Player Editing Tutorial

I've got a problem with it now. basically, giving an example, if I load up mo yousuf, edit him, all fine. then I go to load up shiv chanderpaul. it loads up his name and address, but all of yousuf's stuff will still be there, and so all I can really do at the moment is edit a player, close the editor, reopen it and then do another player. not a huge problem, but I'm sure you know how to fix it somehow

Lol, by fixing the problem of there being no data, you've brought back the problem of the stats not refreshing.

I forgot to reset one of the lists. Pretty sure I messed up something this time, let's see who can find it out first!

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Stuff.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 66
Hey guys what exactly can you edit here? Any summary or something? Can you edit and read actual attributes (like bowling/batting skill)?

Currently you can (supposedly) edit the following:

- DOB
- Nationality
- Contract Length
- Salary (may not be working properly)
- Salary Demand (may also not be working properly)
- England Contracted
- Batting Ability
- Offside/Legside Preference
- Aggression
- Frontfoot/Backfoot Preference
- Pace/Spin Preference
- Hand (right or left)
- Wicketkeeper status
- Player type (opener, batsman, allrounder, bowler)
- Bowling Ability
- Bowling Style (RF, RFM, RMF, RM, etc.)
- Injury Type
- Injury Length

Keep in mind that the program may contain bugs and you could really mess up your game, so backup before editing.

Fe ® added 12 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I found some more stuff the other day while trying to edit Derbyshire. Should work for all teams (guessing here as I didn't test it). Go to Team Records, Historical, Highest Total. Search for that in Artmoney. A lot of results may come up so you'll have to isolate it somehow. Once you've it found open the memory editor on this byte. Using this as byte 1 referred to in the table below I've broken down the rest of bytes.

Code:
Item			Bytes
Runs scored		01 - 02		Highest Total
Against			03 - 04
Year			05 - 06

Runs scored		07 - 08		Lowest Total
Against			09 - 10
Year			11 - 12

Runs scored		13 - 14		Most Runs (season)		
[Blank]			15 - 16
Pointer to name		17 - 20
Year			21 - 22
[Blank]			23 - 24

Most Wickets (season)	25 - 26		Most Wickets (season)
[Blank]			27 - 28
Pointer to name		29 - 32
Year			33 - 34
[Blank]			35 - 36

Pointer to name		37 - 40		Best Bowling (match)
Wickets			41 - 42
Runs			43 - 44
Against			45 - 46
[Blank]			47 - 48
Where [?]		49 - 52
Year			53 - 54
[Blank]			55 - 56

Pointer to name		57 - 60		Best Bowling (innings)
Wickets			61 - 62
Runs			63 - 64
Against 		65 - 66
[Blank]			67 - 68
Where [?]		69 - 72
Year			73 - 74
[Blank]			75 - 80

Runs scored		81 - 82		Highest Innings
[Blank]			83 - 84
Pointer to name		85 - 88
Against			89 - 90
[Blank]			91 - 92
DON'T KNOW !!!		93 - 96		***
Year			97 - 98
[Blank]			99 - 100

Some stuff may be wrong so feel free to make any changes.

As for the Partnerships screen...
Beginning at byte 101, each is 24 bytes broken down as follows (number of bytes in [])
Code:
Year [2]
Blank [2]
Against [1]
Blank [2]
Runs [2] ???
Blank [2]
Pointer to player 1 [4]
Pointer to player 2 [4]
Blank [4]
Partnerships (all 10 of them) ends at 341

Then there are 32 blank bytes followed by 8 more (not blank, dunno what they are).

Recent records start 376 bytes from the top.

Hope someone could make some use of that. Don't mess about with it if you don't know how to use Artmoney, though.

btw, all of this is for ICC 2008

Last edited:
great work. I'm trying to think what isn't editable at the moment. currently we can't move a player from team to team, just nationality. we can't edit...the names of teams, or the grounds at all. we can't edit...what league the team is in maybe?

basically, we've got a lot of things haven't we

Strange though that we can't transfer a player. I'm guessing it's stored in one of two ways. In the player record there must be a link to his team (if you look at the bytes before the "64" - 1 row up, column 6 there is a number which corresponds to the teams in the game. 1 = Derby, 2 = Durham, etc. but changing it is only cosmetic).

The other way I can think of is under each team there is a list of pointers to each player in that team. This was what I was looking for when I came across the records mentioned above. I still haven't found it though so it could very well be that. The leagues should be editable I would think (but that's just a guess).

you're right, I think it probably would be a pointer under a team's address. no idea how we'd find that address though. unless you can search for pointers that to certain addresses? no idea if you can or not

Yeah I think you can do that but what address would we be looking for? It can't be the DOB codes as they are not unique. There should be some sort of player ID (look at the few bytes before the player team I mentioned above, it should be one row up from the "64", column 6). Look at the bytes before that and see if you can make them into a player ID somehow. I think I mentioned in the thread that each player's record seems to be 1416 bytes long. For example starting at the "64" of any player add 1416 (decimal) to the address (hex) and then go to the address you get. It should be the "64" of a second player.

First version of the stats editor. Even though it's relatively simply it is taking a while to get the layout right. I could optimise the code a bit to make things easier but that'll also take a while to get right the first time so I'll use the slow method at the moment. You can't really edit using this version, and it only displays career batting stats.

I basically need for you guys to test it and let me know if any stats are incorrect. There are a few calculations involved so I might have messed up somewhere. Also don't expect this to be finished anytime soon, kinda tied up at the moment.

Finally, I've released this one as a separate editor (well, at this point it's more of a memory reader) to help cut down on bugs.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Stuff.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 83
how do you edit the age of someone like dave hussey who isn't in the icc2002 hex editor?

i've downloaded the lastest icc2008 editor for the latest icc game but not sure how to edit it. any help would be great.

I'm assuming you are playing ICC 2008, right? Basically you enter his DOB in the editor and select his name when it loads. Then change his DOB to what you want and click Apply.

Let us go through this Sooty.

You're trying to use the ICC 2008 editor for icc2002?

If not, then search this thread buddy, many a time its been explained. You'll probably have gotten a worse reply off people had you created a thread about this :) The search function is there to be used, and it does work well! :)

I've just noticed you've been here for a year, well, not many posts but still.

Simbazz added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I'm assuming you are playing ICC 2008, right? Basically you enter his DOB in the editor and select his name when it loads. Then change his DOB to what you want and click Apply.

Or do as Fe says :p

Kinda took my wind there but thats fine ;)

Sweet.

Thanks, didn't realise you could edit the DOB at the top of the editor! :)

think the number of matches for first class and one day might be a bit off. otherwise was fine. I was looking at ramprakash, so potentially that's just a problem for people that play a lot of games, because it was fine for paul horton

Users who are viewing this thread