PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care, anyone playing with high attributes is playing the game wrong, end of.

I hear you Dave , but how do you now compete online when when youve got the lowered attributes team , and your opponents still has Flash Gordon ?

There`s also no way for us to check or enforce this in our Online league`s , so I would also rather ask for @BigAntStudios or @HBK619 to blanket reduce this attribute`s effect

, to rectify it across the board for ALL players.

I hear you Dave , but how do you now compete online when when youve got the lowered attributes team , and your opponents still has Flash Gordon ?

There`s also no way for us to check or enforce this in our Online league`s , so I would also rather ask for @BigAntStudios or @HBK619 to blanket reduce this attribute`s effect

Well I don't really play online to be fair. But isn't there a normalise skills option?

But this is a serious point - I've been playing with lowered skills and attributes for some time. Recently I played a 5 over match with teams I hadn't lowered to get some screenshots of a mod: it was absolutely terrible, like a completely different game. Exactly that of people taking ludicrous catches, running miles to cut off boundaries etc. just utter rubbish.

Yes, Big Ant should look at that, but there's a work around and it's better they prioritise fixing things for which there isn't a work around - the online bugs, AI field setting etc.

If the guy you're playing online has supercharged fielders, he's a douchebag. Don't play him again, stick to people you know.

Adjusting attributes is a way to get better games against AI, but IMO you don't have to do the same online. The reason for the same is that online gameplay by default overcomes the AI related issues since you are playing against another human, thus you don't need to "lower" attributes to get a decent game. Online is enjoyable as it is, and the only change needed is fixing online gameplay related bugs which gives you a stable bug free gameplay experience.

Adjusting attributes is a way to get better games against AI, but IMO you don't have to do the same online. The reason for the same is that online gameplay by default overcomes the AI related issues since you are playing against another human, thus you don't need to "lower" attributes to get a decent game. Online is enjoyable as it is, and the only change needed is fixing online gameplay related bugs which gives you a stable bug free gameplay experience.

That's not true, if there are supercharged fielders.

That's not true, if there are supercharged fielders.

You gotta play online first. I've played every mode in DBC 14 and other games in general and online gameplay is always the best part by far. Online gameplay is what lends games longevity. Online is the only reason I enjoyed AC09 so much and this is what has kept me going with DBC 14. Once you start playing online you don't want to play offline modes at all. Give it a shot and you'll see the difference. Of course you've to be willing to digest hammerings initially before you start having fun but that's true for every online game out there.

Its subjective to each person though. I have played quite a few matches online and the best of it for me is the recent co op mode which is awesome in its own way, but for me offline modes are still the best of the lot mainly because of its sand box nature i mean i can go though 194 balls making just a 60 playing a dravidish knock or blaze to a hundred varied match situations etc. Online pvp unless you are playing with a friend is mostly but a loony bag of tricks. I can do that too but it just isn't fun, i like to play cricket not RPS of tricks to see who comes on top.

You gotta play online first. I've played every mode in DBC 14 and other games in general and online gameplay is always the best part by far. Online gameplay is what lends games longevity. Online is the only reason I enjoyed AC09 so much and this is what has kept me going with DBC 14. Once you start playing online you don't want to play offline modes at all. Give it a shot and you'll see the difference. Of course you've to be willing to digest hammerings initially before you start having fun but that's true for every online game out there.

I've played online, not much but I've done it, and fail to see the big deal to be honest.

But whether online or offline is irrelevant, using supercharged fielders gives a worse experience. Just because I'm playing a 10 year old boy in Gurgaon doesn't make the fielder running from mid wicket to long off to take a catch suddenly acceptable.

After updating the game crashed 3 times in offline gameplay when selecting opponent team.

Version 1.15.10 is now live for the Public Beta Version branch on Steam.

Update Notes are as follows:
  • Added ability to set a single field for all batsmen and bowlers at once.
  • Fielding selections will now carry over between bowlers.
  • Reworked AI field placement decisions and field choices.
Follow these steps to opt into the 'DBC14 Public Beta' version.

1. Open Steam Client.
2. Go to Library.
3. Right Click on Don Bradman Cricket 14.
4. Click on Properties.
5. Click on Betas tab.
6. In box marked "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:" enter code dbc14publicbeta.
7. Once code has been accepted, select the dropdown box underneath "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" and select "dbc14publicbeta - BETA VERSION".
8. Wait for game to update, when the game has updated correctly it will state "Don Bradman Cricket 14 [dbc14publicbeta]".
9. Click "Play".
10. To opt out of beta, follow steps 1-5, then select dropdown box and the option of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

Last edited:
Well, My take will be to update this program such a way that, the "normalise skills" will be implemented forcefully in all online games to have a fair competition level.

but the point is this - Big Ant are a business, who have to make money. the patch 3 process is going to be finite, there are only x time and y resources for them to spend on it. given that we as players can work around the overpowered fielders issue by reducing the settings in the academy and not playing online vs douchebags who won't reduce them, isn't it preferable the the resources go on fixing things for which we as players can't work around such as AI field setting, AI edge probability, online gameplay stability, modding extensions?

genuine question.

not playing online vs douchebags who won't reduce them

Respect to that! :D
Unfortunately; the world is filled with "those" types. And sometimes force is required to convert "douche" to "dude". ;)
being an Web developer, I don't think forcefully implementing "normalise skills" will be a massive resource consuming process. however; I'm not claiming that I'm 100% correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread