Review Planetcricket.net Official Review

Hey all... Nice to see such mixed reactions to this game... and I feel lucky I did not pre-order it flowing in the wave of positive hype created before the release.

The point is ... everyone is commenting and exposing the negative things and bugs in this game.. and even I noticed lots of bugs in the Demo... But.. Is it possible.. that Heath or any one from Development Team or from Codies watching and taking notice of all these bugs... and may be .. planning to release an official patch!?? Do they really care now...

Since the release I have not seen any official coming on to this forum and respond to our questions and worries!!

They are watching and they will respond. It is unlikely that they will or can respond before the release date for the rest of the world has passed. I expect to hear from them in the near future.;)

Since the release I have not seen any official coming on to this forum and respond to our questions and worries!!

There was one comment posted by Transmission employee.. I can't seem to locate which thread it was but he just said something regarding an on-going support after the release. No mention of a patch or whatsoever.

Good sound review.

Little high for graphics - on PS3 at least you'd be generous giving 6/10. Overall the game would rate for me between 65%-70%.

As I have mentioned elsewhere the sheer randomness of the AI, the failure of the new bowling system with it's annoying 'minigames'/poorly implemented bowling speeds/ball physics and ball placement, and finally the 'dumbed down' batting kill the game for me.

To sum up I think some people on here playing the game are being sucked in by thinking they are creating wickets through good bowling etc, but I for one think such things are actually random decisions from the AI rather than to do with ball physics and movement, bowling plans etc.

Kinda like 'bowl light green spot on pitch, hit ideal spot on bowling accuracy, add in bowlers/batsmans morale of timid-bold, roll the roulette wheel and hey presto a wicket or six runs!'

Good examples are stumpings (don't have to do anything, just occurs for no real reason), runouts (I've had the AI run another when the fielder has the ball in his hands 2mtrs from the stumps!), LBW's (computer plays totally ridiculous hook shot to ball that is knee height and hits pads!), bowled (ditto LBW but instead plays aggressive hook shot to just above ankle high ball that goes between pads onto stumps) etc etc

There was one comment posted by Transmission employee.. I can't seem to locate which thread it was but he just said something regarding an on-going support after the release. No mention of a patch or whatsoever.

it was from "darkboyblunder" Or "Boydarkblunder"
And he said that "they have not forgotten about us and there will be hearing from them soon". dont know what it means but sure sounds positive. :banana2

Everyone keeps mentioning that C2k2 was patched by EA but what they don't mention is that the patch did nothing except create a registry entry labelled "files for crappy patch".

Look, I asked in the staff room what was the last one to be patched, Matt said 2002. I didn't know it was about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican! :D

Look, I asked in the staff room what was the last one to be patched, Matt said 2002. I didn't know it was about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican! :D

Ha ha, or a bat in the hand of an English number 3, 4 or 5 Test batsman. The main thing I pick up from the review, and that is quite worrying, is the fact that gameplay is just 6.5 when throughout the question and answer sessions Transmission made it clear that it was gameplay that they wanted to concentrate on. Have they messed up or are we expecting too much?

That still doesn't excuse releasing a faulty game

Well, at least it will serve as a steady base, as Colin has mentioned. After that disastrous BLIC 07, this certainly is a step in the right direction. Let's face the truth, we all hyped this game massively. Actually, I never expected this game to be complete. The previous installments had way too many bugs and glitches, and in such a short period, with such a low budget, it was just not possible to fix all of them. What they have done in such a short time is more than enough, I think. And if this trend continues, we'll soon see a complete cricket game being released. Let's be optimistic here. After the BLIC disaster, this game is a great recovery. It's incomplete, no doubt, but I'm quite satisfied, and I can already see a bright future. You shouldn't expect the Codies to jump to the last step from the first step, if you understand what I'm trying to say. BLIC 07 was an absolute ████, this game is much better, the next game will be much better than this one...that's how a thing is done. Expecting too much too soon will only lead to disappointments. The Codies are not like EA, who recycle the same ████ again and again. They have listened to us, they have taken our criticisms sportingly- this is indeed a very positive sign. A sign which says that a perfectly balanced cricket game is not that far away.

Last edited:
Good review.
I've had the game since Friday now. Some positives:
- It was available in stores in India on Aug 7th. Quite unexpected.
- Reasonably priced at Rs 1999/-
- Decent graphics overall
- Easy to update player/ squad editors, especially ability to update opposing squad vs AI.
- Better gameplay than most games so far

Negatives:
- Player likeness poor even for licensed players
- AI setting longoffs in the first few overs of a test match
- Too easy in Normal mode (my first attempt, I was off to a 100 opening stand between Watson & Katich)

I think you've all probably got a fair point about the graphics score but on my new PC it looks very nice and I don't have any other games to compare it to yet!

Oh so you actually did buy a new PC then for the game?

Good review i think the game is 79 out 100 it has lots going for it but the big problem for me is the spinners i can play defensive shots all day
BUT when i want to attack its edge after edge i try wait for ball i try run down to ball ,play early,
i move
either side and all i get is edge after edge , this makes the game pretty hard , because theres nothing like playing a spinner :facepalm

Well it helped that my old one was crashing every 5 minutes and was so slow it made Ashley Giles look quick.

Users who are viewing this thread