Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

Is the wii version any good?

I loved it, its good on single player but its awesome when you are playing another human player. The controls are simply amazing like how you can shine the ball with the remote to affect swing.

To bowl you bowl the delivery like you would in normal cricket, and to spin it you would bowl it as a spinner would.

If you select the game on easy (village) then its a pure slog fest, normal is a good place to start off for people who are familiar to the game and Test is a challenging level. For me the AI reacted very well to certain situations. I felt if I started to hit boundaries then the confidence of the bowler would drop and that he would bowl more bad balls than good. Same if he took a wicket where the batsmans confidence would drop and the bowlers confidence go up.

What about when they were batting? Did they start off well? (depending who you were playing) how did they react if you took a wicket, did they go back in their shell so to speak? Was the pacing good? Would they bat the whole innings and felt like you were getting pressured?

Wii version sounds promising. IT would be great if they develop next version with Microsoft's New Motion Sensor Technology integrated. Anyone who has seen the E3 knows bout it. The Notion sensor techniques use 3 cameras to sense the motion. So practically you are the controller. You can use custom gear in the game using motion sensors camera as demonstrated by microsoft using a skating game.

Ooh also what were the squads like? Or are they annoying with some players that shouldnt be in there with some obvious candidates missing?

What about when they were batting? Did they start off well? (depending who you were playing) how did they react if you took a wicket, did they go back in their shell so to speak? Was the pacing good? Would they bat the whole innings and felt like you were getting pressured?

I thought the AI in the ODI was all about momentum, much like how players such as Chanderpaul within an instance can go from 1st to 5th gear, the AI could do this with good rated batsmen, against poor bowling then it would but the bad ball away as you would expect. If you took a wicket then they would sort of consolidate before going after the bowling again. Pacing was amazing, simply amazing how they have achieved this. Yea you did feel the pressure if they batted for a while because they were difficult to get out once set.

What is it like to bat? Can you play most strokes? In the air and along the ground? cheers mate.

Ooh also what were the squads like? Or are they annoying with some players that shouldnt be in there with some obvious candidates missing?

Urm not really to be honest they have pretty big squad sizes of around 23 if I remember. Whats amazing about this game is that it has brought back the BL 2005 edit mode where you can edit players names, skill and kit!

Good, sounds promising. Obviously waiting for the inevitable "bad stuff" too come, but I like the sounds of it. Will you be buying the game for sure now that you've played it?

EDIT: Just quickly aswell, any bad things that you thought of while playing it, like bugs, etc?

Wii version sounds promising. IT would be great if they develop next version with Microsoft's New Motion Sensor Technology integrated. Anyone who has seen the E3 knows bout it. The Notion sensor techniques use 3 cameras to sense the motion. So practically you are the controller. You can use custom gear in the game using motion sensors camera as demonstrated by microsoft using a skating game.

Project Natal is nowhere near ready, and I doubt we'll see it within the next 3 years atleast.

It would be amazing, BUT, it'll never happen I wouldn't imagine.

What is it like to bat? Can you play most strokes? In the air and along the ground? cheers mate.

Yep but it depends on the rating of the batsman, if he has a good rating then he can play all the shots a poor rating gives him a limited amount of stokes. You can hit in the air and along the ground and also nudge singles into gaps through defensive strokes.

how deep is editiong in this game?? Can you edit your players face like PES or you have to choose from generic heads like BLIC 07??

Cymro,

will the black and greens go one better and lift the Welsh Cup next year?

.....oooooohh questions about Ashes 2009? I get it now.

/ An Ex-Aber Student:D

Good, sounds promising. Obviously waiting for the inevitable "bad stuff" too come, but I like the sounds of it. Will you be buying the game for sure now that you've played it?

EDIT: Just quickly aswell, any bad things that you thought of while playing it, like bugs, etc?

Oh deffo, this game is simply amazing. Of course there will be some bad stuff but this game is simply breathtaking in my opinion. A real real improvement on BL 2007 and hats off for the lads at Codemasters for doing such a great job.

did you take any picture at the event?

I promise to God i'm saying this because I want you to improve as a member, but to keep posting questions will end up with you becoming the most hated man in the world.

If you think of a question, remember it, go to bed, compile a few questions and then post. Lazy has already had a small argument with you because of your impatience, so please, listen to my advice, else this thread will soon turn into "Who can hate Max_Dillan2007 the most?"

how deep is editiong in this game?? Can you edit your players face like PES or you have to choose from generic heads like BLIC 07??

And just to prove my point once again, you've posted yet another question!

Users who are viewing this thread