Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

so commentary isnt great.is it atleast better than other cricket titles ?
wat about sledging :D

is there an appeal button ?

i guess am not repeating any answered questions.
really appreciate your effort in writing the review.

so finally does the good part of the game outweigh the bad part.
weird question right;)

Is it true that the confidence fluctuates with the match situation?? Coz that would be another gr8 addition. were there any weird shots that you tried and managed to pull off? What was the commentators welcoming line when the match first starts?

P.S: I didnt intend to offend jamie but i didnt remember the name of the hero in that movie thats why is refer it as wierdo. See the movie, he looks a lot like him.

Just like to say thanks to you guys who went today and are giving the rest of us a review, it is really appreciated!
Just some small questions,
How does it reflect to the videos we have seen, was it an older version like they stated when they were released?
Also, about bowling actions, do they change between bowlers, or have all spinners got one default action etc?
Is it going to be possible to edit the Ps3 version?
Thanks again for the awesome reviews, very detailed!

Is it true that the confidence fluctuates with the match situation?? Coz that would be another gr8 addition. were there any weird shots that you tried and managed to pull off? What was the commentators welcoming line when the match first starts?

I think it does. Like if you lose quick wickets then your next batsman might be low on confidence. Not entirely sure, though I think Jamie said something along those lines.

P.S: I didnt intend to offend jamie but i didnt remember the name of the hero in that movie thats why is refer it as wierdo. See the movie, he looks a lot like him.

Put the spade down, max.

Anyway, my better half says I must stop all this typing and watch The Wire with her. Will have to post some stuff on fielding and AI tomorrow evening as I'm working all day.

thanks for the previews , will anyone else from pc who was there today be previewing for us , i remember when pc members saw blc07 and the gave previews and they could not hide there disapointment with it
but this sounds like its going the right way.

Can we expect some news on this game soon from codemasters :rolleyes:

Hey lazy,
Review was gr8. Now can you post a critic review of the game? The things which annoyed you in the game. Please be honest.

Its a century... 100 Active users.

max_dillon2007 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Anyone up for a critic Review???

They told us that there would be a demo but didn't give any specific time period when it would be released. They also couldn't confirm if the demo would be on all formats.

Checking my notes, the release date should be announced very soon, they didn't tell us a specific date but did say it would be a worldwide release at the same time (within one week of it coming out in UK it will be out in Australia). They will give more details in a press release.

Really good meeting you lazy, and guys he really did grill James a lot on all aspects of the game, because lazy also has a programming background it was fascinating for someone like me to listen to the stuff that they were talking about.

so far it is a fairy tail. now we are feeling good about the game. so,we wanna know the annoying features?

please answer about bowling actions

They told us that there would be a demo but didn't give any specific time period when it would be released. They also couldn't confirm if the demo would be on all formats.

Checking my notes, the release date should be announced very soon, they didn't tell us a specific date but did say it would be a worldwide release at the same time (within one week of it coming out in UK it will be out in Australia). They will give more details in a press release.

Really good meeting you lazy, and guys he really did grill James a lot on all aspects of the game, because lazy also has a programming background it was fascinating for someone like me to listen to the stuff that they were talking about.

its nice to hear that the game is in the right direction.so the makers have almost done their job in making the most authentic cricket experience to date , as i can read from the reviews.now we cricket fans have to do justice to their efforts by buying the original discs of the game.do not go for pirated versions.
if this is a commercially successful game , expect more developments and improvements in the coming versions of the game.

:cheers

Can I just say that this is more of an authentic cricket experience than BLIC 2007. It is however not the definitive authentic cricketing experience, codies have got lots and lots of things right and the basics are now really good, they can now use this to build even more authentic cricket games in the future and add more and more advanced features. The good news is that the producer wants to follow the "Pro Evolution Soccer" model of simulation.

kamy100 added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Before I forget. James also said that they would support the game post release with patches if necessary, it is easier to do patches for PC version. Console version patches require authentication from Sony and Microsoft.

kamy, care to share some annoying features of the game??? Which are holding you back from saying that this is not the most authentic cricket experience... by the way, who won the match between you and lazy?

Users who are viewing this thread