Post your questions about the game here!

Ross? Sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm asking this because I'm used to buying from codemasters! :facepalm
But when this game is released is that it? By that I mean if there is faults, then will they be patched? Or will we be left to live with it?

Ross? Sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm asking this because I'm used to buying from codemasters! :facepalm
But when this game is released is that it? By that I mean if there is faults, then will they be patched? Or will we be left to live with it?

We've continued to provide support for every game we've made, including patches, DLC, etc...

AFL has a Game of the Year Edition that added teams and stadia.

Cricket is personal for me, as mentioned before, I have family playing Cricket including a son on law on tour tight now in Mumbai with a representative indigenous squad. It's a long term investment.

Last edited:
Ross, who are we actually talking to in the company?

I've noticed you have been online all day, for one person that's a herculean effort!

Going by their track record, I would probably say you're in luck, cos they patched AFL Live 2 or 3 times, fixing tons of problems and improving gameplay each time. I'd like to hear an answer from ross, but I'm pretty sure they would completely neglect a broken game (online anyway) like codies.

Ross, who are we actually talking to in the company?

I've noticed you have been online all day, for one person that's a herculean effort!

I have no life :)

If someone posts as BigAntStudios it will be me, only me.

I've actually done quite a bit between "sessions" on here, it's not too hard, I just hit the new posts button every now and again.

I have no life :)

If someone posts as BigAntStudios it will be me, only me.

I've actually done quite a bit between "sessions" on here, it's not too hard, I just hit the new posts button every now and again.

Haha thats great! So what is your role in the company? I'm just curious, sorry not trying to be rude :) Will we be able to expect a similar amount of interaction with you up until release day?

Haha thats great! So what is your role in the company? I'm just curious, sorry not trying to be rude :) Will we be able to expect a similar amount of interaction with you up until release day?

I'm the CEO, I founded Big Ant Studios, been in the industry since 1979 (that's when I was first published anyway), so I'm pretty old :)

I'll be hanging around for a while, if you check out Bigfooty you'll see i have thousands of posts on there both before and after AFL Live.

Yeah, thanks heaps Ross, I followed the BigFooty threads through most of the last few months coming up to the AFL Live release. You really are dedicated to sports games :)

You didn't happen to work on the old Mac Cricket that came out in the late 80's did you? What other sports stuff have you done?

You didn't happen to work on the old Mac Cricket that came out in the late 80's did you? What other sports stuff have you done?

I helped on some stuff for Cricket on the Commodore64 and NES but nothing else for Cricket until now.

I've been involved in a lot of sports and racing games over the past 30 years, other than that I worked for the NFL in the USA for 5 years doing game day real-time predictive play analysis for around 16 of the then 28 clubs.

I helped on some stuff for Cricket on the Commodore64 and NES but nothing else for Cricket until now.

I've been involved in a lot of sports and racing games over the past 30 years, other than that I worked for the NFL in the USA for 5 years doing game day real-time predictive play analysis for around 16 of the then 28 clubs.

Sounds like an interesting career. I'm glad to see you set up base in Melbourne after all these years. :cheers

Found that out just a few hours back when i read it on Ross's profile on the official forum; The CEO himself considering the cricket game as his pet project was a delight to know :)
Big Cheers Ross...Respect! :D

Hey Ross
My query is with regards to career mode. You said its not be a pro kind of career mode. Does it mean it has more to do with management that actual play in the field. Will we be playing as a coach in career mode? I have not played any of your rugby games so I am totally unaware of career mode in that game.

Hey Ross
My query is with regards to career mode. You said its not be a pro kind of career mode. Does it mean it has more to do with management that actual play in the field. Will we be playing as a coach in career mode? I have not played any of your rugby games so I am totally unaware of career mode in that game.

You manage/coach (train, hire, fire) the team and also can play the games or simulate them.

Users who are viewing this thread