Playing Cricket vs. Watching Cricket

Cricket games should replicate more of...

• the experience of playing cricket, being on the field with ball or bat in hand

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • the experience of watching cricket, being entertained by the action as a spectator

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
I think a Broadcast Camera is much needed, as for some of us, we love to feel as if we are watching a real game, yet controlling the players. DBC 14 got the Broadcast camera wrong with its drift and it being too far and it was just awkward. The other camera angles were brilliant but i feel a proper Broadcast Camera should DEFINATELY be an option.

Am I? It should be in there as an option. You dont have to use it but plenty of people will want to.

which is a pathetic, craven attitude. 99.94% of the people asking for pitch markers are still playing in broadcast cam and moaning they don't have time to pick their shots. of course they don't, because the system was never designed to be played that way. the game mechanic has moved on, it doesn't suit broadcast cam and people need to embrace it.

Big Ant have innovated, the game mechanics have moved on and broadcast is a relic, like a vestigial tail or a rancid appendix. cut it out.

Last edited:
I havnt mentioned anything about ball markers. Its simply a choice in whether you want to view from behind or from in front ? I think it should be there as a camera option but improved. As I say, its something very minor and you dont have to use it.

Am I? It should be in there as an option. You dont have to use it but plenty of people will want to.

which is a pathetic, craven attitude. 99.94% of the people asking for pitch markers are still playing in broadcast cam and moaning they don't have time to pick their shots. of course they don't, because the system was never designed to be played that way. the game mechanic has moved on, it doesn't suit broadcast cam and people need to embrace it.

Big Ant have innovated, the game mechanics have moved on and broadcast is a relic, like a vestigial tail or a rancid appendix. cut it out.[/QUOTE]

You like playing with retro teams, its nothing vestigial to play in broadcast view, its a nostalgic choice

You like playing with retro teams, its nothing vestigial to play in broadcast view, its a nostalgic choice

No, it's a moronic choice completely counter to how the mechanism was designed:

For batting the TV view does not work
You can bat from the broadcast camera... however...

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.

I'm sorry... never can get enough Matrix (I know... it's sad)

It's a relic, put it in to stop people bitching.

People complaining about batting in broadcast cam in DBC are doing the same as someone complaining their smartphone won't bang in a nail.

who complained about batting in broadcast view, its said that batting in broadcast view should be improved

Oh FFS. The mechanism is expressly designed NOT to be used in broadcast view as those quotes above make clear.

You're not asking them to "improve" the mechanism you're saying "that giant leap forward you made can you rip that up and start again because I am unable to cope with the change".

Dave just relax. Some prefer to control players from the broadcast camera, im saying it did alot of off putting little things in DBC 14. We would like it to be addressed. Your opinion isnt superior to ours pal.

i am perfectly relaxed, don't be patronising.

it's not my opinion, it's the expressed explanation of the developer that the mechanism was designed NOT to play in broadcast. I've just given you the quotes. it's not my opinion that's superior, it's my ability to comprehend what is written.

Personally cant stand pro cam,or behind cam for batting. Nothing would ever compare to real batting, its like comparing apples and oranges, never be the same. Broadcast view is more relatable to the masses!

P.s whats with this pointless poll?

Last edited:
Okay it is your opinion that broadcast cam is relic and you are ready to bash people asking for better broadcast cam view.
The people who are asking for a better broadcast view are customers of this game and not some morons.

No, it's not my opinion: it's the stated position of the developer that the batting mechanism was designed to be used in cameras other than broadcast.

it is moronic to be not able to understand that. you may still decide you want to play the game in broadcast if the game allows that, but asking them to "improve" batting in the camera, when it is specifically designed not to be used for batting, is ridiculous.

i can use my smartphone to stir my tea. if i ask samsung to make it a better spoon they'd laugh at me, because it's not what it's designed for.

it's a very simple point.

Users who are viewing this thread