Post your questions about the game here!

I would like to remind people we have a GTA V thread.

If you read that carefully I don't say you can't discuss the Ashes here - just that we want more posters in the dedicated forum.
Careful now, next you'll be renaming this thread the Ashes first test discussion thread so you aren't off topic.

Is there the option of placing the fielders wherever we want without any restrictions in placement??

if you had downloaded CA Beta file...then you had known that

if you had downloaded CA Beta file...then you had known that
If he didn't get a black screen when trying to run it then perhaps he would, but because he doesn't he's asking a question.

Not to mention it wouldn't answer the question anyway, the fielding restrictions options are different to what the field placement restrictions are.

Ashes for example will allow you to place any player anywhere allowed by the fielding restrictions (like limits on the number of fielders outside the circle), whereas most games limit placement to set fielding positions, which is what I hope Big Ant do.

As a buildup to the AFL Live release Ross simulated a season on the game and one by one, from the bottom of the ladder up, showed the default team lineups.

Perhaps a similar thing for a simulated Ashes would be a good idea?

Will we be able to just watch games being played online between some other guys?

Not sure how the multiplayer screen will look, but it would be nice if we can see the list of ongoing games ending soonest and be able to look at the scorecard right there and then click on it to watch the end of a very close match. That is if we have the ability to watch a game being played.

Ross how to choose whether to play with a straight bat or a flat bat while batting..is there any control?

Just use the fake names! All we want to see is how realistic your game gets the scores.

Having said that, on the performance of yesterdays debacle nothing would surprise me. :facepalm

Yeah....if you can, use fake names!! No probs!! If you want I can create a team with fake names which you can use :D!

Users who are viewing this thread