PC version 1.20.1 released

Defense trigger press it halfway and play the shot, it goes upto 30 yards circle max...The purpose is to rotate strike using this...
i'm also trying by pushing defense trigger half way but it's same as before. :(
will try more.

Hi Guys,

I'm on Patch 1.20 and i'm facing an issue regarding AI setting fields.

I'm playing a 2 innings - 20 overs limited overs game in VETERAN mode and the AI sets 5 slips 90% of the time leaving huge gaps on the offside or
the AI does not have a Midon/LongOn.

So its easy pickings for me either get easy runs in the MidOn Area or the Cover area.

Is 2 innings a problem? Maybe the AI thinks, its playing a Test match and hence those fields?

Well less said bout the batting the better. The AI just does not care bout the chasing total!

But anyway this post was bout the Fields set by the AI.

Apparently there was a fix made on the AI fields and am on 1.20 and yet i see this.

Thanks for the support

KamyFC

is this by any chance your customized 20 over match or t20?

Its customized 2 innings of 20 overs each. Total of 4 innings.
Not T20.

But is the AI fielding patch based on the competition type?

Maybe as there are 2 innings, the AI thinks its playing a test match and thus these fields?

Its customized 2 innings of 20 overs each. Total of 4 innings.
Not T20.

But is the AI fielding patch based on the competition type?

Maybe as there are 2 innings, the AI thinks its playing a test match and thus these fields?

You shouldn't expect the AI to play competitive and realistic Cricket in a Custom Match Type. It's just asking too much of any AI. Custom Match Types are great for Offline or Online Vs modes.

You shouldn't expect the AI to play competitive and realistic Cricket in a Custom Match Type. It's just asking too much of any AI. Custom Match Types are great for Offline or Online Vs modes.

I would go along with that

I can triple confirm the AI doesn't really understand the field sets for the wacky custom matches. Hoping with Matt sitting in a chair there now we can get the Super Test recognised as an official DBC format and some of the great fields we've come up with included... Especially "the flying V"

i'm also trying by pushing defense trigger half way but it's same as before. :(
It will also depend on your controller - you need to have one with analogue triggers, otherwise you will just get a block no matter what.

Also, make sure you have opted into the beta - this change won't happen if you are on 1.20.0.

I can triple confirm the AI doesn't really understand the field sets for the wacky custom matches. Hoping with Matt sitting in a chair there now we can get the Super Test recognised as an official DBC format and some of the great fields we've come up with included... Especially "the flying V"

Darn! Yeah i understand that they cant program AI for each and every custom option.
even though its not that strange and wacky custom format!
Just a T20 with 2 innings.

These are the field settings in the custom match type designer.
2015-07-26_00005.jpg

Even after powerplay the AI just has 2 fielders outside the circle.
Also the AI uses the opening bowlers until they finish their quota. Then the next 2 bowlers until they finish and so on.
Does not mix and match.

So these are the observations then playing a 2 innings 20 over game.
Its a great format and i love it but these AI issues make it unplayable, to be honest.

That is a bummer! But thanks for replying guys.

Last edited:
It will also depend on your controller - you need to have one with analogue triggers, otherwise you will just get a block no matter what.

Also, make sure you have opted into the beta - this change won't happen if you are on 1.20.0.

for make single analogue trigger half press its correct Mate?i tried many times ball running maximum 30 to 50 yards its correct?

I have Xbox wireless controller... if that's what you mean, sir.
and i have 1.20.1 beta update installed.
guess I'm pressing it completely when i hit the ball.... i have to try harder :p;)

Users who are viewing this thread