PC demo released

The system looks fine enough to run this game! anymore details on the crash? did it enter the game?
No it didn't enter the game it was something like the "Don't Send" and "Send Error Report" type error.
If you are using Windows Vista then right click on the Cricket 2009 executable file and select Run As Administrator.
I am using XP SP2

PS: I also tried to run it in Safe Mode but the same error occurred:(

I just had a game where I noticed something that was very pleasing:

Yes, it is possible to leather the AI bowling around off the first over if they bowl too short and after the first over, I was 13/0. The next over was a better over from them, so less scoring chances, but in the third over, they started bowling short again, but must have stuck a man in where I was pulling them before - because I ended with 25/4!

I am sure that didn't happen with BLIC 2007 - the main problem with batting in that game was sixes were far too easy. In this one, pulls/hooks are easy, but the AI will punish you if you keep playing the same shot.

To follow on from this: The AI was bowling short on the offside, so I cut him a couple of times. Third time, he pulled off a blinding catch. Now, I'm undecided about where to play his bowling in case it happens again - so I get hit right in the apples. Now they start bowling full and I can't get them away. This game has soooo much potential, don't let it go to waste, Transmission! Fix the few issues and this will be amazing.

I'm sure it'll be amazing on multiplayer already.

MasterBlaster76 added 16 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Guys I am playing with the Expander and belive me the pacing issue has improved! They are going on about 3.5-4 an over and aussies are 75/1 after 19 overs. I just got a slip catch off Monty. :happy

Sounds very promising. Expander's not working for me and a few others. Did you put it in your Ashes 2009 demo folder?

Guys please excuse this question if it is stupid!

The expander is made which is a great help many thanks!

But how would the AI in the game know its been expanded and decide to bat a better suited pace?!
:help

To follow on from this: The AI was bowling short on the offside, so I cut him a couple of times. Third time, he pulled off a blinding catch. Now, I'm undecided about where to play his bowling in case it happens again - so I get hit right in the apples. Now they start bowling full and I can't get them away. This game has soooo much potential, don't let it go to waste, Transmission! Fix the few issues and this will be amazing.

I'm sure it'll be amazing on multiplayer already.

MasterBlaster76 added 16 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Sounds very promising. Expander's not working for me and a few others. Did you put it in your Ashes 2009 demo folder?
I deleted the previous post coz it sounded too much of improvement.
So I started to play normally (Me england, batting 1st, Hard) till I decided that it's been a hectic day and I need to catch some sleep. I smacked a few balls before getting bowled out for 60.
CPU started the chase pretty well. They were 12/0 after 5. Interestingly, I got 3-4 nicks to the slip which I eventually dropped. But with the normal demo, I did'nt get that amount of edges.. infact only 5-6 after playing 25 matches.
CPU finally chased the total down @ 16.3 overs.
So this expander is certainly havins some effects. Probably the number of overs resulting in decent AI.

Is there a way in the demo by which 2 people can play on the same system , one with the 360 controller and the other with the keyboard? I tried pressing buttons at the team selection screen but aparently only controller is possible at a time. Is there a work around it?

Ok i have a problem, When I try to run Ashes 09 the game does not show I really hope this isn't because of my graphics card as I cant change it as I have a laptop.
I use Windows vista and I ran it with and without administrator and the same problem happened:crying:facepalm

well i noticed a some improvement ,no crazy AI run outs and more edges after applying AbBh's Expander,
and my final Impression:-
Best cricket game i ever played :)(till now)

Ok so I played a match with the extender.
Played on Normal mode, Aus win toss and bat

It was damn near impossible to dismiss the openers, they were playing great shots and blocked good balls. 4 of the 5 top batsman were run out in the 30's and 40s. They were not glitches just risky runs.

Once the tail came in it was easy to dismiss them. They added runs but were definitly not as good batsman as the top 6.

Batting wise I started off well but ran out of patience as you can see. The game seems well paced.

Also I dismissed Aus when the ball was 50% worn so i could not see the reverse swing :(

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 47
How could a demo expander improve the game like that?

Well, it's probably debatable whether it has. The expander simply removes the overs limit - so it's infinite. The AI scored exactly 200 off me in just over 35 overs. That's 5.7 an over, but they quickened massively when the tailenders decided to smash Swann all over the park. I enjoyed the innings immensely, great fun trying to get them to make mistakes. Shame I only made 110 in reply, but I'm sure that will improve :)

downloading the demo.........56mins left.....
sine the game worked on GMA 950...i am hoping that i works on my INTEL GMA 3100

Users who are viewing this thread