Post your questions about the game here!

Can the grounds be modded? If so, is anyone doing any?
If not, then I would love it if BigAnt produced more of them, so that each team had their own ground. Maybe they could do this and sell it as DLC. Extra income for them, extra immersion for us.

In the next installment of Don Bradmans Cricket career mode, i would like to see points be given to your player if games and series are won by the team.

In the next installment of Don Bradmans Cricket career mode, i would like to see points be given to your player if games and series are won by the team.

Points are given to your player for team wins.

o_O

Or not. I'd prefer not. I like having to look around to check if the field has moved, and don't want more clutter on the screen.

Yeah and that too you tend to know when they make the changes if you have played against AI for long...:D

Or not. I'd prefer not. I like having to look around to check if the field has moved, and don't want more clutter on the screen.
At least it should given as a option like ball trail and markers...

@bittugilly

There is a movement against it by the developer , and the majority of the followers on this site.

By providing it as an option , its hurting no one in my opinion, but there seems to be resistance in even making it an option.

Not really sure why , but yes , you can forget about the proposal .

@bittugilly

There is a movement against it by the developer , and the majority of the followers on this site.

By providing it as an option , its hurting no one in my opinion, but there seems to be resistance in even making it an option.

Not really sure why , but yes , you can forget about the proposal .

Here's a why: it's another moving part to go wrong. It's entirely possible for it to go wrong in ways that affect gameplay. The fewer moving parts, the better - from both a stability and a performance perspective.

Here's another why: flavour of the game. Not having a fielding radar gives the game a simulationist flavour. That's my preferred flavour.

See, once again we're back to the "but you could turn it off!" argument, to which the obvious response is "but you could get used to not having it!". Round and round and round she goes, and where she stops - let's face it, it's an argument that doesn't stop.

Can someone explain to me as to what yellow bowl circle during batting indicates exactly?

I am not sure if I am right but as far as I've noticed, red circle indicates a short bouncer and green circle indicates a good length delivery but what of the yellow circle, I mean logically, given the first two, yellow should be a yorker but I've seen yellow circle at good length and that just confuses me big time, more over I should point out that it's literally impossible to hit a six when you see a yellow circle because 8/10 times the ball lands inside the circle, I've tried different timings and low to high aggression pressure on the trigger, nothing seem to work. Can anyone help me out here? -,-

Your initial instinct is correct. Yellow = fuller delivery. While not always "yorker" length it is the fullest of the three markers. Just the same way you can bowl a shorter delivery with a good length input it is also possible to bowl a half volley with a full length input. The AI just does a mixture of these things. Hope that makes sense.

Here's another why: flavour of the game. Not having a fielding radar gives the game a simulationist flavour. That's my preferred flavour.

But here's my "flavour". A radar *is* realistic.

As a batter (in real life), you can easily take a quick glance around, and understand the fielding alignment set against you. It's something in your mind you impart instantly and with a quick glance, embed in your mind.

You can't do that as it stands now. While the game allows you to look around, it takes 4-5 seconds, and doesn't immediately update you if it changes (as it would if you were actually there...you know in real life). The look around mechanic in the game is a gimmick and would be much better used with a radar than it does now. This is a sports game, not a FPS.

A radar would actually be much more realistic that what we have now. A quick glance would give you the information you'd need to understand the field placement, (ie: just as in real life) without taking an unrealistic amount of time to slowly look around the field like you are standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon trying to take everything in.

But here's my "flavour". A radar *is* realistic.

As a batter (in real life), you can easily take a quick glance around, and understand the fielding alignment set against you. It's something in your mind you impart instantly and with a quick glance, embed in your mind.

You can't do that as it stands now. While the game allows you to look around, it takes 4-5 seconds, and doesn't immediately update you if it changes (as it would if you were actually there...you know in real life). The look around mechanic in the game is a gimmick and would be much better used with a radar than it does now. This is a sports game, not a FPS.

A radar would actually be much more realistic that what we have now. A quick glance would give you the information you'd need to understand the field placement, (ie: just as in real life) without taking an unrealistic amount of time to slowly look around the field like you are standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon trying to take everything in.

To be honest I don't really understand why they don't have the option, but that's their choice. Keep campaigning though, they may add it in the future.

It's not a matter of campaigning, it's a matter of resource and a long list of additions and emergent tasks due to fixes that need to be done.

I have newly started playing this game. [First post]
I have one question.
In "Career Mode", how do i change the playing XI? I want to include my favorite international player replacing others.
Is there any way of doing it.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread