Post your questions about the game here!

No marker is the hardest part to get my head around, i will trust ross/bigant have made it work even on the hardest difficulties.

Its not the hardest part....instead this is how a current gen game should be! People in this generation are used to realistic controls and indepth gameplay!! As someone rightly said before, having a marker on the pitch is like playing a tennis game with the screen showing you a marker for where the ball will land!!

As someone rightly said before, having a marker on the pitch is like playing a tennis game with the screen showing you a marker for where the ball will land!!
Don't most tennis games have that as an option though?

I think the pitch point is a good balance for the differences in your ability to react to a ball being bowled at you compared to one in a game - perhaps the game has figured out the perfect way of giving enough feedback on the ball to make this not a factor, but I think it's one of those things that there's no reason not to have it for lower difficulties.

Of course I'm mostly basing it off my total inability to bat in hud-off mode in IC2010 - I do hope they've found a better implementation.

Don't most tennis games have that as an option though?

I think the pitch point is a good balance for the differences in your ability to react to a ball being bowled at you compared to one in a game - perhaps the game has figured out the perfect way of giving enough feedback on the ball to make this not a factor, but I think it's one of those things that there's no reason not to have it for lower difficulties.

Of course I'm mostly basing it off my total inability to bat in hud-off mode in IC2010 - I do hope they've found a better implementation.

Well, the bowling mechanics in this game alters the length of the delivery til the very last moment (based on when you push the RAS forward), so there might actually not be enough time to show a marker (or it would not be useful enough anyways)

As for IC2010, the biggest reason for not being able to play without the marker in that game was because you actually had to play the shot as soon as (if not before) the ball was bowled. This made it impossible to play any shot correctly as by the time you had judged the line and length of the delivery, it was too late to play the shot. This happens when the option for removing the marker is an after thought rather than a design. As for BA, since they do not have any marker at all, the whole mechanics for batting would have been designed around that fact.

As for playability, if Mike is able to score a century, it means that the batting would not be impossible. I can bet that even the developers of IC2010 would not have been able to play proper shots (without 100% pre-meditation) without the marker in that game. The timing windows in that game made it impossible to do so.

Do consider the fact that in IC2010, the whole animation of moving the foot and playing the shot occurred 'after' you pressed the button for playing the shot, thus it needed a wider timing window, where as in BA cricket, most probably, the RAS would control only the bat movement, so in theory you would be playing the shot when the ball has reached you (since foot movement is controller with a separate stick), which gives you more time to judge the line and length and react to the delivery than premeditate it.

Last edited:
@Ross: Do you think that this cricket game mechanism will make even those who don't know anything about cricket but wants to try on a new sport??[Like me,I wanted to try on new games,So by playing Basketball,baseball games I came to know about the game and now I follow the game as well]:)

Hopeless, spends the day cursing the screen no matter what we are making :p

Ross,Are the players batting/bowling and other Animations going to be realistic like Fifa ? And are we going to have all kind of shots like reverse sweep,scoop those latest ones ? Thanks sir

Users who are viewing this thread