Possible knockout clashes?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
ZexyZahid said:
Maybe it's better to wait when all second round matches are determined, to make predictions. Czech Republic were praised in heaven after the first match, but after their second match some don't even see them getting through. And Spain so far had played one great match. But I can't see them losing against Tunisia and Saudi-Arabia.

And they might even encounter France in the second round.

I'm sure I'd have far more chance of being right if I waited longer but that would take the fun out of it!

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sureshot said:
But it's not the Spanish players that have as much as an influence on their leagues as English players do in the Premiership.
But it isn't like the Prem is any good, either. ;)

And usy, we'll see how they play against your darlings Tunisia. :D

Sureshot

Executive member
m_vaughan said:
That's bollocks! Spain has some of the most attack minded and entertaining players in the World. Only Brazil (and I mean only Brazil) can beat them in this regard.

Also if you did see them play against Ukraine, I am certain you wouldnt want your team to be facing them anytime soon.

Argentina would beat Spain.

Spain were good vs Ukraine but did have decisions go their way, wouldn't have changed the result though, but still had them go their way.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
edgarisapimp said:
But it isn't like the Prem is any good, either. ;)

And usy, we'll see how they play against your darlings Tunisia. :D

Ofcorse they can beat Tunisia, but they are likely to beat any team in Europe expect Poland, I want to see them getting 'trashed' by Germany or Brazil. :p

OK - that was me taking it too far, they have good players and they'll not get 'trashed' but finals, you're dreaming.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
firstly look at spains group. its not really the group of death is it?

once spain plays a more better team then a judgement can be made but this is there best chance to go far in the world cup but i have to say they have been the best team in competiton along with argentina

lets see if spain can maintain it

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So far Barmyarmy had six teams right of being in the quarterfinals :clap Of course some are meeting other countries. And so far he has one semi-finalist right.

Germany v Argentina
Italy v France
England v Holland
Brazil v Spain

usy

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
You're going to have to translate that for me...
Spain have the most successful and most skillful domestic league in Europe and a national team stuffed full of talented guys who seem to choke as soon as they're not wearing club colours. They have the might of Tunisia and Saudi Arabia to overcome to win the group and then a probable second round match with Switzerland or South Korea. I think Spain are not to be under-estimated.
Having said that they probably won't even qualify from their group now! :p
Spain are out! ROFLMAO

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Hence my disclaimer at the end of the piece.
I really thought they might actually produce something this time though.
Spain did play very well, but ran terribly out of luck.

But atleast we now have a good team, which will be better and more experienced in future tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread