Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

You'd be much better off posting all your questions in a well structure post, instead of 14,000 posts which don't make sense,

oh and you're probably not gunna wanna keep telling people to "stfu," and such, especially respected members, because you get posts like evertonfan has just posted.

He should also watch his mouth. You cannot go around and ask anyone to shut up. Thats rude. I wasnt even asking him the question. If i had asked him a question then he deserve the right to say so. Till then:banana2

We did get to see and play the Wii version. Unfortunately cannot talk about the Wii version as Codies will be doing a press release within the next week.

Three hours is not long enough to pick holes in a game, you have to remember we were there with James who was talking me and lazy through the game as we played, we were asking him lots of questions as we played and on top of that I was looking for specific gameplay things which people had asked and stuff that I thought was important.

The overriding thing that I took away was that James Firth is really interested in making authentic but accessible cricket games, Ashes 2009 is a big step in the right direction (particularly compared to BLIC 2007) and in the future if there are more versions they will build upon this.

I think that people will like this game.

Time for bed for me. It has been a VERY LOOONNNNGGGG DAY.

I was at the Testing at Codies HQ today and must admit what a fabulous day we had there.

I can answer questions regarding the Wii version and ODI games if need be as that's what I spent most of the time playing today.

No I will not blow you. Im not gay. Have you ever thought that they may be trying to relax or sleep now? Its 11pm in Britain and the last thing they need is questions on what type of cotton the shirts are made out of.

And its 3: 30 am in india:rolleyes:. Kamy was answering the questions till then:clap. Go to your mommy and cry:cryingthere

Awesome reviews kamy and lazy. Looking forward to this game. One question, will you two definitely be buying this game now that you have played it?

I was at the Testing at Codies HQ today and must admit what a fabulous day we had there.

I can answer questions regarding the Wii version and ODI games if need be as that's what I spent most of the time playing today.

hmm!!great!!
is there something new about bowling animation??:rolleyes:

Do you have any thoughts to share on the AI, from the ODI games that you played?!

See, kamy was online. He just went to bed and Cymro is also willing to answer the questions. So There are people willing to share there experience no matter what time it is.

Do you have any thoughts to share on the AI, from the ODI games that you played?!

If you select the game on easy (village) then its a pure slog fest, normal is a good place to start off for people who are familiar to the game and Test is a challenging level. For me the AI reacted very well to certain situations. I felt if I started to hit boundaries then the confidence of the bowler would drop and that he would bowl more bad balls than good. Same if he took a wicket where the batsmans confidence would drop and the bowlers confidence go up.

If you select the game on easy (village) then its a pure slog fest, normal is a good place to start off for people who are familiar to the game and Test is a challenging level. For me the AI reacted very well to certain situations. I felt if I started to hit boundaries then the confidence of the bowler would drop and that he would bowl more bad balls than good. Same if he took a wicket where the batsmans confidence would drop and the bowlers confidence go up.

Did the wii do the annoying thing where it randomly would play a stroke when you pulled back to play it?

hmm!!great!!
is there something new about bowling animation??:rolleyes:

Yep some are similar but due to licensing issues they cannot completely copy the action. Malinga for instance has a round arm action and murali's action is twice as good as it was in 2007.

Cymro added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Did the wii do the annoying thing where it randomly would play a stroke when you pulled back to play it?

Surprisingly no it did not. I had to swing forward for it to take note of the shot.

All of this seems like a great step forward for the franchise and cricket gaming in general. This bodes really well for the next iterations of the series, and hopefully will push towards something like a season mode similar to the ones implemented in other sports games. Thanks for giving us all a peek into this, guys.
I am not asking you, so STFU and blow me:mad::mad:... You should learn to be cool from lazy. He answered almost 20 or 30 questions even after he posted a review.
You may have missed this veritable gem:
lazy_chesnut said:
PS - can someone please tell max dillon how to use a forum. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread