Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

@fiction @HBK619 : In career mode, I got wickets on 5th,6th ball and 1st ball of next over but commentator didn't acknoweldge the hat-trick. He should say that the bowler is on a hat-trick however I got the XP for the same. Also is it possible to have stats for 4s and 6s hit by batsman which we generally see in detailed scorecards. Cheers.

Patch 3 requests has become a huge thread. I just hope BA continue to develop this game. There's such a fantastic base to build from and it would be extremely disappointing if it wasn't.

I wish we still had the option to change difficulty on a saved game, I used to bat at veteran but then after saving, bowl to the ai on pro. It was also worth trying this to help simulate the difference between openers and tailenders I used to bat with my first 4 batsman at amateur, then save it at the 5th wicket switching to pro then again at the 8th wicket up to legend, it made it look like the tailenders were worse players. I really don't know why they took this option away.

u
I wish we still had the option to change difficulty on a saved game, I used to bat at veteran but then after saving, bowl to the ai on pro. It was also worth trying this to help simulate the difference between openers and tailenders I used to bat with my first 4 batsman at amateur, then save it at the 5th wicket switching to pro then again at the 8th wicket up to legend, it made it look like the tailenders were worse players. I really don't know why they took this option away.

This is Not a Comedy Show , Surely One day You will ask When I bat Boundary should be 4m long and when I bowl it should be 40m long

I'll look into it when we resume work from the 5th of Jan.
Is there any chance you put a leaflet or advert in Bradman when you release it. To raise the awareness of planetcricket and that you can play leagues and cups. Some players are content with a friendly but some don't know the site exists. I am trying to scout players from all around the world at the moment to bring them here because with the game been 6 months old now I doubt many more will or it might be rare chance a new player will find the site.

u

This is Not a Comedy Show , Surely One day You will ask When I bat Boundary should be 4m long and when I bowl it should be 40m long

Not at all, I am just asking for batting and bowling levels to be made independent of each other, (like it used to be), .....oh and for people not to use unnecessary capitalization!

Have a great new year.

Not at all, I am just asking for batting and bowling levels to be made independent of each other, (like it used to be)
I'm pretty sure it was never an option in this game to do that. I certainly agree it should be an option - but it's not one that existed and was removed.

I'm pretty sure it was never an option in this game to do that. I certainly agree it should be an option - but it's not one that existed and was removed.

Hmmmm, I'm convinced that when you picked your sides for the game after you had saved it, you could press (square on PS3) to edit match settings and thereby changing skill levels, however most certainly now pressing square does nothing, but yes Matt should be an option.
I have created minor counties sides, I had Dorset v Northumberland had it at legend level the ai batted like a team of Bradmans against me and I struggled, but at amateur level I got them out fairly easily and scored far too many myself, in an ideal world I would have batted at legend, (which was fun), but bowled at pro.
Apart from this one thing to me it is a fantastic game and like almost everybody else cannot wait for patch 3.

A mini map with the field placings on it while batting would be nice. Also, would be great to be able to reset the earned stats for each player. And yes, less direct hits from fielders would be good. It's ridiculous how regularly they hit the stumps.

Big Ant won't put a mini map and that's a good thing IMO you can already scan the field as it is

The AI batting in T20 is bad and needs fixed more than anything else in this game. They don't look to score at more than 6 or 7 per over no matter what difficulty you play on and regardless of the number of wickets they have in hand. This is my only complaint with the game and I would love to see it fixed in patch 3.

Big Ant won't put a mini map and that's a good thing IMO you can already scan the field as it is

I hope they do from online gaming perspective. It takes a lot of time off the game while playing online as your opponents are changing the field every other delivery or over. You literally have to hold up the play for a few seconds every other delivery which if you factor in a T20 is lot of mins lost. Again, this field radar/map can be "optional". If you don't want to use it, don't. But I don't see any reason why it can't make it to the game as it won't change the intuitive nature of the game as it's not something like a pitch/ball marker.

Definitely need altering line-ups. Victoria are currently playing with 3 spinners (inc. myself).

Also, just opened the bowling with Jon Holland and myself who both bowl spin. Not the smartest idea, I don't think.

I hope that I don't sound like I'm complaining but I would like to see these things

1. More reward for bowling a good line and length (I constantly have batsmen playing and missing but barely an edge. And when I stray a little bit they try and heave it for six even after playing and missing 12 deliveries in a row)

2. Losing points as a batsman much the same as when you bowl a wide and lose stat points. Probably best if this happens when you get hit rather than just playing and missing.

3. EXP for hitting fours and sixes (not really needed but if you get points for running 3 you should probably get points for boundaries)

4. Deliveries aimed at the base of the stumps being played over the slip cordon for fours or sixes.. (you would rarely see this in real games other than T20. Perhaps reducing this in test matches for AI)

5. Catches being taken with fielders on their feet rather than spectacular one handed diving catches all the time.

6. Commentator announcements when a fielder has moved positions (not a biggie, but would be nice to know that cover/third man is in position when they weren't there the ball before and there's no cut scene to signal a change of fielding positions

7. Fast bowlers stopping a full blooded drive down the ground in their follow through. Most times in live cricket they aren't able to stop a drive down the ground in their follow through and might be lucky enough to get a hand/boot on it

8. Batsman moving almost a 2 feet outside off stump when playing a shot (cover drive with incorrect foot placement for the line of the ball) resulting in being bowled behind the legs. I don't mind getting out to this cause I have made an error but I would think the front foot would go to that direction and the ball would more likely hit the back leg rather than the batsman leaping to the offside to play the shot.

9. Asking for a review of a decision when the batsman has clearly edged the ball to slips or gully.

10. Many of the other things that have been reported about appeals and run outs.

Sorry for so many things and if I have repeated a few. Most of these things are minor annoyances and I still absolutely love this game. Keep up the good work

I think points 6 and 7 are very much needed for the realistic feeling of game!

Users who are viewing this thread