Player Editing Tutorial

they're definitely right for 2006. didn't take too long to find them. suppose that's the beauty of each player being quite definitely found within the 83 or so lines - everything can be found fairly easily

Ok this is gonna take a while to program, anyone willing to take up the job?

Right, I'd like to edit money for Hampshire on ICC3, I've taken a look at Anarchy's editing guide on page 11 but it mentions nothing about changing money for a CC. I've already got the database, hex editor, artmoney and birthday excel sheet, could anyone run through for me quickly what I would need to do? And what are the limits on money per club, I'd prefer to have as much as I can get!

If you only want to edit the money, you dont need the database and other files mate. Wait a second, I will tell you how to do it.

there are some things I don't like about the current editor. firstly, that it keeps the numbers that you've searched for previously in there as a little cache. I can see how it might be useful actually, so I'm not sure what's particularly bugging me. maybe there could be some little marker that points out each new search in the history? no idea how to do that, but it'd be a little nice. also the option to clear history would be nice if possible. my other problem currently is that I really have little idea as to what each of the rankings mean for bowling and batting. it's just not obvious at all. I wouldn't mind if they were a bit simpler, or put in order of increasing ability as opposed to alphabetical, if possible. my only other little problem is that when I edit an injury to fit to play and 0 days, it doesn't make them completely fit. they just say out for 0 days with a fit and then don't seem able to play.

otherwise...all seems fantastic

there are some things I don't like about the current editor. firstly, that it keeps the numbers that you've searched for previously in there as a little cache.
Did you get the latest version, as it resets the list each time you load.

my other problem currently is that I really have little idea as to what each of the rankings mean for bowling and batting. it's just not obvious at all.
You mean the levels? For batting each level is divided into 256 points. So level 0 = 0 to 255, level 1 = 256 to 512 and so on. Anarchy suggested on page 5 in his guide that the level for a world class player is 7. The rest of them (from 8 to 255) are included because it's possible to have them in the game, up to a max of 65535 (= level 255). So it's basically for cheating. The minimum for batting ability is 160 though, so if you select level 0 it generates a number between 160 and 255, not 0 and 255. Also if you enter a number less than 0 it defaults it to 160.

As for bowling the minimum is 320 and maximum is 3168 based on my tests. These are also split into levels where level 0 is world class (Anarchy's guide) and level 12 is the worst possible bowler. His guide goes up to level 6 or 7 (not too sure at the moment), but the game allows for up to 3168 (i.e. level 12) so I included it.

my only other little problem is that when I edit an injury to fit to play and 0 days, it doesn't make them completely fit. they just say out for 0 days with a fit and then don't seem able to play.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you here. Apparently you have to advance a day to sort it out - sorta defeats the purpose if your match day is today and you need to heal your player. Not too much I can do about it though.

Last edited:
ok, will check the new version for point 1. point 3...well we'll live with it. just takes some pre-emptive planning if wanted. I'm not too fussed about that one, as I can only see that that sort of thing is for cheating, whereas I'm only really using it as a tool to improve the database or make fun games with odd databases...that sort of thing.

for point 2, I understand all the value based stuff. what I didn't understand was the meaning of the following in terms of which are better than others:

awful
best in the world
bowling all rounder/traditional wicketkeeper
cheat
excellent batsman
lower-middle order/super aggressive hitters
number 8 batsman
tail-end batsman
world class batsman

I know a lot of that makes sense, but it's not quite so easy to quantify which of those is better than some others. for example, bowling all rounder vs lower middle order. that sort of thing. the same goes for the bowling ones. my other gripe with this system is there might not be enough options. ESPECIALLY for bowling ability. because for bowling ability, there's:

awful
batting all rounder
part time/occasional
poor

excellent
world class

the top 4 all suggest negative ability really. but the top 2 make the people far too good from my experience. so there doesn't seem to be enough choices. either that or the ranking names aren't quite describing it properly, and maybe "poor" could actually be "good". I think a lot of my problem for not understanding them is that it doesn't qualify which form of the game - test or first class. is excellent in terms of test cricket or domestic stuff?

this is all positive criticism obviously, because I'm a huge fan of what's going on here. and if you did manage to sort out the searching for players in terms of their name, that'd be a fantastic step forward.

the top 4 all suggest negative ability really. but the top 2 make the people far too good from my experience. so there doesn't seem to be enough choices. either that or the ranking names aren't quite describing it properly, and maybe "poor" could actually be "good". I think a lot of my problem for not understanding them is that it doesn't qualify which form of the game - test or first class. is excellent in terms of test cricket or domestic stuff?
Btw, this is all sorted in the latest version - I simply rated them according to levels (level 1, 2, 3, etc) as opposed to world class, excellent, etc. At least this way it's easier to compare levels. Keep in mind that you can edit the numbers directly on the latest version (bypassing the levels) so you can have a bit more variation in the players. Also note that when you select a level it generates a random number for that range (this was a request from a bit earlier on in the thread). So one player on a level 1 batting ability might be 300, while another might be 400.

this is all positive criticism obviously, because I'm a huge fan of what's going on here. and if you did manage to sort out the searching for players in terms of their name, that'd be a fantastic step forward.
And very much welcome, too! The searching by names would take a while for me to figure out (it'll require a good knowledge of pointers so I'll have to play around, but don't expect it anytime soon as I don't have a lot of time to play with)

Another thing, see if you can come up for the location of the county a player plays for. I was messing around and I changed the nationality box to 1, 2, etc. And found that the nationality changes so Derbyshire, Durham, etc. So these values must be stored in another location.

Last edited:
ok, I'll have a little look about. another thing that I don't know how possible it'll be to do, but we were able to change the age of a player quite easily in artmoney, and I wouldn't have thought this would have been too hard to encorporate if you were able to do all the rest, but maybe I'm wrong. possible?

You can change the age via the DOB. In artmoney is it as simple as changing a memory location (i.e. changing a players age from 30 to 25)? The way it is done now is by changing the DOB and then converting the DOB to codes (corresponding to Anarchy's excel file) and then writing these codes (they are 3 codes btw). Not sure there is a simpler way, or we haven't found it out yet.

Last edited:
Here's the latest version of everything I've done. I would like to add the stats pages to the editor but I'm pretty much tied up so I can't. The tabs there don't contain anything so don't worry if nothing shows up. Searching should be a bit faster in this version (as it scans less memory - this in itself may lead to your player not being found so tell me if that's the case and we'll probably have to revert to what was being done before).

Included as well is the latest Artmoney table for 2008 as well as the DOB-to-Codes converter.

I'll try to add all of the stats to the Artmoney table (this should take considerably less time), but I doubt I'll be able to do them for the editor (sorry about that).

Edit: Just updated the Artmoney table to include the batting stats provided by Cottager. I'll try to get add the bowling stats some time.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Stuff.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Lol, I think cottager has been running on the original version for a long time. I don't think he realised that there were new ones posted since.

That may have been the case. I've just come across more values in Artmoney where you can edit the team records, etc. Actually I'm searching for the players that make up a team. If we can find that then we can do away with the current search method and make it even quicker.

Seriously, though, anyone who's not afraid of Artmoney should try searching/messing about with it. You can quickly discover new editable stuff in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread