Post your questions about the game here!

Can anyone help me get edges in the game (XBox)? Just bowled 50 over of pace and didn't get a single edge. Kind of makes having slips pointless, but I don't want to take them out just in case!

Also, if anyone has advice on how to get LBW's that would be great. When I bowl a normal pitch its always going over the stumps. If I try to release later, I just bowl a No Ball. If I bowl full I can't get it straight enough! I don't use the bowling assist window thing because I don't like not looking at the game!

Thanks in advance

Can anyone help me get edges in the game (XBox)? Just bowled 50 over of pace and didn't get a single edge. Kind of makes having slips pointless, but I don't want to take them out just in case!

Also, if anyone has advice on how to get LBW's that would be great. When I bowl a normal pitch its always going over the stumps. If I try to release later, I just bowl a No Ball. If I bowl full I can't get it straight enough! I don't use the bowling assist window thing because I don't like not looking at the game!

Thanks in advance
Asking for career mode or general?? If career, as a pace bowler or spinner??

Don't know if anyone can help you get edges :lol
I get the odd one, just not very often, maybe 1-2 a game in career (hardly ever in tests tho), and 4 if I'm lucky in casual games.

LBW's, if it's bouncing over the stumps, then release earlier, but then you have a chance of being hit for 4 or 6 in any direction in the ground. You may get the batsman out via infield or outfield catches, edges, LBW's or bowled with balls bowled in this way... or you'll just go for 1 run in the over... or even 16 runs... you never know.

On career mode, I have been selected for my country's T20 and ODI side. Now it seems as if between games of a series sometimes, I get to play the odd county game. Other times, it sims through buckets of them! Im confused as to why

Don't know if anyone can help you get edges :lol
I get the odd one, just not very often, maybe 1-2 a game in career (hardly ever in tests tho), and 4 if I'm lucky in casual games.

LBW's, if it's bouncing over the stumps, then release earlier, but then you have a chance of being hit for 4 or 6 in any direction in the ground. You may get the batsman out via infield or outfield catches, edges, LBW's or bowled with balls bowled in this way... or you'll just go for 1 run in the over... or even 16 runs... you never know.

Thanks! Sounds like what I thought, its just random!

The most irritating thing about this game i that there is no reward for bowling line and length. I was playing my friend 2 days ago, he's never played DBC before, but he beat me purely because he just slogged everything, and all the edges were really thick and because he was the classic Aussie team, they always went for six! And when he bowled, he just pitched everything up. Oh, and he had Shane Warne!

I know the game is releasing on next gen, but is there a feeling around PC that edges will be sorted in patch 3 when it comes? I haven't been on PC for a while because people were getting angry at me for giving constructive criticism!

Asking for career mode or general?? If career, as a pace bowler or spinner??

It was in a Tour match and it was with Pace bowlers. As I said, bowled 50 over of pace without an Edge (or an LBW, but that was my error as I couldn't get the length right, not matter what I tried).

In my career I was playing as a leg spinner or wrist spinner. Plenty of edges. In the match I'm referring to, I got 5 wickets with Scott Borthwick (although one didn't register for some reason) and got 2 edges and LBW, 1 mid off catch and a bowled. Wasn't even a spinners pitch. Day 1 of a test.

Just seems that it is pointless having slips or quick bowlers.

It was in a Tour match and it was with Pace bowlers. As I said, bowled 50 over of pace without an Edge (or an LBW, but that was my error as I couldn't get the length right, not matter what I tried).

In my career I was playing as a leg spinner or wrist spinner. Plenty of edges. In the match I'm referring to, I got 5 wickets with Scott Borthwick (although one didn't register for some reason) and got 2 edges and LBW, 1 mid off catch and a bowled. Wasn't even a spinners pitch. Day 1 of a test.

Just seems that it is pointless having slips or quick bowlers.
Hope they become useful after the Patch#3...:)

Quick bowlers have their share in the game as the batsman does get beaten with the pace and even bouncers look awesome at those speed when executed well....Just the point of those edges and slips and gully come to use would make it more enjoyable...As I said earlier the AI should be given the feel of realistic meaning the way players play in online against each other, that kind of AI is perfect according to me...
Had a great moment in online match yesterday:
5 over match me[SA] vs Aus 4th over in the match Dale Steyn bowling at 148.5kmph outwing at short of a full length [almost good length] wide of off stump..The batsman drives and the ball nicks the bat so smoothly and to the WK...Looked so real that I forgot to use RAS to take the catch..Some moment like these makes it so awesome and enjoyable to play.....

Last edited:
Hope they become useful after the Patch#3...:)

Quick bowlers have their share in the game as the batsman does get beaten with the pace and even bouncers look awesome at those speed when executed well....Just the point of those edges and slips and gully come to use would make it more enjoyable...As I said earlier the AI should be given the feel of realistic meaning the way players play in online against each other, that kind of AI is perfect according to me...
Had a great moment in online match yesterday:
5 over match me[SA] vs Aus 4th over in the match Dale Steyn bowling at 148.5kmph outwing at short of a full length [almost good length] wide of off stump..The batsman drives and the ball nicks the bat so smoothly and to the WK...Looked so real that I forgot to use RAS to take the catch..Some moment like these makes it so awesome and enjoyable to play.....

The game looks great and is by far the best cricket game we have had had, but we were promised edges, and unfortunately, BA haven't got it right. Hopefully patch 3 will sort it.

Bouncer do look great and when you hit a sweet cover drive it looks and feels awesome. There is a lot of good in this game, but I should not be bowling first bowl of an innings with no slips in place because I know I won't get an edge.

There are other niggly things, but all games have that. For me, the only thing stopping me playing this game on a regular basis is the edges/slips/gully issue.

Hi all

Before explaining my issue i wanna say ive tested my logitech pc controller by even using the D-pad to select the type of delivery i wanna bowl and the same problem still occurs.

Ive had a issue with pace bowling when i bowl a straight delivery in the form of a yorker 90% of the time the bowl will land and swing by which i miss the stumps its the same situation with LBW's. What am i doing wrong? Also does it have to do with the timing of the right stick when bowling?

If you have any bowling guides please share the links.

I just hope the edges are increased for AI batsmen and not for the human players. We edge quite enough as it is and in fact a reduction in user/human player edges coupled with an increase in no. of AI edges is what's needed.

Last edited:
Hi all

Before explaining my issue i wanna say ive tested my logitech pc controller by even using the D-pad to select the type of delivery i wanna bowl and the same problem still occurs.

Ive had a issue with pace bowling when i bowl a straight delivery in the form of a yorker 90% of the time the bowl will land and swing by which i miss the stumps its the same situation with LBW's. What am i doing wrong? Also does it have to do with the timing of the right stick when bowling?

If you have any bowling guides please share the links.
This thread may help you - Bowling Guide! - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

I can get edges from right handers no problem,left handers?,well let me say I have nearly 800 hours of playing time and I havent had one genuine nick from a left hander yet.

I can get edges from right handers no problem,left handers?,well let me say I have nearly 800 hours of playing time and I havent had one genuine nick from a left hander yet.

Hopefully we will be getting some news on working towards patch three before too long....this issue is high on the list to be fixed as I understand it...

I'm pretty new to the game, so apologies if these are dumb questions. I'm also sorry if they've been answered elsewhere. I've browsed for answers over the past hr but had no luck.

I'm playing the game on Xbox and want to set up a 4-Test, Australia vs India competition in Australia. Frustratingly, after I've chosen the teams it says that all 4 matches are to be played at the MCG. When I press 'X' to edit the match settings, the stadium selection is greyed out and I'm unable to alter it. I've tried going to the Competition/Tournament editors but my options there seem to be quite limited - even when I create a new competition.

The other thing I've noticed is that despite updating all the teams to the most recent, the 'Current Generation' Australia is still missing players such as Hazlewood, Agar, Burns, M Marsh, etc. India also still has Tendulkar in their starting 11. Is this simply because those team changes are too recent to have been updated for the game?

Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall/update the game from scratch?

If anyone here can help I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers!

I'm playing the game on Xbox and want to set up a 4-Test, Australia vs India competition in Australia. Frustratingly, after I've chosen the teams it says that all 4 matches are to be played at the MCG. When I press 'X' to edit the match settings, the stadium selection is greyed out and I'm unable to alter it. I've tried going to the Competition/Tournament editors but my options there seem to be quite limited - even when I create a new competition.
Yeah, that's because teams get set up with home grounds, and tournaments are then played either all at home or as home and away tournaments - which works fine if you're doing domestic cricket, but doesn't really work for international matches.

To get something else you need to muck around with the Tour editor - which you can find in the Don Bradman Academy Menu. That allows you to set up a calendar and then edit each match with a different ground. There's a number of pre-made ones with the game, but for some reason that doesn't include the current series.

The other thing I've noticed is that despite updating all the teams to the most recent, the 'Current Generation' Australia is still missing players such as Hazlewood, Agar, Burns, M Marsh, etc. India also still has Tendulkar in their starting 11. Is this simply because those team changes are too recent to have been updated for the game?
That's something you can edit yourself, take a look around in the 'Don Bradman Academy' menu item and the team/player editors in there.

The underlying cause is that those teams are all community made, but the ones you download if you just accept the defaults are the highest rated ones - it takes a bit of time for an updated team to become the best rated one.

Users who are viewing this thread