Post your questions about the game here!

Since the runner is AI controlled, it makes me think it will just be 1 vs 1.

Earlier games had 2 vs 2 and players used to bat together. What used to annoy me is when my partners used to get out quickly and use up all the good players leaving me to bat with lower orders by the time i would get out.

Ross already confirmed there would be co-op online!! Even Rll2 had 4v4....I expect Cricket 2014 will be the same!

Ross already confirmed there would be co-op online!! Even Rll2 had 4v4....I expect Cricket 2014 will be the same!

Did he say anything about controller re-assign piece?

Lol. I was thinking how to implement all of them together specially when they have to bowl.

Did he say anything about controller re-assign piece?

Yeh...here (come on....its the first post of this thread:p):

15. What are we looking at in terms of online features? Will it just be single H2H matches and private matches like AFL Live or will there be more in depth online modes like FIFA?

Every mode in Cricket has an online option, it is head to head or co-operative (all player controller selection screens have an online selection also). There are also online tournaments.

As for 4v4....am just assuming it would be the same as RLL2. Nothing confirmed by Ross!

Lol. I was thinking how to implement all of them together specially when they have to bowl.

Jokes apart. I think 3 gamer will get 3 players each and 1 will get 2 players to control. The one who is controlling lesser player will get an advantage of getting one player as a captain who will decide the direction of the game. :cheers
I think you have to select one bowler, one batsman and one all-rounder or in a matter of fact someone can get a keeper up their gloves ;)

Or if everything gets complicated just give us 11 vs 11(not happening). But that will result in a connection drop every 1 min though :rolleyes

Yeh...here (come on....its the first post of this thread:p):

I don't see anything about controller re-assign piece though, i.e. changing sides by pausing the game and assigning the controller to the other team.

A few questions...

Will there be a net practice mode in the game with coaching advice?

Will the ai bowl over and round the wicket?

How many people have tested the game and for how long?

How will you stop players slogging sixes every ball?

Can you play and miss the ball using a defensive shot if the ball moves around?

How have you prevented ai exploits eg magic balls against the ai, yorker repetition etc?

Is the game finished?

How long has it been in development?

How robust is the ai in setting and chasing targets?

Are there different ai strategies for different countries in test mode?

And please ensure the game is tested to breaking point before release...

Implementation of Fifa like online ranking system would take care of the quitters. Besides no one would care about their opponents quitting as long as one gets win and the record gets updated. For instance when someone quits against you in fifa, when the score is equal or you're leading by a goal or two, you get win by 3-0, even if the score is like 2-1, when your opponent quits, you get 3-0 win. In case you are leading by 3+ goals, you get to have the same amount of goals that you've scored and the score of your opponent gets cut down to 0.

Now for example if you're winning a match by 5 wickets or so with ease and your opponent quits, winner should be provided with bonus, like instead of 5 wickets, it should count as with 8 wickets or so for earning additional XP, higher the winning margin, better the XP. Although all of this would depend on the rating system which you guys implement in the game.

One other simple solution would be to restrict the online access to one account per serial key so that no one can change their account or hope for starting over with a better record. Quitting would increase the DNF (did not finish) percentage so no one would quit... High DNF% = less likelihood of finding an opponent... We all know that everyone hates facing quitters.

Last edited:
Well that's my problem.
I'm giving Jamie a chance to reply to me privately before I start branding him a liar in public.

Then how do you know if he's not lying in his reply? The answer is that you'll just have to trust him. And there's your problem. :)

If someone is not completely honest in their business practices, then how do you know they will be completely honest in your personal relations with them? You don't. You have to trust them. And there's your problem.

Something's not quite right about Jamie. And having Ross here has enabled us to not only compare games, but compare producers, and this has magnified the differences between the two.

You've been very generous in your leniency towards Jamie to the point where it's starting to show. Your tank, once filled with a fuel called "trust", would be low on gas. Surely you must now be running on fumes?

You'll have to continue your conversation in a PM :p

Users who are viewing this thread