Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

This.

I am pretty sure @Ross has said previously that the AI do know exactly what's coming before it's coming. This of itself isn't a problem - i imagine it's the same in all cricket games – but the implementation in DBC causes the major problems of few AI edges, middle or miss, and tailender batting. Because the AI knows the exact path of the ball, you get issues where you bowl a great ball in the corridor and end up with the AI leaving the ball by backing away outside leg before the ball has even pitched…

I posted this video before but I’ll repost it now…

This is something that happens to me a lot and it is completely dispiriting. You’re forced to bowl in an unrealistic manner because good balls like this go unrewarded.

I don’t know if the AI batter code has any “uncertainty” factor built in but it doesn’t seem like it… there should be something like the path is only 90% certain for 5 helmet batter, 80% certain for 4 helmet etc. to help us get more edges, more close play and misses, hits that aren’t perfectly middle etc…

Bowling generally feels like you’re always bowling to the same batter, in the same conditions, and you get wickets that are essentially pre-determined (why does a batter who has played everything along the ground decide to hole out to mid-on out of the blue, why does a guy on 97 warp to outside off and play a completely inappropriate shot so he is bowled off his legs?). it is extremely rare in the game to feel you have earned a wicket.

The pacing issue is also very frustrating. I’ve been writing up some matches in the Match experience thread, and I’m playing a custom format where the first 3 innings of the match is closed at 90 overs (no closure in 4th innings to allow draws). I’ve bowled 3 innings to the AI and every time they’ve lasted the full 90 overs, and every time they played the last 10-20 overs as if they had 1000 overs left. Even when they were following on and needing to set some sort of target, they blocked out a lot and ended up only 29 in front. Then I’ve just had a side scoring 30 off the last 10 even though they had 3 wickets in hand… The games are enjoyable to a point, but equally I know I can win the game without bowling them out in either innings as long as I bat last – provided I don’t bat like a complete mug they will never score quickly enough to set a challenging total. This is exacerbated by the running issue as the chances are the AI have turned down anything from 30-50 runs over the course of the 90 overs not taking clear singles.

At the moment, bowling is considerably less satisfying than batting; batting suffers considerably from the AI field settings but is generally a much more complete experience that you feel you have control over. Bowling is a slot machine – you pull the lever until the game decides you can have 3 cherries.

Completely agree. I used to play one day games in full with ic2010 but now all I want to do is bat and bowl the odd over in a T20.

My big issue with bowling is that batting takes so much time to learn and perfect that I have no time to do the same with bowling. I'm a family man I can only play so much dbc14.

Hi Ross, with many other games releasing this week and the weeks to come, the attention may move away from cricket once the world cup is over. (GTA 5 is in 2 weeks)
Hope you guys are on track for release of patch 3!

Patch 3 can put DBC (already my best game of 2014-till now) on league many other games.....

Just an ardent fan blabbering :D

Fantastic points there Standogg (this guy gets it). As far as I'm concerned BigAnt should copy your post and use it as their patch 3 checklist.

Superman fielders though can be fixed by lowering arm speed/ throw accuracy/ running and acceleration via the academy. In regards to the wicket keepers I find the same with fielders in that the transition from pick up to throw needs to be far smoother as there is currently some hesitation during this process which has cost me a few run-outs while bowling.

Fantastic points there Standogg (this guy gets it). As far as I'm concerned BigAnt should copy your post and use it as their patch 3 checklist.

Superman fielders though can be fixed by lowering arm speed/ throw accuracy/ running and acceleration via the academy. In regards to the wicket keepers I find the same with fielders in that the transition from pick up to throw needs to be far smoother as there is currently some hesitation during this process which has cost me a few run-outs while bowling.

The only problem with lowering arm speed and throw accuracy is that it will impact upon bowlers.

The only problem with lowering arm speed and throw accuracy is that it will impact upon bowlers.

Throw accuracy doesn't have any impact on the bowlers as far as I can tell, if it does it's miniscule but arm speed will in regards to bowlers pace. Lowering accuracy makes the game far more realistic and results in overthrows every once in a while.
I tend to keep arm speed high because professional cricketers generally throw the ball pretty damn quickly! Strength also has an impact on fielders throwing.

So I get that the ai isn't perfect and that there is a lack of edges etc. and the batsman always knows where you're gonna bowl.
But if there was as many edges as you guys want and the keepers and slips to catch everything you would get teams out for 100 every time you played which is more unrealistic. Your career bowling average would be like 5 and you'd have best bowling figures of 10-10 which is just stupid.
And as much for the batsman knowing where you're gonna bowl every time as a pace bowler, I bet your pitch map is 6 balls in almost the same place, which in real life is the way to bowl if you wanna bore the batsman out and make them hit it to mid on or off trying to force something because they're bored. But when you watch cricket and they go back and analyse the delivery that got the batsman out, there will be 3-4 balls in the same place and then the slightly fuller one which swings a little more will be the one that gets the wicket. The good length button as a fast bowler is more of a hot the deck length which mean the swing is early enough for a batsman to pick it most of the time, in real life. In saying that, just because the batsman picks it doesn't mean he won't get out. But when I play this game I find if I bowl a few good length balls with the same timing on the stick so they are about the same length and then release the stick a little earlier so the ball is a bit fuller or hold it longer so it's a meter shorter it brings about more edges and mistimed shots etc.
So I think that part of this problem is the bowling controls haven't been explained properly.
But my advice for anyone not getting many edges to swing bowling. Bowl a full length but hold the stick long enough to bring length back a little so the batsman is trying to drive on the up rather then drive a Yorker. Still not heaps of edges but there is more.

