loose their helmuts and bats when they get close to the crease.
My only other issue is the fielders walking to the ball, otherwise all good.

A good implementation might be to just automatically have you switch into the through the eyes view with a cut to where the new fielder is. Especially as the over the head camera shows the old field setting - not even them moving into place.

I think I'd prefer a blimp cam to see field changes. It's the ideal tactical view, and given that DBC is basically TV presentation plus third or first person batting, I don't understand the insistence that we have to check the field in first person.

Just an instantaneous cut to a blimp view with no time taken out of the game with sweeping cameras or anything like that seems ideal to me. Dead simple and quick.

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this but being able to hit low advance shots would be a good feature..... the AI can do it so would be good to have a way to do it too.

Love this game. Been playing cricket games since Test Match on ZX Spectrum. This is head and shoulders above anything else in the genre.
My wish list for patch 3 are.
1. Fix the upward hitting shots as discussed a hundred times on this forum. For me I am hitting the same parts of the field and avoiding a large array of shots (that I would love to play) due to not wanting to play near a fielder.

2. I love Pro Cam. With no ball visual aids it really gives me the feeling of being in the middle. But I never felt sea sick when I used to play cricket. So when at non strikers end, please keep camera still and focused on striker. When running, keep head wobble to minimum. Follow the ball, because it is so hard to see the ball and judge whether to take another run. Some kind of radar map, or a way to flick to Broadcast view and then back to pro cam, or allow us to choose a ball marker that only appears when ball is hit into the field, so it can be easily seen from pro cam when running. At the moment I play pro cam and have to have broadcast view on for running, this spoils the immersion for me.

3. When batting, balls (esp. from spinners) that come round the wicket are very hard to pick up as they initially start outside the line of the sight screens. Not sure if this is true of all grounds, but for many, it is a problem.

4. Allow option for us to maintain same difficulty throughout career or let it increase as is the case now.

For me, those four additions will make me very happy and keep me playing for hundreds of hours. My wife will beg to differ!

Well done BigAnt, keep up the great work.

I think I mentioned this once before in other posts that I only get chance to play DB with my Bro perhaps once or twice a week ,and what I would like to see added is in "match creation" the ability to turn off the forfeit for a missed bowling run up and want instead runs added if they do it more than twice in one over?

Something where you can either add 1 or 2 runs like you do for wide's.

My Bro and me still sometimes miss the run ups or are late on spin and while you don't mind making errors having it cost you a run or runs for every one you mess up will be a better incentive to get better at the bowling side as the constant nag screen saying a forfeit in pause is just a pain and slows the game down, would sooner we get punished on run system for poor technique.

I know its not an official run but I don't think the forfeit is either?

Also can we have the ability to alter our characters Gear and Face as you change over time?

Oh and one more how about an editor that we can all use to make changes to shirts, gear etc., not all of use have the great skills of some of the members here so some kind of tool to make it easy for us to try would be brilliant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread