PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

I haven't had myself get bowled online and my batsman not be out - I've had it happen once where I bowled my opponent and it wasn't out though.

I figured that this would be a desync and something different would be happening for whoever I was playing, like they hit the ball on their end but that's not what I saw on my screen.

This is what it looked like for me;

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's too hard to track that down - could you instead/in addition enable the walk button a bit more liberally? Even if it prompts you to confirm you want to go.

That's a really good idea. Will look at it tomorrow.

That's a really good idea. Will look at it tomorrow.

Can you confirm the file name for Bangladesh's emblem? It seems that it is no longer being recognised by the game and it's back to the default.

Can you confirm the file name for Bangladesh's emblem? It seems that it is no longer being recognised by the game and it's back to the default.

Can't see how that would happen - @HBK619 please check.

I haven't had myself get bowled online and my batsman not be out - I've had it happen once where I bowled my opponent and it wasn't out though.

I figured that this would be a desync and something different would be happening for whoever I was playing, like they hit the ball on their end but that's not what I saw on my screen.

This is what it looked like for me;

To me seems like a connection problem on your opponent's end which is causing all of that, though could be something else I could be completely wrong, but just looking at it seems like your opponent had bad connection while playing,

If it's too hard to track that down - could you instead/in addition enable the walk button a bit more liberally? Even if it prompts you to confirm you want to go.

How will that solve the problem? Your online opponent is unlikely to walk of his own accord if given not out.

How will that solve the problem? Your online opponent is unlikely to walk of his own accord if given not out.
I pretty much only play against people I know from here - so it would be good for most of the matches I play.

Perhaps it could send some debug info about that ball to Big Ant or something when you do use it in an online match, which might help them track down the wider problem.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, as not had a Cricket game to play for ages. Loving DB14, so feel free to add me. Steam username is 'seagulls'. Happy to give someone a game soon.

Not quite got the knack of spin yet.

I pretty much only play against people I know from here - so it would be good for most of the matches I play.

Perhaps it could send some debug info about that ball to Big Ant or something when you do use it in an online match, which might help them track down the wider problem.

As a troubleshooting mechanism - yes, as a long term solution - no. Would be curious to know how Big Ant would get the debug info from consoles given they are peer to peer for online gameplay and I'm assuming they only track the win/loss info.

I'll never walk against Matt. Just putting that out there... #neverwalker

As a troubleshooting mechanism - yes, as a long term solution - no. Would be curious to know how Big Ant would get the debug info from consoles given they are peer to peer for online gameplay and I'm assuming they only track the win/loss info.

The Cricket Academy is a useful server.

So I guess my issue wasnt fixed as now its happening again and I havent edited any settings in the CCC or ingame. Here is the original problem. Its annoying that on any random day my game will just decide that it wants to cap frames at 20 FPS.

SteamID: MAtRiX
v 1.08

I am having an issue as of the latest update where my game now likes to cap its frames at 20 FPS, vsync on or not.

Before I was playing with vsync off and the game would run well past 60 FPS with no issues.

Yep, apologies on this one. The programmer that fixed up the ball sponsor and stumps updated the whitelist using the old, broken one and it made it back through again. We'll be pushing out a fix soon to re-fix this one.

So I guess my issue wasnt fixed as now its happening again and I havent edited any settings in the CCC or ingame. Here is the original problem. Its annoying that on any random day my game will just decide that it wants to cap frames at 20 FPS.

SteamID: MAtRiX
v 1.08

I am having an issue as of the latest update where my game now likes to cap its frames at 20 FPS, vsync on or not.

Before I was playing with vsync off and the game would run well past 60 FPS with no issues.
We have changed nothing in updates that would effect framerate.

What could be causing this then? My game ran at 90 FPS with vsync turned off at at 60 when it was on. I literally closed the game one night, then launched it the next morning. The only thing that couldve happened between then was Windows updates.

EDIT: So I rebooted my machine to see if that would fix anything and i got a warning saying CPU too hot. Looks like its been underclocking itself so it wouldnt overheat. Damn these record July heats.

EDIT2 : So I cleaned out my computer case and removed a video card that I wasnt using anyways cuz crossfire hadnt worked right in a while. Still having a 20 FPS issue and the CPU is now much cooler it was at 84c under load now its 57c.

Last edited:
Sounds like an issue with your machine, rather than the game, man.

Users who are viewing this thread