So I get that the ai isn't perfect and that there is a lack of edges etc. and the batsman always knows where you're gonna bowl.
But if there was as many edges as you guys want and the keepers and slips to catch everything you would get teams out for 100 every time you played which is more unrealistic. Your career bowling average would be like 5 and you'd have best bowling figures of 10-10 which is just stupid.
And as much for the batsman knowing where you're gonna bowl every time as a pace bowler, I bet your pitch map is 6 balls in almost the same place, which in real life is the way to bowl if you wanna bore the batsman out and make them hit it to mid on or off trying to force something because they're bored. But when you watch cricket and they go back and analyse the delivery that got the batsman out, there will be 3-4 balls in the same place and then the slightly fuller one which swings a little more will be the one that gets the wicket. The good length button as a fast bowler is more of a hot the deck length which mean the swing is early enough for a batsman to pick it most of the time, in real life. In saying that, just because the batsman picks it doesn't mean he won't get out. But when I play this game I find if I bowl a few good length balls with the same timing on the stick so they are about the same length and then release the stick a little earlier so the ball is a bit fuller or hold it longer so it's a meter shorter it brings about more edges and mistimed shots etc.
So I think that part of this problem is the bowling controls haven't been explained properly.
But my advice for anyone not getting many edges to swing bowling. Bowl a full length but hold the stick long enough to bring length back a little so the batsman is trying to drive on the up rather then drive a Yorker. Still not heaps of edges but there is more.

Sorry, but this is a load of nonsense!!

The edge's on pro level upwards needs to be fixed, end of. The rest of your quote is just too ridiculous to bother wasting my time with.

And as much for the batsman knowing where you're gonna bowl every time as a pace bowler, I bet your pitch map is 6 balls in almost the same place, which in real life is the way to bowl if you wanna bore the batsman out and make them hit it to mid on or off trying to force something because they're bored. But when you watch cricket and they go back and analyse the delivery that got the batsman out, there will be 3-4 balls in the same place and then the slightly fuller one which swings a little more will be the one that gets the wicket.

So that's how Glenn McGrath took all those wickets, he bored the batsman :facepalm

The good length button as a fast bowler is more of a hot the deck length which mean the swing is early enough for a batsman to pick it most of the time, in real life. In saying that, just because the batsman picks it doesn't mean he won't get out.

What does this even mean?

The edge's on pro level upwards needs to be fixed, end of. The rest of your quote is just too ridiculous to bother wasting my time with.

So that's how Glenn McGrath took all those wickets, he bored the batsman :facepalm

What does this even mean?
Haha I really couldn't be bothered explaining properly between working and writing this. But basically I think, in my opinion that the game has been made so that a good length delivery is more effective for seam and cutters and fuller length is better for swing. When I first started playing I used to bowl good length after good length in the same spot and not get any edges, but once I started bowling fuller but not Yorker length I got more edges. So in short I probably could have just wrote 'I don't think good length balls are effective for swing, I think full length balls are more effective with swing as long as aren't too full'

And the glenn McGrath thing, he was real life, not a video game. He had things like variable bounce and batsman who make bad decisions etc. stuff that isn't in the game. You can't really compare the 2. But yeah, in the game in my opinion bowling good ball after good ball the batsman wants to score and then try's to slog something that isn't there.
But yeah my earlier post probably wasn't written in the best explanation, so sorry for those who couldn't figure out what I meant haha.

Here's something I'd like to see in a future patch if not patch 3. The ability to globally adjust individual characteristics. Like throw accuracy, run speed etc.

Ideally you'd be able to change them up or down to a specific number from empty to full. Then you could just go through and change the only the exceptional cases individually higher or lower. Even more specifically, it'd be good to change certain stats globally by role or team. Like pace bowlers, spin bowlers, batsmen, allrounders and wicket keepers and then only do it to specific teams. You could set one ability to whatever level for all of them and then like I said above, make changes for specific individuals. It'd make things a lot easier in editing.

In my view,reqularly players playing in real cricket and missing in dbc are,

1,hook shot six hit in square leg
2,square drive in overpitch delivery much needed shot
3,advanced grounded shot
4,slog sweep six hit
5,sweep shot need power also

in bowling need changes,

1,more slip caughts in 1,2 and 3rd slip, now happens very rarely
2,more spin in spin bowling
3,more swing in pace bowling like aus and nz
4,a1 run outs bug should be fix in patch 3

this is best cricket game ever i know and i like this game morethan other games,but before cricket 07 game contains grounded advance shot,more slip caughts,exc...

so, THE BEST CRICKET GAME DBC MUST CONTAIN ALL ABOVE POINTS for its standard,its my request as dbc fan please fix in patch 3

Users who are viewing this thread