National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Predictions for Bengal?

From the look of things (and that is something BJP is a master at given the media at their disposal), it appears that Mamta will be on her way out.

Honestly, she deserves to be kicked out. But being replaced with BJP is not going to help in any way though. They will bring up other communal problems in the region which have not existed until now

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Absolutely disappointed by the way our govt handled this Covid situation. When the cases dropped in the month of October last year, you take full credits for it. Well, good for you. But do you have guts to take responsibility for complete mismanagement now? No. Now the Modi supporters say "what can he do now? It is not his fault". If you can take credit for good things, take criticisms and blames for wrong doings too.

I'm sorry for my language above. Have lost many loved ones in this Covid times. :( We have wasted all the time we had last year to prepare ourselves for this second wave. Atleast we can try to be more cautious in the coming days. Be safe, and take care of your people. :)

Disappointment is an understatement now. They have blood on their hands, for all I know. Them and all the politicians who held rallies while COVID was raging through the nation. WB is seeing 1000% spike in cases now and we all know WHY this is happening.

The shamelessness with the gruesome twosome is just appalling. Holding rallies, roaming in huge crowd without masks during the day and then offering condolences and blaming the public at night.

And then we have maggots like Yogi claiming "there is no oxygen shortage in UP and all those spreading such news should be punished and their properties seized' when my extended family has faced oxygen shortage first hand and eventual death in Lucknow and other parts of UP. My blood boils at these people who are just looking to score their points while people are dying

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It is a common thing with cults of personality throughout history, that the leader can never do anything wrong. If something wrong happens, it’s either denied, or if it's impossible to deny it, it's always someone else’s fault. Whether it’s Modi, Trump or Imran Khan/Nawaz Sharif in Pakistan.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yogi claiming "there is no oxygen shortage in UP and all those spreading such news should be punished and their properties seized' when my extended family has faced oxygen shortage first hand and eventual death in Lucknow and other parts of UP. My blood boils at these people who are just looking to score their points while people are dying
It makes me terrified knowing that this person is going to be our next PM in 2024. I see a genocide plus a recession pretty soon. With the number of bhakts and those who say there is no opposition (tbh, Godi media and Congress combined have played a huge part on this) it's just gonna worsen up.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It makes me terrified knowing that this person is going to be our next PM in 2024. I see a genocide plus a recession pretty soon. With the number of bhakts and those who say there is no opposition (tbh, Godi media and Congress combined have played a huge part on this) it's just gonna worsen up.
What about Amit Shah?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What about Amit Shah?
I'm doubtful. He is the show runner. I don't think such people every make it to main stream. If someone in BJP is capable of taking over the leadership from Modi, it is Yogi.

Only creteria to be the PM candidate in BJP is to have full support from RSS. And I don't think Amit Shah has that support. He maybe elevated, but may fall soon. Only other person in BJP who has full support of RSS is Nitin Gadkari. But I don't think he is a mass leader. He is just reserved in north India. Very less people connect to his ideologies and governance.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not too familiar with Indian politics, but seems like the status quo has remained in every state after the elections?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not too familiar with Indian politics, but seems like the status quo has remained in every state after the elections?
I have not followed Indian politics keenly either but yeah, the status quo seems pretty unchanged from an outsider's point of view.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...umanity-arundhati-roy-india-covid-catastrophe
During a particularly polarising election campaign in the state of Uttar Pradesh in 2017, India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, waded into the fray to stir things up even further. From a public podium, he accused the state government – which was led by an opposition party – of pandering to the Muslim community by spending more on Muslim graveyards (kabristans) than on Hindu cremation grounds (shamshans). With his customary braying sneer, in which every taunt and barb rises to a high note mid-sentence before it falls away in a menacing echo, he stirred up the crowd. “If a kabristan is built in a village, a shamshan should also be constructed there,” he said.
“Shamshan! Shamshan!” the mesmerised, adoring crowd echoed back.
Perhaps he is happy now that the haunting image of the flames rising from the mass funerals in India’s cremation grounds is making the front page of international newspapers. And that all the kabristans and shamshans in his country are working properly, in direct proportion to the populations they cater for, and far beyond their capacities.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Is it true that BJP workers are being thrashed & killed in WB? Not surprised! It's always this way in WB, there were similar reports when CPI was thrown out of power after decades of ruling in WB in 2011.

BJP IT cell is now calling themselves as victims and asking Amit Shah to interfere. Before that, it has be verified that the violence in Bengal is not planted by BJP itself. Because we have seen such incident before wherein BJP incites violence and call themselves as victims. Ex: Delhi Riots (2020)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is it true that BJP workers are being thrashed & killed in WB? Not surprised! It's always this way in WB, there were similar reports when CPI was thrown out of power after decades of ruling in WB in 2011.

BJP IT cell is now calling themselves as victims and asking Amit Shah to interfere. Before that, it has be verified that the violence in Bengal is not planted by BJP itself. Because we have seen such incident before wherein BJP incites violence and call themselves as victims. Ex: Delhi Riots (2020)
Is the Communist Party actually communist, or just on paper?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
2024 is going to throw up some surprises. Given the handling of the pandemic and the power-hungry nature of the the BJP, I feel they might not be able to hold onto the lead they had gained. The litmus test would be the UP state elections early next year. A loss there, would most certainly spell doom for them.

Don't get me wrong- the BJP did a marvellous job during their first term and also during Vajpayee's govt. The difference between those terms and this current one is the fact that educated lot seemed to be running the show back then. At present, the creation of Hindu-fanatics has irked many people- especially when they try to force stuff onto you.

For 2024, even if the BJP were to fall, there is simply no viable alternative that presents itself. We may find ourselves playing a game of musical chairs-akin to the situation before PV Narasimha Rao led. Rahul/Sonia don't seem the like that they can run a country. However, if the Congress does a re-jig and tries to put either of Pilot/Tharoor in the prime position, things might actually turn out to be very interesting.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
if the Congress does a re-jig and tries to put either of Pilot/Tharoor in the prime
This is never going to happen. Congress was scheduled to have election for President post left vacant after Rahul resigned. Sonia is interim president. Having lost assembly elections recently even after fierce campaigning by Rahul & his sister, congress is under pressure to choose candidate other than Gandhi Family.

Users who are viewing this thread