PlanetCricket at the Ashes Cricket 2013 Preview

Just to claify a few things.

- I'm in London for the weekend. That means I'm not going to be on here much.
- I have uploaded audio of everything for the admins to listen to and share with you
- I haven't played the game and don't have screens. There is no ETA on screens but it's hoped they will be coming very soon.
- Create a player is actually edit an existing player. Squads are large so shouldn't be a big issue. All aspects of players can be edited.
- Graphically it looks like IC10 but you can it's a step up. I especially like the Field Editor.
- Trickstar are confident that the improved physics and gameplay plus live pitch will give it longevity.

We saw a demo of the game being played. Bowling system is a yellow line bar and then length is selected second. Fielding is less of a mini-game. I will post more later but I'm staying with friends and it's hard to ignore them and spend time on here!

- Graphically it looks like IC10 but you can it's a step up.

Bowling system is a yellow line bar and then length is selected second. Fielding is less of a mini-game.

Easy to write off the game right now. It's a patched up IC10. Confirms the story. What a waste!

Just to claify a few things.

- I'm in London for the weekend. That means I'm not going to be on here much.
- I have uploaded audio of everything for the admins to listen to and share with you
- I haven't played the game and don't have screens. There is no ETA on screens but it's hoped they will be coming very soon.
- Create a player is actually edit an existing player. Squads are large so shouldn't be a big issue. All aspects of players can be edited.
- Graphically it looks like IC10 but you can it's a step up. I especially like the Field Editor.
- Trickstar are confident that the improved physics and gameplay plus live pitch will give it longevity.

We saw a demo of the game being played. Bowling system is a yellow line bar and then length is selected second. Fielding is less of a mini-game. I will post more later but I'm staying with friends and it's hard to ignore them and spend time on here!

Errr...I wish they would have gone for a different look but not a deal breaker for me. How were the animations? Still simple catches gets taken with one hand including by the wicketkeeper? How do the shot animations look? Realistic or arcady?

Errr...I wish they would have gone for a different look but not a deal breaker for me. How were the animations? Still simple catches gets taken with one hand including by the wicketkeeper? How do the shot animations look? Realistic or arcady?

One thing I would say about IC2010 was the shots were way too arcady, played very late in realistic terms and didn't look realistic at all.

so the poll thread is perfect

PATCHED VERSION OF IC10

How can you say that without even seeing a gameplay video, screenshot or played the game? How old are you, 10?

I suppose that FIFA 13 is a patched version of FIFA 12?

so the poll thread is perfect

PATCHED VERSION OF IC10

Well if they have improved the AI, fielding (along with field editor), over-powered lofted shots & batting in general, spinners actually meaning something in the game and most of all online gmeplay, the game may actually amount to something.

if the game looks like IC2010 then its a bit dissapointing...i expected a much better from AC2013... but still waiting for the game to release...

I am not much into graphics but if Colin is right, they could have atleast used new engine. I mean it's 2013 and you're making a game from scratch, so atleast make it look like a new game. But I won't be much disappointed if they have got rid of jerky animations and improved gameplay and maybe much better player models this time if we're lucky!

its 2013 and they are still using the same graphics and animations that were used in blc 2005/2007/ ashes09/ic2010 . this is dissappointing. what happened to all the people who said they cant steal previous code. its all the same we will never see a new looking cricket game ever... very dissappointed

IC10 probably had a weird bat to batsman size ratio and I believe that was one of the reasons why most of the shots looked arcady.

Colin was reminded of IC10 when he saw AC2013. The same graphics engine from AC2009 and IC10 I guess. Not excited but a little polish here and there can make it a decent looking game. The new mo-cap should make it look different.

Nothing much is revealed as far as the AI of the game is concerned except that it has improved.

I expected gameplay video/trailer but atleast am learning patience. :D

Users who are viewing this thread